Great facilities for archery, soccer and cricket, including synthetic wicket and playground
Synthetic wicket, soccer fields and playground with junior cycle track and flying fox, all in a beautiful, secluded bushland setting. Also a popular destination for rock climbers and abseilers.
Warandoo Street Gordon Australia
East Gordon Park – Gordon
The Village Green refers to the narrow park alongside Artarmon Station. It was originally part of the land put aside for the building of the North Shore Railway, and is now leased by Council from Railcorp. It was dedicated by Council on 21 September 1968, and a plaque with the following inscription was set into a large rock in the park to mark the event:
Artarmon Village GreenArtarmon Village Green,Artarmon Station, Hampden Road, Artarmon
Artarmon Village Green (Artarmon Station) – Artarmon
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
St Thomas Rest Park – Crows Nest
Blackman Park is located in Lloyd Rees Drive (off Wood Street) Lane Cove West. This is a large Park located beside the Lane Cove River consisting of sporting grounds, picnic areas, large flat open space and river foreshore bushwalks. There is ample parking for up to 80 cars. In the Picnic area at the far end of the park there are wood BBQs and picnic tables and a small picnic shelter.
Blackman park Lloyd Rees Dr, Lane Cove West NSW 2066, Australia
Blackman Park – Lane Cove West
Bob A Day Park is a small and tranquil park in the Prince Henry Precinct. The park includes open green space, natural shading, landscaped gardens with park seating and a monument to the ‘bob-a-day’ men that worked on hospital grounds during the Great War.
28R Ewing Avenue, Little Bay NSW 2036
Bob A Day Park – Little Bay
Situated in the hub of St Ives, this large hall can accommodate up to 300 people and comes equipped with a stage, full kitchen and disabled access. Great for family functions such as birthdays and reunions, also indoor sports activities. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Memorial Avenue St Ives Australia
St Ives Community Hall – St Ives
A popular venue for family functions and parties, also indoor sports activities. West Pymble Community Hall can accommodate up to 100 people. It has a stage, kitchen and disabled access. Available to book Sunday to Thursday, 7am – 11pm, and Friday and Saturday, 7am – 1am.
Lofberg Road West Pymble Australia
West Pymble Community Hall – West Pymble
Gorgeous manicured gardens with fenced playground and rotunda. A great venue for functions such as birthdays, weddings and family picnics. Wahroonga Park also plays host to the popular Twilight Concerts every year.
Coonanbarra Road Wahroonga Australia
Wahroonga Park – Wahroonga
Fred Hollows Reserve is a unique vegetated gully in the heart of Randwick City. It is a natural area in Glebe Gully in the Eastern Suburbs. It is a two hectare park that follows a gully from Alison Road to Clovelly Road. The reserve has a footbridge/boardwalk built across the creek which is a pleasant 30 minute walk up the gorge from Alison Road to Bligh Place. There are picnic facilities throughout the reserve and the viewing platforms allow you to take in much of the natural flora and fauna that lives within the tranquil space.
63R St Marks, Randwick NSW 2031
Fred Hollows Reserve – Randwick
Named after William Gore (1765–1845), Irish free settler and NSW Provost – Marshal. He was granted 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The park is a Crown Land reserve.
Gore Hill Park, Corner Reserve Road and Pacific Highway, St Leonards
Gore Hill Park – St Leonards
Named after Alderman William Cleland junior, Mayor of Willoughby (1906-07) and first president of the School of Arts. He lived in Abbott Road where the Artarmon Public School now stands. The land was intended to be the site of the Council Chambers, as it was elevated and central to the newly created Municipality of North Willoughby in 1865, however when Chatswood Town Hall was opened in 1903 the land became redundant. At the urging of Cleland, it was declared a public park in 1908. Tennis courts have been operating in the park since 1920. You can see the list, what they can be used for, and which clubs use them. More information about local tennis courts is available in pdf format Tennis in the city of Willoughby. A carpark for approximately twenty cars and a Guides Hall (Artarmon District Guides) are also located in the park.
