Named after Donald Alexander Campbell, Alderman of Willoughby from 1937-40, and resident of Beaconsfield Road, Chatswood. He died after being a prisoner of war in Sandakan Camp, Borneo in 1945. The land was acquired by Council in 1940 and was previously known as Sharland Park.
This is an open forest parkland of remnant Blue Gum High Forest vegetation containing a playground, BBQ and seating. The park helps to manage drainage in the headwater of Swaines Creek.