chess table, picnic area, small playground
Cromer NSW 2099
The newly expanded Cameron Park was opened in March 2017 and features open grassy areas, plentiful shade from trees, a multipurpose paved area with outdoor table tennis table and picnic facilities, a self-cleaning, accessible public toilet, as well as brand new seating, fencing, pathways and lighting.
Corner Eastern Road and Gilroy Road Turramurra Australia
Located on the corner of Beauchamp Road and Anzac Parade Matraville, this large grassed area provides an entrance to a housing estate that was established between 1918 and 1925 to house returned soldiers and widows of soldiers from World War I.
361-399R Beauchamp Road, Matraville
Sandy Bay lies immediately north of Clontarf with Sandy Bay Road providing access to the bay. The 120m wide bay is very sheltered and faces southeast toward The Spit just 500 m away. It has a low, narrow, curving 150 m long high tide beach (SH 17) fronted by intertidal sand flats up to 200 m wide, which fills most of the bay. The road runs around the rear of the beach, terminating at the northern end of the bay, with a small creek draining to the centre. Boats are moored off the sand flats.
Sandy Bay Road Clontarf NSW 2093
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside. This second meeting room is located furthest away from the main library building with a lounge area and kitchenette in front.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Fitting comfortably in the corner of Fred Hutley Reserve, this playground has stroller access from Palmer Street. It is surrounded by a low timber retaining wall which functions as both the playground edge and informal seating for parents and carers. Behind this wall, landscaped mounds create a physical barrier between children and the street and soften and screen the playground, creating a relaxed and intimate atmosphere with a range of equipment including a triple embankment slide, spinning poles, traditional roundabout, cable climb structure and swings.
Hamilton Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Predominantly a facility for younger users, this playground capitalises on the existing trees as integral parts of the play space; creating child-scale play gardens. The playground is subtly divided into separate play spaces connected by colourful stepping stone pathways, low level bridges, quiet sitting areas dotted with giant rubber toadstools, and a range of ground level activities. Out in the main play area a central deck structure offers slides and a cubby area while a four-person spring-mounted pony rocker and a giant spinning teacup offer fun activities for small groups. Small sculptures scattered around the gardens offer wonderful ‘discoveries’ for the youngsters.
oung Street Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Fred Hollows Reserve is a unique vegetated gully in the heart of Randwick City. It is a natural area in Glebe Gully in the Eastern Suburbs. It is a two hectare park that follows a gully from Alison Road to Clovelly Road. The reserve has a footbridge/boardwalk built across the creek which is a pleasant 30 minute walk up the gorge from Alison Road to Bligh Place. There are picnic facilities throughout the reserve and the viewing platforms allow you to take in much of the natural flora and fauna that lives within the tranquil space.
63R St Marks, Randwick NSW 2031
Euroka, Street Playground caters primarily to older children and incorporates many fitness and strength activities such as monkey bars, rope climbers and vertical wall climbers with more traditional activities such as slides, spinners and a spring-mounted skateboard. Fitness equipment including a stepper and stand-up swing invites adults to use the space as well. A low masonry wall provides a hang-out space adjacent to a rubber surfaced hand-ball court. The playground is set into a lush shaded location and provides a relaxed meeting space for both adults and local children.
Euroka Street Waverton New South Wales 2060
Govett Reserve is a triangular parcel of land that contains a fenced and shaded playground. The playground includes a slide, swings, climbing structure and a see-saw.
22R Govett Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
East Lindfield Community Hall is a beautiful, modern venue for group meetings, parties and indoor activities (e.g. dance classes and martial arts programs). It can accommodate up to 150 people and has a stage with PA and sound system; kitchen with fridge and oven; and an enclosed grass area.
9 Wellington Road East Lindfield Australia
Your destination for netball and tennis, with 25 netball courts, five dual-marked tennis courts and BBQ right at the edge of beautiful Lane Cove National Park
End of Canoon Road South Turramurra Australia
Cook’s Paddock is a small park of heritage significance. It was once the overnight paddock for delivery horses for the James Cook Bakery on Oxford Street, Paddington. Now it is a small fenced playground with a see-saw and swing set with park benches for the adults.
