Multi-purpose sporting facility with athletics track, synthetic wicket, soccer fields, playground and clubhouse
This harbourside tidal enclosure (previously known as Redleaf Pool) is popular with all age groups and can be crowded on weekends in summer. The enclosure provides a swimming area of approximately 90m x 60m.
Murray Rose Pool, New South Head Road, Double Bay
Murray Rose Pool – Double Bay
The Sydney Morning Herald on 20 October 1854 said it was: A pretty marine villa with commanding views of Port Jackson. Built in the first half of the 19th century, it was acquired by North Sydney Council in 1979 and converted into a local history museum, and is one of Council’s premier historical sites open to the public. It is a rare example of an early timber slab house nestled in a remnant Victorian garden. Featuring the history of the house and its former occupants, Don Bank’s displays focus on social history and our changing times.
6 Napier St, North Sydney, 2060
Don Bank Museum – North Sydney
Alison Park is a beautiful, civic park located off Alison Road, Randwick between the town centre and the Randwick Council Administration Building. On The Avenue side, it is lined by beautiful historic fig trees and it is a quiet sanctuary away from the Belmore Road shopping strip. The park features a playground, a large flat grassed area great for ball games, public toilets, street banner poles and public art. A childcare centre is located in the park off Frances Street.
194R Alison Road, Randwick NSW 2031
Alison Park – Randwick
Gap Park is located on a coastal escarpment on Sydney Harbour’s South Head. It has spectacular views of both the harbour and the sea. There are a series of basic paths amidst windswept native coastal vegetation that traverse the cliff tops. The area is one of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations. It attracts international and national tour groups, independent visitors, and local residents who use the park for walking, harbour and ocean viewing, bird watching, whale watching and spectating major harbour events. Additionally the park supports a rich history containing early fortifications, shipwreck relicts, and disused gun placements from past wars.
Gap Park, Gap Road, Watsons Bay
Gap Park – Watsons Bay
Stuart Street Reserve, Blakehurst is classified as district green space, which was part of original 120 acres granted to William Fitzpatrick. The land was purchased by Father John Joseph Therry in 1837. In 1877 most of this land was subdivided and auctioned as the Georgeton (sometimes Georgetown) Estate.
Stuart Street , Blakehurst
Stuart Street Reserve – Blakehurst
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Artarmon Park,Cleland Rd, Artarmon
Artarmon Park – Artarmon
Named after William and Henry Mashman who operated a pottery business on the site of the park from 1885. The Mashman Brothers company, Victoria Pottery, produced terracotta and stoneware including chimney pots, urns, chicken feeders, bread crocks and storage jars. As more houses were built in Chatswood, the company also produced drainage and sewer pipes. In 1959 the Royal Doulton Company bought the business and continued making only sanitary wares. In 1980 Caroma Industries P/L acquired the business but ceased trading in 2000. Council was given the park in 2004 by the Huang family who converted the former factory building into residential apartments.
Mashman Park, Chatswood
Mashman Park – Chatswood
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside. This second meeting room is located furthest away from the main library building with a lounge area and kitchenette in front.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Gordon Library Meeting Room 2 – Gordon
Grace Campbell Reserve 4 is a pocket park located off Grace Campbell Crescent, near the intersection with Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale. The reserve provides a green space for the enjoyment of local residents.
1 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve 4 – Hillsdale
Hogben Park is located at the corner of Harrow Road and Railway Parade in Kogarah and is 2.6 hectares in size. The park is registered as a site of local heritage significance as it represents a section of the Ocean View Estate subdivision which was established in 1883 and extended across the railway line. The establishment of the railway severed this area from the rest of the Estate.
Hogben Park 2 Railway Parade Kogarah NSW 2217 Australia
Hogben Park – Kogarah
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
Auluba Ovals 1 and 2 – South Turramurra
The Rotary Athletic Field is part of an original grant to John Jones, part of which later came into the possession of SB Whatmore.
Chatswood Rotary Memorial Athletics Field, Mowbray Road West, Lane Cove North
Chatswood Rotary War Memorial Athletics Field – Lane Cove North
Named after Gregory Bartels, AM (1926-2015), who served on Willoughby City Council from 1983-1993, as Alderman, Deputy Mayor (1985-87, 1989 -91) and as Mayor (1991-93). He devoted much of his life to public service, including Patron, Chairman, Member and Director of many community groups. The land was acquired by Council in 1948. It was previously known as Edgar Street Reserve.
Edgar Street Chatswood
Bartels Park – Chatswood
Located on Jenner Street, part of the Prince Henry precinct in Little Bay, this reserve is also known locally as Macartney Oval. It is a large park, ideal for sport and recreation alike, and also has seating and a playground for toddlers.
5R Jenner Street, Little Bay NSW 2036
Macartney Reserve – Little Bay
This “T” shaped park with access from both Edgecliff Road and Fletcher Street has a nautical themed playground. There is climbing equipment, slides, swings and various activities to keep children amused.
Plumb Reserve,Fletcher Street and Edgecliff Road, Woollahra.
Plumb Reserve – Woollahra
Enjoy your cricket and soccer at this beautiful facility inside Lane Cove National Park, complete with BBQ facilities. Please be aware that dogs are banned from National Parks at all times.
Fiddens Wharf Oval, Fiddens Wharf Road, Killara
Fiddens Wharf Oval – Killara
Situated on the corner of Mona Vale and Rosedale Roads, this small meeting room is perfect for group meetings and classes, with tables and chairs, fridge and whiteboard. Available for bookings every day, 7am – 11pm
207 Mona Vale Road St Ives Australia
Ku-ring-gai Community Groups Meeting Room – St Ives
Mainly playing fields. This park is not administered by Waverley Council. For bookings and other information, please contact the Centennial and Moore Park Trust on 9339 6699.
