Cann Park is located at La Perouse and is best known for its fenced snake enclosure where snake and reptile shows have been performed since the early 1900s. A variety of different people have performed snake shows on site, but the most well-known ‘snake man’ is John Cann. He took over from this father George Cann who began performing a weekly snake show around 1919 – a tradition which continued until April 2010, when John Cann retired.
Randwick City Council renamed the park in honour of John Cann.
Snake shows are still performed on weekends by the Hawkesbury Herpetological Society.
Cann Park has beautiful views over Botany Bay, Congwong Beach and Port Botany.
A public toilet is located in the park. There is nearby parking around The Loop Road