barbeques, enclosed playground, picnic area
Forestville NSW 2087
This park located on the corner of Middle Street and Jane Street, Randwick, features grassed and paved areas, along with barbecue facilities, picnic tables and seating. The park is named after the first Mayor of Randwick City, Simeon Pearce.
121-123R Middle Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, athletics track, four tennis courts, soccer/rugby field, exercise equipment, playground and clubhouse
Eastern Road Turramurra Australia
Stuart Street Reserve, Blakehurst is classified as district green space, which was part of original 120 acres granted to William Fitzpatrick. The land was purchased by Father John Joseph Therry in 1837. In 1877 most of this land was subdivided and auctioned as the Georgeton (sometimes Georgetown) Estate.
Stuart Street , Blakehurst
Origin of the name Naremburn is unknown, but is attributed to either the aboriginal words ‘narra burren’ for ‘forked creek’, or the Scottish ‘near a burn’.
Park Road/Station Street, Naremburn
Part of the Randwick Community Centre site, this Reserve has bike racks and picnic facilities – perfect for a fun day out with the family. While you’re out and about, check out the nearby Environment Park.
21-29 Munda Street, Randwick NSW 2031
The Village Green refers to the narrow park alongside Artarmon Station. It was originally part of the land put aside for the building of the North Shore Railway, and is now leased by Council from Railcorp. It was dedicated by Council on 21 September 1968, and a plaque with the following inscription was set into a large rock in the park to mark the event:
Artarmon Village GreenArtarmon Village Green,Artarmon Station, Hampden Road, Artarmon
One of Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation facilities, Bicentennial Park is home to Ku-ring-gai Fitness and Aquatic Centre and West Pymble Bowling and Sports Club, and plays host to many community events including Carols in the Park and Australia Day.
Corner Lofberg Road and Yanko Road West Pymble Australia
Named after Gregory Bartels, AM (1926-2015), who served on Willoughby City Council from 1983-1993, as Alderman, Deputy Mayor (1985-87, 1989 -91) and as Mayor (1991-93). He devoted much of his life to public service, including Patron, Chairman, Member and Director of many community groups. The land was acquired by Council in 1948. It was previously known as Edgar Street Reserve.
Edgar Street Chatswood
The South Maroubra Village Green is located adjacent to the South Maroubra Shopping Village on Meagher Avenue off Malabar Road. It’s a grassed area which includes a children’s playground. The park is also the location of many regular events such as the South Maroubra Village Green Art Show and the South Maroubra Community Christmas Carols.
5-19R Meagher Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside and a separate kitchen. DVD, CD, AV and PA equipment, including screen, available on request.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Blackburn Gardens is a beautifully restored heritage garden and retains spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. The garden adjoins Murray Rose Pool (formerly Redleaf Pool) and Seven Shillings Beach. The garden features manicured lawn with a secret garden, sundial and water feature.
Blackburn Gardens ,New South Head Road, Double Bay
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside. This second meeting room is located furthest away from the main library building with a lounge area and kitchenette in front.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Named after Dr Elsie Okey (nee Wearn) (1904-1995), Artarmon’s first female dentist. Elsie was a pioneer for women in dentistry, opening her practice in Hampden Road in 1945 and later moving to Wilkes Avenue until her retirement in 1974. She was the first honorary dental surgeon at the Rachel Forster Hospital for Women and Children for 22 years, and also provided dental services to the Burnside Children’s Homes for 14 years.
Elsie Wearn Park,Robert Street, Artarmon
Hereward Reserve is located in Maroubra and offers an abundance of natural shade as well as a large children’s playground. The playground includes a large climbing frame, swings, a jungle gym and soft- fall flooring. There is also plenty of park seating under the natural shade to sit back and relax whilst watching your kids.
9R Hereward Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
This multi-purpose facility boasts a synthetic wicket, three tennis courts, soccer field, playground, BBQ facilities and dog off-leash park, backing onto tranquil bushland
Warrimoo Avenue St Ives Australia
Watt Park Playground is a traditional heritage style playground reminiscent of North Sydney’s original playgrounds. It caters for a wide age range of children in an environment that is pleasant and relaxing for carers. It is a very cool and shady playground ideal for summer use and incorporates a roundabout, seesaw, swings, spring-mounted boat and embankment slides.
