Corner Norton and Victoria Streets, Ashfield
A restful, picturesque park with equal access.
Accessible for sight impaired people
One of Ku-ring-gai’s biggest and most beautiful sports and recreation spots, with soccer fields, baseball diamonds, mountain bike park, BBQ and playground overlooking bushland
Esk Street Wahroonga Australia
James Charles Morrell (1868-1943) ran the NSW branch of the Commonwealth War Service Homes Commission as Deputy Commissioner at the time of the development of the Hemsley Estate, and is likely to have been responsible for its design.
Barambah Rd Corner Ashley St, Roseville
Dr Walters Park in Chifley is a medium sized park with mature trees providing shade and a tranquil place to visit. Within the park is a fully fenced children’s playground with climbing equipment, a slide, seating and shade structure.
27-33R Lasseter Avenue, Chifley
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside and a separate kitchen. DVD, CD, AV and PA equipment, including screen, available on request.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, soccer field, seven tennis courts, one multi-purpose/netball court, BBQ, playground and dog off-leash area.
Chelmsford Avenue Roseville Australia
HMAT Barambah (formerly the SS Hobart) was a steamship built in 1912 for the Deutsche-Australische line, which operated services between Germany and Australia. The ship was seized by Australia in Melbourne at the commencement of WW1, renamed Barambah and used as a troop transport belonging to the Australian Commonwealth Government Line of Steamers. The ship’s final voyage from Australia to England was in 1925 having been sold and renamed SS Justin. Barambah was the name given to an Aboriginal mission town in Queensland (now Cherbourg), and means “source of the western wind”. There are two park benches, a picnic table. a level grassed area and an attractive 3m high rock face in this reserve. There are four parks and a garden in Barcoo Street:
18 and 34 Barambah St, Roseville
This colourful playground is open for general public use outside of the Holdsworth Community Centre & Services hours of opening. Please contact the Centre for more details on 9302 3680.
Holdsworth Street Playground,Holdsworth Street Community Centre, 64 Holdsworth Street, Woollahra
Tantallon Oval is an award-winning oval located on the corner of Epping Road & Tantallon Road. This is a public oval & surrounded with parkland.
Tantallon Oval Tantallon Rd & Epping Road, Lane Cove North NSW 2066, Australia
A centrally located and well-used urban park. With paving, pathways and rolling lawns dotted with mature specimen trees, Civic Park is a pleasant meeting place for the North Sydney community. North Sydney’s Civic Centre opened in September 1982. The site was the subject of numerous plans, both commercial and civic, since it was first mooted as a civic centre in the 1940s. The Civic Centre incorporates a number of existing buildings, including the Council Chambers and the Stanton Library, together with a park area consisting of lawns and gardens, known as Civic Park.
200 Miller Street North Sydney New South Wales 2060
his basic but highly visible picnic area has been designed for visitors who prefer to bring their own barbecue or event caterer. The shelter shed provides ample weather protection for a small group, while still allowing additional space for small marques or pop-up shelters to be errected for larger groups.
420 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Pleasant picnic location with lawns and shade. Divided by Tamarama Marine Drive: West section is a large open area with a shady gully; the smaller Eastern section contains the listed facilities.
Tamarama Park, Tamarama Marine Drive ,Tamarama 2026
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Woodford Bay Bicentennial Reserve is located at bottom of Woodford Street, Longueville. This is a landscaped historical park over looking the bay with pockets of bushland.
Woodford St Longueville NSW 2066, Australia
Kenneth Slessor Park is named after the renowned Australian poet and journalist, Kenneth Slessor (1901-71), who lived nearby at several houses along Pacific Highway in Chatswood for the early and later part of his life. Originally called Western Park, the park has western views to the Blue Mountains and was part of the Fuller Estate. The land was purchased by Council in 1931.
Western way, chatswood
Dunningham Reserve is located on the northern headland of Coogee Beach. Spectacular ocean and coastline views make this reserve a popular location for photographers and filmmakers in addition to the large number of recreational users.
2R Baden Street, Coogee NSW 2034
This historic park caters for sports such as netball, softball, cricket and training for rugby and soccer. A popular location for other leisure activities such as walking and jogging.
Lough Playing Fields,Manning Road, Double Bay
Spooner Park is located on the northern side of Jubilee Avenue and represents a green island space inbetween an existing triangle of Battye, Ferry and Jubilee Avenues in Beverley Park. It is a local park adjacent to the Beverley Park Golf Course, and part of the original wetland corridor flowing into Kogarah Bay.
Spooner Park Jubilee Ave Beverley Park NSW 2217 Australia
Grace Campbell Reserve 4 is a pocket park located off Grace Campbell Crescent, near the intersection with Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale. The reserve provides a green space for the enjoyment of local residents.
1 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Wassell Street Reserve is located in Matraville. It has a fenced children’s playground fronting Wassell Street. The reserve is located between residential properties and adjoins local market gardens.
20R Wassell Street, Matraville
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
Burrows Park is located to the south of Waverley Cemetery. You can reach it via Ocean Street or by the walkway from Clovelly Beach or Bundock Park. The park is bounded to the east by an area of remnant vegetation and to the south by the cliff top at the edge of Clovelly Bay. There are spectacular views along the coastline in all directions from this high vantage point. The park marks the beginning of the Eastern Beaches Coastal Walk within the Randwick City Council area. Further north, the walkway continues towards Bondi Beach. The wide pathways are in regular use by walkers and joggers. The park features a free outdoor gym which was opened in August 2014. Clovelly Bowling Club is located within the park. The park also includes a sportsfield.
1-11 Ocean Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside. This second meeting room is located furthest away from the main library building with a lounge area and kitchenette in front.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
The North Turramurra Recreation Area (NTRA) sport facility features a synthetic Soccer sportsfield, small synthetic practice areas, two natural turf soccer fields (winter season) as well as cricket nets and a Cricket pitch to utilise in the (summer season). The facility also offers superior lighting for night time training and competition purposes.
361 Bobbin Head Road North Turramurra 2074 Australia
Cook’s Paddock is a small park of heritage significance. It was once the overnight paddock for delivery horses for the James Cook Bakery on Oxford Street, Paddington. Now it is a small fenced playground with a see-saw and swing set with park benches for the adults.
James Cook Reserve (Cook's Paddock),Victoria Place, Paddington
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf and synthetic wickets plus two practice nets for cricket, floodlit tennis courts, rugby fields and playground at Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
62a Tryon Road, East Lindfield
Located on Broome Street Maroubra, this reserve includes seating and a playground that was built in 2014. The new playground was partly funded, with a generous donation by the late Dr Lynn Joseph.
114R Broome Street, Maroubra NSW 2035