Bieler Park is located between Frenchmans Road and Gilderthorpe Avenue in Randwick. It features a kid’s playground, mature trees which provide shade, seating areas and a small grassed open space.
The Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden is located on 123 hectares of tranquil bushland on the edge of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. It features six walking tracks, picnic areas with BBQs, a playground and a function centre.
420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden – St Ives
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Artarmon Park,Cleland Rd, Artarmon
Artarmon Park – Artarmon
Spooner Park is located on the northern side of Jubilee Avenue and represents a green island space inbetween an existing triangle of Battye, Ferry and Jubilee Avenues in Beverley Park. It is a local park adjacent to the Beverley Park Golf Course, and part of the original wetland corridor flowing into Kogarah Bay.
Spooner Park Jubilee Ave Beverley Park NSW 2217 Australia
Spooner Park – Beverley Park
Fitting comfortably in the corner of Fred Hutley Reserve, this playground has stroller access from Palmer Street. It is surrounded by a low timber retaining wall which functions as both the playground edge and informal seating for parents and carers. Behind this wall, landscaped mounds create a physical barrier between children and the street and soften and screen the playground, creating a relaxed and intimate atmosphere with a range of equipment including a triple embankment slide, spinning poles, traditional roundabout, cable climb structure and swings.
Hamilton Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Fred Hutley Reserve Park – Cammeray
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf and synthetic wickets plus two practice nets for cricket, floodlit tennis courts, rugby fields and playground at Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
62a Tryon Road, East Lindfield
Lindfield Oval – East Lindfield
With a capacity of up to 100 people, West Lindfield Community Hall is great for group meetings and family functions indoor sport activities. It has a fully-equipped kitchen, air conditioning and fantastic outdoor playground for the kids. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Bradfield Road Australia
West Lindfield Community Hall – West Lindfield
This multi-purpose facility boasts a synthetic wicket, three tennis courts, soccer field, playground, BBQ facilities and dog off-leash park, backing onto tranquil bushland
Warrimoo Avenue St Ives Australia
Warrimoo Oval – St Ives
Grace Campbell Reserve is a local park located off Grace Campbell Crescent in Hillsdale. The reserve adjoins western section of Rhodes St Reserve and provides pedestrian access to both Rhodes St and Bunnerong Road. The park is an open space for the residents of Hillsdale with a playground, seating and a half basketball court.
19-21 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve – Hillsdale
This park is located on the corner of Botany Street and Rainbow Street, Randwick. It comprises a playground, dog exercise park, sports field as well as toilets and change rooms
187-203R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Paine Reserve – Randwick
Sydney Harbour National Park. Remnant bushland, birdwatching, spotlighting, views of the city and harbour, bushwalking track to Rawson Oval.
Adjoining Clifton Gardens Reserve, Morella Road, Mosman
Clifton Gardens – Mosman
Named after Erik Carlson, (1917-2001) resident of Middle Harbour Ward. His contribution to improving the living environment of Willoughby City will be long remembered; an example being this land acquired in 1989 to mitigate local flooding and to develop as public open space. A rocky channel runs through the park to help direct stormwater.
Carlson Park, Carlson Park 150 High St, North Willoughby
Carlson Park – North Willoughby
Named after Alderman Joseph Bales, Mayor of Willoughby in 1931-32, 1936, 1938-42 and 1945-47. On land formerly used as Chinese market gardens, the park was created by resumption and private purchase during 1930, and was known as Central Park. In 1952, more land was resumed to increase the park area.