Lavender Crescent McMahons Point New South Wales 2060
Walter Williamson Park (previously Central Park), located on Cooper Street, Maroubra, is a large open space park offering grass and mature trees with natural shade. There is bench style seating located to watch the kids enjoy the playground and bike track, and plenty of room to kick around a ball or swing a bat.
28R Cooper Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Rose Bay Park is a small park located below the Rose Bay Police Station and bounded between Point Piper Marina and Rose Bay Marina. The park provides a sandy beach and a shaded picnic area. This park is often used for small wedding ceremonies as there are many nearby reception venues. Rose Bay was named after The Right Honourable George Rose (he was not knighted) who was joint Secretary to the British Treasury with Thomas Steele, after whom Steel(e) Point at Nielsen Park was named. The name Rose Bay was used as early as 1778 by Captain John Hunter.
Rose Bay Park, Corner New South Head Road and Wunulla Road, Rose Bay
Allan Small Park has received a big makeover! We upgraded park facilities through a staged implementation of works aimed at improving general use, access and sustainability in accordance with the Allan Small Park Landscape Masterplan.
Saiala Road East Killara Australia
East Lindfield Community Hall is a beautiful, modern venue for group meetings, parties and indoor activities (e.g. dance classes and martial arts programs). It can accommodate up to 150 people and has a stage with PA and sound system; kitchen with fridge and oven; and an enclosed grass area.
9 Wellington Road East Lindfield Australia
This gorgeous park is situated in bushland on the shores of Middle Harbour and is an ideal venue for functions of all sizes, from family BBQs to weddings. Echo Point Park is Ku-ring-gai’s only park with water frontage and boasts a beach, mangroves, Aboriginal heritage sites, walking tracks, terraced gardens, playground and remains of the old Roseville Baths and Roseville Bridge.
Babbage Road Roseville Chase Australia
Named after William Gore (1765–1845), Irish free settler and NSW Provost – Marshal. He was granted 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The park is a Crown Land reserve.
Gore Hill Park, Corner Reserve Road and Pacific Highway, St Leonards
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf and synthetic wickets plus two practice nets for cricket, floodlit tennis courts, rugby fields and playground at Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
62a Tryon Road, East Lindfield
Named after the nautical term for the upper deck of a ship. The developer of the area, Lend Lease through Civil and Civic Pty Ltd., elected to name the streets to reflect the partiality for nautical terms of its Dutch born director, Gerardus J.
The Quarterdeck, Middle Cove
This iconic North Shore landmark has hosted a multitude of events including horse shows, dog shows, circuses, markets, fireworks displays, car shows, trailwalks, cross-country events, sports training and competitions.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Harbourview Park is a cool leafy oasis in the centre of the intense residential development of Woollahra. Its mature trees provide a green canopy over much of the park. It is a pleasant “shortcut” on a walk from Bondi Junction to Double Bay.
Harbourview Park - Woollahra
Sydney Harbour National Park. Remnant bushland, birdwatching, spotlighting, views of the city and harbour, bushwalking track to Rawson Oval.
Adjoining Clifton Gardens Reserve, Morella Road, Mosman
The park is perched on top of the ocean cliffs, providing sweeping views to the ocean and Sydney Harbour. The venue has three football fields used for rugby union, soccer and touch football and one hockey field, (No. 4). One of the ovals, (No. 1), has lights for night training. The park also has three cricket wickets for summer use.
Christison Park, Old South Head Road, Vaucluse.
Prior to European settlement and well into the 19th century the Quibaree Clan, part of the larger Kuringgai Tribe, frequented Lavender Bay. In 1805 Robert Campbell purchased a large section of land on the waterfront of the North Shore, and James Milson settled on this land in 1806. During the 1850s, subdivision and sale led to increased settlement in the Lavender Bay and Milsons Point area.
Lavender Crescent Lavender Bay New South Wales 2060 Australia
Located on Broome Street Maroubra, this reserve includes seating and a playground that was built in 2014. The new playground was partly funded, with a generous donation by the late Dr Lynn Joseph.
114R Broome Street, Maroubra NSW 2035