Come & discover Braye Park Waratah NSW 2298.
Playground and large open grass area with sheltered picnic tables.
Facilities:Playground, Bubbler, Seating, Tables
Address: 68 Clarence Road, Waratah 2298
Oatley Memorial Gardens offers a pleasant outdoor area for residents and visitors near the centre of Oatley Village. Located between Oatley Parade and Oatley Avenue, south of Hurstville Road, the Gardens are a green gateway into the centre of Oatley Village.
Oatley Ave, Oatley
Sandy Bay lies immediately north of Clontarf with Sandy Bay Road providing access to the bay. The 120m wide bay is very sheltered and faces southeast toward The Spit just 500 m away. It has a low, narrow, curving 150 m long high tide beach (SH 17) fronted by intertidal sand flats up to 200 m wide, which fills most of the bay. The road runs around the rear of the beach, terminating at the northern end of the bay, with a small creek draining to the centre. Boats are moored off the sand flats.
Sandy Bay Road Clontarf NSW 2093
With a capacity of up to 100 people, West Lindfield Community Hall is great for group meetings and family functions indoor sport activities. It has a fully-equipped kitchen, air conditioning and fantastic outdoor playground for the kids. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Bradfield Road Australia
Tucked away between Terrigal and Avoca Beach, this is also the ideal location for a beach walk. Although patrolled, visitors are warned to keep an eye out for rips generally located in the northern end. There is a popular dog walking area between Avoca & North Avoca Beaches.
North Avoca Parade, NORTH AVOCA NSW 2260
Harbourview Park is a cool leafy oasis in the centre of the intense residential development of Woollahra. Its mature trees provide a green canopy over much of the park. It is a pleasant “shortcut” on a walk from Bondi Junction to Double Bay.
Harbourview Park - Woollahra
This multi-purpose facility boasts a synthetic wicket, three tennis courts, soccer field, playground, BBQ facilities and dog off-leash park, backing onto tranquil bushland
Warrimoo Avenue St Ives Australia
Sutherland Park is named after the Hon. John Sutherland (1816-1889), Secretary for Public Works at the time of the building of the railway. Born in Scotland, he paid his passage to NSW in 1838 and worked as a builder, grazier, businessman and politician. He was Mayor of the Municipal Council of Sydney in 1861, and Member of NSW Parliament 1860-1889.
Sutherland Park, Sutherland Road, Chatswood
Stuart Street Reserve, Blakehurst is classified as district green space, which was part of original 120 acres granted to William Fitzpatrick. The land was purchased by Father John Joseph Therry in 1837. In 1877 most of this land was subdivided and auctioned as the Georgeton (sometimes Georgetown) Estate.
Stuart Street , Blakehurst
Located on Jenner Street, part of the Prince Henry precinct in Little Bay, this reserve is also known locally as Macartney Oval. It is a large park, ideal for sport and recreation alike, and also has seating and a playground for toddlers.
5R Jenner Street, Little Bay NSW 2036
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside. This second meeting room is located furthest away from the main library building with a lounge area and kitchenette in front.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Sawmillers Reserve is one of North Sydney’s true hidden gems. Follow the winding steps down to the water’s edge for a beautiful view of the harbour and an old shipwreck lies just offshore in Berry’s Bay.
Munro Street McMahons Point New South Wales 2060
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
Since opening in 1995, Mary MacKillop Place Museum has been engaging visitors with an interactive display that recreates the story of Australia’s first Saint, Mary MacKillop and the co-founder of the order of the Sisters of St Joseph, Fr Julian Tenison Woods.
7-11 Mount Street North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia
Moore Reserve is an open space area in the Oatley District comprising approximately 14 hectares bordering on the suburbs of Oatley and Hurstville Grove in Southern Sydney. The reserve is a former municipal garbage tip that has been converted into reclaimed grass fields with recreational facilities and an artificial wetland area.
West Cr, Hurstville Grove
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Sexton’s Cottage, once used for laying out bodies prior to burial, was restored and turned into a museum in 1984. in 2017 it underwent undergone a major renovation. It houses resources for researching the history of the cemetery and those buried there. Exciting new attractions include a striking reproduction mourning dress and mourning jewellery.
250 West St, Crows Nest
HMAT Barambah (formerly the SS Hobart) was a steamship built in 1912 for the Deutsche-Australische line, which operated services between Germany and Australia. The ship was seized by Australia in Melbourne at the commencement of WW1, renamed Barambah and used as a troop transport belonging to the Australian Commonwealth Government Line of Steamers. The ship’s final voyage from Australia to England was in 1925 having been sold and renamed SS Justin. Barambah was the name given to an Aboriginal mission town in Queensland (now Cherbourg), and means “source of the western wind”. There are two park benches, a picnic table. a level grassed area and an attractive 3m high rock face in this reserve. There are four parks and a garden in Barcoo Street:
18 and 34 Barambah St, Roseville
Dunningham Reserve is located on the northern headland of Coogee Beach. Spectacular ocean and coastline views make this reserve a popular location for photographers and filmmakers in addition to the large number of recreational users.
