basketball half court
1401 Pittwater Rd
Narrabeen NSW 2101
McKell Park is on the shores of Sydney Harbour with views of the Harbour Bridge to the west and Sydney Heads to the east. The park comprises grassed landscape terraces stepping down to the harbour foreshore and the public ferry wharf. It is often used for wedding ceremonies as it has superb harbour views and manicured gardens surrounded by magnificent mature trees. The harbour and well maintained gardens provide a perfect backdrop for any special occasion. It is a great vantage point to view Sydney Harbour activities. The heritage listed Canonbury Cottage is the centrepiece of the park.
McKell Park,North Darling Point Road, Darling Point.
A lovely shaded park in the heart of Kensington located on the corner of Duke Street and Balfour Road. The park includes a fenced playground, interactive play equipment, a small bicycle track and a large open grassed area set below Balfour Street.
43R Duke Street, Kensington NSW 2033
The park has a playground and good views of the city and the local yachts. There is a restaurant and kiosk in nearby Rushcutters Bay Park. Popular vantage point for New Year’s Eve.
Yarranabbe Park, New Beach Road, Darling Point.
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Wassell Street Reserve is located in Matraville. It has a fenced children’s playground fronting Wassell Street. The reserve is located between residential properties and adjoins local market gardens.
20R Wassell Street, Matraville
Situated in the hub of St Ives, this large hall can accommodate up to 300 people and comes equipped with a stage, full kitchen and disabled access. Great for family functions such as birthdays and reunions, also indoor sports activities. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Memorial Avenue St Ives Australia
The North Turramurra Recreation Area (NTRA) sport facility features a synthetic Soccer sportsfield, small synthetic practice areas, two natural turf soccer fields (winter season) as well as cricket nets and a Cricket pitch to utilise in the (summer season). The facility also offers superior lighting for night time training and competition purposes.
361 Bobbin Head Road North Turramurra 2074 Australia
The reserve was proclaimed a War Memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954.
Northbridge War Memorial, War Memorial Playing Fields, Northbridge NSW 2063
A centrally located and well-used urban park. With paving, pathways and rolling lawns dotted with mature specimen trees, Civic Park is a pleasant meeting place for the North Sydney community. North Sydney’s Civic Centre opened in September 1982. The site was the subject of numerous plans, both commercial and civic, since it was first mooted as a civic centre in the 1940s. The Civic Centre incorporates a number of existing buildings, including the Council Chambers and the Stanton Library, together with a park area consisting of lawns and gardens, known as Civic Park.
200 Miller Street North Sydney New South Wales 2060
Origin of the name Naremburn is unknown, but is attributed to either the aboriginal words ‘narra burren’ for ‘forked creek’, or the Scottish ‘near a burn’.
Park Road/Station Street, Naremburn
Located on the corner of Beauchamp Road and Anzac Parade Matraville, this large grassed area provides an entrance to a housing estate that was established between 1918 and 1925 to house returned soldiers and widows of soldiers from World War I.
361-399R Beauchamp Road, Matraville
Finucane Reserve is a large flat park with mature trees providing natural shade. There is seating located throughout the park and there is a large children’s playground with climbing equipment, see-saw, spring animal and softfall flooring.
1R Finucane Crescent, Matraville
This unique playground uses the existing landform as an integral part of the play environment. ‘Tiny tot’ equipment on the upper level is connected to junior equipment on the lower level via a landscaped embankment slide and rubber steps. The play area is flanked by beds of brightly flowering plants, a feature picked up in the details and colours of the custom designed equipment. This bright and sunny playground with spectacular views over middle harbour is a great winter play destination for young children.
Fifth Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Chiswick Gardens provides a beautifully maintained setting for any special occasion. The manicured lawn and period planting provides a beautiful landscape.
Chiswick Gardens, Corner of Wellington and Ocean Street, Woollahra
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
The Village Green refers to the narrow park alongside Artarmon Station. It was originally part of the land put aside for the building of the North Shore Railway, and is now leased by Council from Railcorp. It was dedicated by Council on 21 September 1968, and a plaque with the following inscription was set into a large rock in the park to mark the event:
Artarmon Village GreenArtarmon Village Green,Artarmon Station, Hampden Road, Artarmon
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
Named after H.J. Greville an auditor of the Borough of Willoughby in the 1880s. The land was previously the site of a dairy started by Gladys Homer in the early 1930s. In the 1950s the land was subdivided and sold to Cumberland County Council. The land formed a boundary with the Army Rifle Range until its relocation in 1955. In 1960 the land was sold to Willoughby Municipal Council and named Greville Street Reserve. Willoughby City Council acknowledges the Cameraigal people as the traditional inhabitants of the area.