Queens Park Corner of Darley and York Rd Queens Park 2022
Queens Park – Queens Park
This gorgeous park is situated in bushland on the shores of Middle Harbour and is an ideal venue for functions of all sizes, from family BBQs to weddings. Echo Point Park is Ku-ring-gai’s only park with water frontage and boasts a beach, mangroves, Aboriginal heritage sites, walking tracks, terraced gardens, playground and remains of the old Roseville Baths and Roseville Bridge.
Babbage Road Roseville Chase Australia
Echo Point Park – Roseville Chase
Named after Sir James Willoughby Gordon (1773-1851), English officer-soldier and associate of Sir Thomas Livingstone Mitchell, the NSW Surveyor-General, who assigned the name of ‘Willoughby’ to the local parish.
Willoughby Park, McClelland Street, Willoughby
Willoughby Park – Willoughby
Named after the nautical term for the upper deck of a ship. The developer of the area, Lend Lease through Civil and Civic Pty Ltd., elected to name the streets to reflect the partiality for nautical terms of its Dutch born director, Gerardus J.
The Quarterdeck, Middle Cove
The Quarterdeck – Middle Cove
East Lindfield Community Hall is a beautiful, modern venue for group meetings, parties and indoor activities (e.g. dance classes and martial arts programs). It can accommodate up to 150 people and has a stage with PA and sound system; kitchen with fridge and oven; and an enclosed grass area.
9 Wellington Road East Lindfield Australia
East Lindfield Community Hall – East Lindfield
Dunningham Reserve is located on the northern headland of Coogee Beach. Spectacular ocean and coastline views make this reserve a popular location for photographers and filmmakers in addition to the large number of recreational users.
2R Baden Street, Coogee NSW 2034
Dunningham Reserve – Coogee
James Charles Morrell (1868-1943) ran the NSW branch of the Commonwealth War Service Homes Commission as Deputy Commissioner at the time of the development of the Hemsley Estate, and is likely to have been responsible for its design.
Barambah Rd Corner Ashley St, Roseville
Morrell Reserve – Roseville
The park has a playground and good views of the city and the local yachts. There is a restaurant and kiosk in nearby Rushcutters Bay Park. Popular vantage point for New Year’s Eve.
Yarranabbe Park, New Beach Road, Darling Point.
Yarranabbe Park – Darling Point
The North Turramurra Recreation Area (NTRA) sport facility features a synthetic Soccer sportsfield, small synthetic practice areas, two natural turf soccer fields (winter season) as well as cricket nets and a Cricket pitch to utilise in the (summer season). The facility also offers superior lighting for night time training and competition purposes.
361 Bobbin Head Road North Turramurra 2074 Australia
North Turramurra Recreation Area (NTRA) – North Turramurra
Pioneers Park is a large recreational facility located on the corner of Franklin Street and Cromwell Place in Malabar, only a few minutes walk from Malabar Beach. The park consists of several large grassed areas and sports fields with native shrubs and a few trees.
1160-1196R Anzac Parade, Malabar
Pioneers Park – Malabar
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Carss Bush Park – Carss Park
Coast Hospital Memorial Park (also known as Pine Avenue Reserve) in Little Bay, is a large open park space with masses of grass, mature Pine trees and views out to beautiful Little Bay and beyond.
21R Pine Avenue, Little Bay NSW 2036
Coast Hospital Memorial Park – Little Bay
This basic building is in original condition and has a rural feel. It is suitable for small bush dances, themed parties (country, halloween, etc.) or informal meetings. The Craft Hut is a great addition to the hire of the Events Area, providing ample weather protection for up to 50 people.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Craft Hut – St Ives
Harbourview Park is a cool leafy oasis in the centre of the intense residential development of Woollahra. Its mature trees provide a green canopy over much of the park. It is a pleasant “shortcut” on a walk from Bondi Junction to Double Bay.
Harbourview Park - Woollahra
Harbourview Park – Woollahra
This colourful and fragrant park was designed by Landscape Consultant Stephen Whitteridge following community consultation, and completed in June 2008.
Whitton Park,Corner Whitton ,Oliver Roads, Chatswood
Whitton Park – Chatswood
Flint Street Reserve is a pocket park located on Flint Street near Southpoint Shopping Centre Hillsdale. Flint Street Reserve has play equipment with a shade structure and a safety fence. The reserve is popular with young families in the Hillsdale area. Flint Street Reserve is accessible from Flint Street.
10 Flint Street, Hillsdale 2036
Flint Street Reserve – Hillsdale
The reserve was proclaimed a War Memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954.
Northbridge War Memorial, War Memorial Playing Fields, Northbridge NSW 2063
Northbridge War Memorial – Northbridge
Castlecove was the name given by Walter Burley Griffin to the most northern of the three Middle Harbour peninsulas on which he purchased land in 1920.
Holly Street, Castle Cove
Castle Cove Park – Castle Cove
Talus Street Reserve is at the headwater of Flat Rock Creek. A path with night lighting runs through the reserve, and the southern end of the park is just a few minutes walk from St Leonards railway station.
Talus Street Reserve, Talus Street, Naremburn
Talus Street Reserve – Naremburn
Sydney Harbour National Park. Remnant bushland, birdwatching, spotlighting, views of the city and harbour, bushwalking track to Rawson Oval.
Adjoining Clifton Gardens Reserve, Morella Road, Mosman
Clifton Gardens – Mosman
Located off Todman Avenue Kensington on Brompton Road within the private Raleigh Park Estate, this publicly-accessible park features large open grassed areas which are well used by local residents. The park is maintained by the Raleigh Park Community Association.
2-10R Brompton Road, Kensington NSW 2033
Raleigh Park – Kensington