2R Baden Street, Coogee NSW 2034
Fitting comfortably in the corner of Fred Hutley Reserve, this playground has stroller access from Palmer Street. It is surrounded by a low timber retaining wall which functions as both the playground edge and informal seating for parents and carers. Behind this wall, landscaped mounds create a physical barrier between children and the street and soften and screen the playground, creating a relaxed and intimate atmosphere with a range of equipment including a triple embankment slide, spinning poles, traditional roundabout, cable climb structure and swings.
Hamilton Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Named after Charles Wickham (1869-1936), local resident and skilled gardener. Charles was the ‘guiding genius’ of the gardens on the Village Green at Artarmon Railway Station. The gardens were first established by the Artarmon Progress Association in 1928. As a volunteer he made the gardens into his retirement hobby, eventually being employed by Council. During 1983-1990 three blocks of land in White Street were acquired by Council for open space in response to Artarmon becoming a more populated suburb. Landscape improvements were completed in 2007.
Wickham Park, White Street, Artarmon
Enjoy a relaxed Sunday morning game with friends or get private lessons from the pros at Gordon Golf Course. Italian restaurant, clubhouse and venue hire also available. Gordon Golf Course, including all services and facilities, remains open. For information and bookings visit the Gordon Golf Course website.
6 Lynn Ridge Avenue Gordon Australia
Flack Avenue Reserve is a pocket park located near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road Hillsdale. The Reserve has play equipment and seating. The park is accessible to pedestrians from both Beauchamp Road and Flack Avenue.
Flack Avenue Reserve, Near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve is a local park located off Grace Campbell Crescent in Hillsdale. The reserve adjoins western section of Rhodes St Reserve and provides pedestrian access to both Rhodes St and Bunnerong Road. The park is an open space for the residents of Hillsdale with a playground, seating and a half basketball court.
19-21 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
This is a beautifully shaded park with well separated play areas for seniors and juniors. The custom-designed senior equipment is challenging and suited to teenagers. The junior play area has a variety of equipment with some suited to toddlers and some for users up to 10 years.
Warwick Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Ingram Street Reserve is located on the corner of Ingram Street and Dowling Lane in Kensington. It offers a peaceful park space with children’s play equipment, some scattered natural shade and park seating. The playground boasts a climbing frame and platforms, monkey bars, a swing set and softfall flooring. There is also a junior bike track and footpath through the reserve for safe access.
2R Ingram Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Predominantly a facility for younger users, this playground capitalises on the existing trees as integral parts of the play space; creating child-scale play gardens. The playground is subtly divided into separate play spaces connected by colourful stepping stone pathways, low level bridges, quiet sitting areas dotted with giant rubber toadstools, and a range of ground level activities. Out in the main play area a central deck structure offers slides and a cubby area while a four-person spring-mounted pony rocker and a giant spinning teacup offer fun activities for small groups. Small sculptures scattered around the gardens offer wonderful ‘discoveries’ for the youngsters.
oung Street Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Part of the Randwick Community Centre site, this Reserve has bike racks and picnic facilities – perfect for a fun day out with the family. While you’re out and about, check out the nearby Environment Park.
21-29 Munda Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Located off Todman Avenue Kensington on Brompton Road within the private Raleigh Park Estate, this publicly-accessible park features large open grassed areas which are well used by local residents. The park is maintained by the Raleigh Park Community Association.
2-10R Brompton Road, Kensington NSW 2033
This gorgeous park is situated in bushland on the shores of Middle Harbour and is an ideal venue for functions of all sizes, from family BBQs to weddings. Echo Point Park is Ku-ring-gai’s only park with water frontage and boasts a beach, mangroves, Aboriginal heritage sites, walking tracks, terraced gardens, playground and remains of the old Roseville Baths and Roseville Bridge.
Babbage Road Roseville Chase Australia
John Shore Park is located near Maroubra Beach on Mons Avenue and across the road from Broadarrow Reserve. The park is fairly flat and a good spot for ball games or group activities, but there are no facilities in this park.
172-174R Mons Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
Named after Dr Elsie Okey (nee Wearn) (1904-1995), Artarmon’s first female dentist. Elsie was a pioneer for women in dentistry, opening her practice in Hampden Road in 1945 and later moving to Wilkes Avenue until her retirement in 1974. She was the first honorary dental surgeon at the Rachel Forster Hospital for Women and Children for 22 years, and also provided dental services to the Burnside Children’s Homes for 14 years.
Elsie Wearn Park,Robert Street, Artarmon
Named after Alderman William Cleland junior, Mayor of Willoughby (1906-07) and first president of the School of Arts. He lived in Abbott Road where the Artarmon Public School now stands. The land was intended to be the site of the Council Chambers, as it was elevated and central to the newly created Municipality of North Willoughby in 1865, however when Chatswood Town Hall was opened in 1903 the land became redundant. At the urging of Cleland, it was declared a public park in 1908. Tennis courts have been operating in the park since 1920. You can see the list, what they can be used for, and which clubs use them. More information about local tennis courts is available in pdf format Tennis in the city of Willoughby. A carpark for approximately twenty cars and a Guides Hall (Artarmon District Guides) are also located in the park.
Cleland Park, Barton Roads, Artarmon