Greville Park,Greville Street ,Chatswood
Burrows Park is located to the south of Waverley Cemetery. You can reach it via Ocean Street or by the walkway from Clovelly Beach or Bundock Park. The park is bounded to the east by an area of remnant vegetation and to the south by the cliff top at the edge of Clovelly Bay. There are spectacular views along the coastline in all directions from this high vantage point. The park marks the beginning of the Eastern Beaches Coastal Walk within the Randwick City Council area. Further north, the walkway continues towards Bondi Beach. The wide pathways are in regular use by walkers and joggers. The park features a free outdoor gym which was opened in August 2014. Clovelly Bowling Club is located within the park. The park also includes a sportsfield.
1-11 Ocean Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Oatley Memorial Gardens offers a pleasant outdoor area for residents and visitors near the centre of Oatley Village. Located between Oatley Parade and Oatley Avenue, south of Hurstville Road, the Gardens are a green gateway into the centre of Oatley Village.
Oatley Ave, Oatley
Located on Cantrill Avenue Maroubra, this large fenced reserve includes picnic areas with seating and tables and a playground. There is also a bike track through the reserve and the large grassed area makes it a great spot to kick a ball around or even fly a kite.
2-4R Cantrill Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
Gorgeous manicured gardens with fenced playground and rotunda. A great venue for functions such as birthdays, weddings and family picnics. Wahroonga Park also plays host to the popular Twilight Concerts every year.
Coonanbarra Road Wahroonga Australia
On the first Sunday of each month a Bushcare group works at Anglo Park, looking after the significant Blue Gum High Forest plant community, including Blue Gums and Blackbutts 20-30m tall.
Anglo Park, 14 Anglo St, Chatswood
Turimetta Beach is a small 350m long beach between Turimetta and Narrabeen Head backed by 20 to 30 m high shale bluffs. The beach receives waves averaging 1.5m which break close to shore, and often has a heavy shore break. Two or three rips usually form at each end of the beach and in the centre amongst the rocks.
57 Narrabeen Park Parade Warriewood NSW 2102
Named after Gregory Bartels, AM (1926-2015), who served on Willoughby City Council from 1983-1993, as Alderman, Deputy Mayor (1985-87, 1989 -91) and as Mayor (1991-93). He devoted much of his life to public service, including Patron, Chairman, Member and Director of many community groups. The land was acquired by Council in 1948. It was previously known as Edgar Street Reserve.
Edgar Street Chatswood
Elphinstone Reserve is a large open green space reserve with park seating. It is circled by a large footpath and junior bike track and has scattered mature trees for shade. In the front corner of the park is a small, fully fenced tiered space similar to a small amphitheatre, with park bench seating and a small gazebo for shade.
5R Elphinstone Road, South Coogee
Talus Street Reserve is at the headwater of Flat Rock Creek. A path with night lighting runs through the reserve, and the southern end of the park is just a few minutes walk from St Leonards railway station.
Talus Street Reserve, Talus Street, Naremburn
Named after the aboriginal word for “beauty”. The park was acquired in 1942 from the Estate of Joseph Charles Tricker, builder, who lived in the adjoining house ‘Goulburn Grange’, which was built in 1907. The park contains remnant native ridge-top trees of Blackbutt and Turpentine which provide plenty of shade. There are three covered picnic tables, a double plated BBQ and a playground in the park.
Lowanna Park, Greville Street and Fullers Road, Chatswood
Govett Reserve is a triangular parcel of land that contains a fenced and shaded playground. The playground includes a slide, swings, climbing structure and a see-saw.
22R Govett Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Hughes Park was constructed on the site of a former bowling club in 2015 and consists of a playground for all ages, barbeque facilities, picnic tables, a community garden and outdoor fitness equipment. Parking and toilet facilities are also available. The park is named after former local Billy Hughes who 100 years ago became the Prime Minister of Australia. Billy was also the Member for North Sydney and still holds the record as the longest-serving MP with 58 years of service, 51 years at Federal level.Hughes Park Opening.JPG
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre
Flack Avenue Reserve is a pocket park located near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road Hillsdale. The Reserve has play equipment and seating. The park is accessible to pedestrians from both Beauchamp Road and Flack Avenue.
Flack Avenue Reserve, Near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale 2036
Come & discover Williams Park Bondi North NSW 2026. Lookout, Aboriginal Carvings are located behind the golf course on the rocks at Williams Park, North Bondi, looking over the ocean. These Aboriginal Rock Engravings features sharks, fish, men and women
Williams Park, 22-24 Military Rd, North Bondi NSW 2026
This iconic North Shore landmark has hosted a multitude of events including horse shows, dog shows, circuses, markets, fireworks displays, car shows, trailwalks, cross-country events, sports training and competitions.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Showcasing the talent of Council’s stonemasons, this groovy sandstone castle boasts a timber drawbridge, Juliette balcony with views to the resident ‘dragon’, and an internal staircase leading to the secret exit (a spiral slide). Tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac this hidden gem is closely guarded by local princes and princesses.
Prior Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090