Named after the first superintendent of the William Thompson Masonic School, Cropley House is a stately two storey Inter-war Georgian Revival mansion situated off Watkins Road, Baulkham Hills. By 1925 the school was in need of expansion and arrangements were made for the senior boys to be housed in a hostel away from the main buildings of the school. It was a building that could accommodate up to 100 boys and was located on land purchased in 1923. The building’s construction was completed in 1927 for the price of 13,152 pounds.
The original building had a dining hall downstairs along with a large assembly hall. On this level were also the staff rooms, pantries, a ‘boot’ room, visitors wash rooms and the private quarters for the Deputy Superintendent and Matron. Upstairs were four dormitories, each accommodating 24 boys, bathrooms and lockers.
Cropley House is now available as a reception centre, with the cottage style garden setting and downstairs rooms catering for weddings and formal community get-togethers.
Address: 84 Watkins Road, Baulkham Hills 2145
Phone number: 02 8218 8855