Bales Park, Stanley Street, Chatswood
Bales Park – Chatswood
Hughes Park was constructed on the site of a former bowling club in 2015 and consists of a playground for all ages, barbeque facilities, picnic tables, a community garden and outdoor fitness equipment. Parking and toilet facilities are also available. The park is named after former local Billy Hughes who 100 years ago became the Prime Minister of Australia. Billy was also the Member for North Sydney and still holds the record as the longest-serving MP with 58 years of service, 51 years at Federal level.Hughes Park Opening.JPG
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre – Lane Cove
Multi-purpose sports facility with synthetic wicket and two practice nets for cricket, soccer fields, two tennis courts, playground and BBQ
End of Bromborough Road Roseville Australia
Loyal Henry Park – Roseville
This basic building is in original condition and has a rural feel. It is suitable for small bush dances, themed parties (country, halloween, etc.) or informal meetings. The Craft Hut is a great addition to the hire of the Events Area, providing ample weather protection for up to 50 people.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Craft Hut – St Ives
Located off Todman Avenue Kensington on Brompton Road within the private Raleigh Park Estate, this publicly-accessible park features large open grassed areas which are well used by local residents. The park is maintained by the Raleigh Park Community Association.
2-10R Brompton Road, Kensington NSW 2033
Raleigh Park – Kensington
Sutherland Park is named after the Hon. John Sutherland (1816-1889), Secretary for Public Works at the time of the building of the railway. Born in Scotland, he paid his passage to NSW in 1838 and worked as a builder, grazier, businessman and politician. He was Mayor of the Municipal Council of Sydney in 1861, and Member of NSW Parliament 1860-1889.
Sutherland Park, Sutherland Road, Chatswood
Sutherland Park – Chatswood
Located in the centre of Watsons Bay, Robertson Park provides a significant tourist destination for local residents and visitors from Australia and overseas.
Robertson Park, Marine Parade, Watsons Bay
Robertson Park – Watsons Bay
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
St Thomas Rest Park – Crows Nest
Muston Park is named after William Thomas Muston, the original owner of the land and Mayor of Willoughby 1890. His home ‘Penshurst’ stood in the middle of the land which was subdivided and sold in 1921. In 1926 the Council purchased the land from Joseph Knight Smith, owner of Willoughby Hotel, and created a public park. The ‘Penshurst’ entry gates were re-located to Willoughby Park.
Muston Park, Penshurst Street, Chatswood
Muston Park – Chatswood
The park has a playground and good views of the city and the local yachts. There is a restaurant and kiosk in nearby Rushcutters Bay Park. Popular vantage point for New Year’s Eve.
Yarranabbe Park, New Beach Road, Darling Point.
Yarranabbe Park – Darling Point
Dr Walters Park in Chifley is a medium sized park with mature trees providing shade and a tranquil place to visit. Within the park is a fully fenced children’s playground with climbing equipment, a slide, seating and shade structure.
27-33R Lasseter Avenue, Chifley
Dr Walters Park – Chifley
Origin of the name Naremburn is unknown, but is attributed to either the aboriginal words ‘narra burren’ for ‘forked creek’, or the Scottish ‘near a burn’.
Park Road/Station Street, Naremburn
Naremburn Park – Naremburn
Moore Reserve is an open space area in the Oatley District comprising approximately 14 hectares bordering on the suburbs of Oatley and Hurstville Grove in Southern Sydney. The reserve is a former municipal garbage tip that has been converted into reclaimed grass fields with recreational facilities and an artificial wetland area.
West Cr, Hurstville Grove
Moore Reserve – Hurstville Grove
Allan Small Park has received a big makeover! We upgraded park facilities through a staged implementation of works aimed at improving general use, access and sustainability in accordance with the Allan Small Park Landscape Masterplan.
Saiala Road East Killara Australia
Allan Small Oval – Killara
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, soccer field, seven tennis courts, one multi-purpose/netball court, BBQ, playground and dog off-leash area.
Chelmsford Avenue Roseville Australia
Roseville Park – Roseville
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
Chatswood Park – Chatswood
Named after Dr Elsie Okey (nee Wearn) (1904-1995), Artarmon’s first female dentist. Elsie was a pioneer for women in dentistry, opening her practice in Hampden Road in 1945 and later moving to Wilkes Avenue until her retirement in 1974. She was the first honorary dental surgeon at the Rachel Forster Hospital for Women and Children for 22 years, and also provided dental services to the Burnside Children’s Homes for 14 years.
Elsie Wearn Park,Robert Street, Artarmon
Elsie Wearn Park – Artarmon