James Cook Reserve (Cook's Paddock),Victoria Place, Paddington
It is suitable for use by schools, community groups and for racing. The course layout can be tailored to suit different levels of ability. The Showground has previously hosted overniight cross country bookings; additional facilities such the Jim Watson Main Arena or the Rotary Kiosk can be hired to facilitate larger events and overnight stays. The additional hire of the Jim Watson Main Arena would also provide use of showers, bleechers and broadcasting box.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
The South Maroubra Village Green is located adjacent to the South Maroubra Shopping Village on Meagher Avenue off Malabar Road. It’s a grassed area which includes a children’s playground. The park is also the location of many regular events such as the South Maroubra Village Green Art Show and the South Maroubra Community Christmas Carols.
5-19R Meagher Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, soccer field, seven tennis courts, one multi-purpose/netball court, BBQ, playground and dog off-leash area.
Chelmsford Avenue Roseville Australia
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Enjoy a hit-out with friends or family at this secluded spot backing on to picturesque bushland. Features four tennis courts, playground and toilets.
End of Morona Avenue Wahroonga Australia
The reserve was proclaimed a War Memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954.
Northbridge War Memorial, War Memorial Playing Fields, Northbridge NSW 2063
Named after William and Henry Mashman who operated a pottery business on the site of the park from 1885. The Mashman Brothers company, Victoria Pottery, produced terracotta and stoneware including chimney pots, urns, chicken feeders, bread crocks and storage jars. As more houses were built in Chatswood, the company also produced drainage and sewer pipes. In 1959 the Royal Doulton Company bought the business and continued making only sanitary wares. In 1980 Caroma Industries P/L acquired the business but ceased trading in 2000. Council was given the park in 2004 by the Huang family who converted the former factory building into residential apartments.
Mashman Park, Chatswood
On the first Sunday of each month a Bushcare group works at Anglo Park, looking after the significant Blue Gum High Forest plant community, including Blue Gums and Blackbutts 20-30m tall.
Anglo Park, 14 Anglo St, Chatswood
Perfect for family functions, meetings and indoor sports activities. East Roseville Community Hall can accommodate up to 120 people. The hall is fully equipped with kitchen, toilets with disabled access, air conditioning, and a newly refurbished outdoor playground.
6 Babbage Road Roseville Australia
Chiswick Gardens provides a beautifully maintained setting for any special occasion. The manicured lawn and period planting provides a beautiful landscape.
Chiswick Gardens, Corner of Wellington and Ocean Street, Woollahra
The Village Green refers to the narrow park alongside Artarmon Station. It was originally part of the land put aside for the building of the North Shore Railway, and is now leased by Council from Railcorp. It was dedicated by Council on 21 September 1968, and a plaque with the following inscription was set into a large rock in the park to mark the event:
Artarmon Village GreenArtarmon Village Green,Artarmon Station, Hampden Road, Artarmon
Mainly flat playing field with views to the Ocean. The reserve also contains remnant vegetation, which is looked after by a team of dedicated bushcare volunteers.
Hugh Bamford Reserve Miltary Road (north of the golf club) North Bondi 2026
This iconic North Shore landmark has hosted a multitude of events including horse shows, dog shows, circuses, markets, fireworks displays, car shows, trailwalks, cross-country events, sports training and competitions.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Named after Alderman William Cleland junior, Mayor of Willoughby (1906-07) and first president of the School of Arts. He lived in Abbott Road where the Artarmon Public School now stands. The land was intended to be the site of the Council Chambers, as it was elevated and central to the newly created Municipality of North Willoughby in 1865, however when Chatswood Town Hall was opened in 1903 the land became redundant. At the urging of Cleland, it was declared a public park in 1908. Tennis courts have been operating in the park since 1920. You can see the list, what they can be used for, and which clubs use them. More information about local tennis courts is available in pdf format Tennis in the city of Willoughby. A carpark for approximately twenty cars and a Guides Hall (Artarmon District Guides) are also located in the park.
Cleland Park, Barton Roads, Artarmon
A centrally located and well-used urban park. With paving, pathways and rolling lawns dotted with mature specimen trees, Civic Park is a pleasant meeting place for the North Sydney community. North Sydney’s Civic Centre opened in September 1982. The site was the subject of numerous plans, both commercial and civic, since it was first mooted as a civic centre in the 1940s. The Civic Centre incorporates a number of existing buildings, including the Council Chambers and the Stanton Library, together with a park area consisting of lawns and gardens, known as Civic Park.
200 Miller Street North Sydney New South Wales 2060
Harbourview Park is a cool leafy oasis in the centre of the intense residential development of Woollahra. Its mature trees provide a green canopy over much of the park. It is a pleasant “shortcut” on a walk from Bondi Junction to Double Bay.
Harbourview Park - Woollahra