Cleland Park, Barton Roads, Artarmon
Cleland Park – Artarmon
This park is located on the corner of Botany Street and Rainbow Street, Randwick. It comprises a playground, dog exercise park, sports field as well as toilets and change rooms
187-203R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Paine Reserve – Randwick
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf and synthetic wickets plus two practice nets for cricket, floodlit tennis courts, rugby fields and playground at Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
62a Tryon Road, East Lindfield
Lindfield Oval – East Lindfield
Flint Street Reserve is a pocket park located on Flint Street near Southpoint Shopping Centre Hillsdale. Flint Street Reserve has play equipment with a shade structure and a safety fence. The reserve is popular with young families in the Hillsdale area. Flint Street Reserve is accessible from Flint Street.
10 Flint Street, Hillsdale 2036
Flint Street Reserve – Hillsdale
Predominantly a facility for younger users, this playground capitalises on the existing trees as integral parts of the play space; creating child-scale play gardens. The playground is subtly divided into separate play spaces connected by colourful stepping stone pathways, low level bridges, quiet sitting areas dotted with giant rubber toadstools, and a range of ground level activities. Out in the main play area a central deck structure offers slides and a cubby area while a four-person spring-mounted pony rocker and a giant spinning teacup offer fun activities for small groups. Small sculptures scattered around the gardens offer wonderful ‘discoveries’ for the youngsters.
oung Street Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Grasmere Children’s Park – Cremorne
This multi-purpose facility boasts a synthetic wicket, three tennis courts, soccer field, playground, BBQ facilities and dog off-leash park, backing onto tranquil bushland
Warrimoo Avenue St Ives Australia
Warrimoo Oval – St Ives
Located on Broome Street Maroubra, this reserve includes seating and a playground that was built in 2014. The new playground was partly funded, with a generous donation by the late Dr Lynn Joseph.
114R Broome Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Ocean View Reserve – Maroubra
Hogben Park is located at the corner of Harrow Road and Railway Parade in Kogarah and is 2.6 hectares in size. The park is registered as a site of local heritage significance as it represents a section of the Ocean View Estate subdivision which was established in 1883 and extended across the railway line. The establishment of the railway severed this area from the rest of the Estate.
Hogben Park 2 Railway Parade Kogarah NSW 2217 Australia
Hogben Park – Kogarah
Named after Ardthelmon Castle (pronounced Art-e-mon), the Irish home of William Gore (1765-1845) who was Provost-Marshal under Governor Bligh in the Rum Rebellion of 1808. Gore was granted 150 acres in 1810 from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Station. In 1869 at the request of Council, the NSW Government set aside 140 acres of the land as a public reserve; now only 17 acres (9.5 hectares) remain. The remnant bushland in this reserve contains distinctive flora where Wianamatta Shale soils meet Hawkesbury Sandstone soils. In 1913 the reserve was dedicated as a park under the care, control and management of Willoughby Council.
Artarmon Reserve,Burra Road, Artarmon
Artarmon Reserve – Artarmon
Gap Park is located on a coastal escarpment on Sydney Harbour’s South Head. It has spectacular views of both the harbour and the sea. There are a series of basic paths amidst windswept native coastal vegetation that traverse the cliff tops. The area is one of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations. It attracts international and national tour groups, independent visitors, and local residents who use the park for walking, harbour and ocean viewing, bird watching, whale watching and spectating major harbour events. Additionally the park supports a rich history containing early fortifications, shipwreck relicts, and disused gun placements from past wars.
Gap Park, Gap Road, Watsons Bay
Gap Park – Watsons Bay
This unique playground uses the existing landform as an integral part of the play environment. ‘Tiny tot’ equipment on the upper level is connected to junior equipment on the lower level via a landscaped embankment slide and rubber steps. The play area is flanked by beds of brightly flowering plants, a feature picked up in the details and colours of the custom designed equipment. This bright and sunny playground with spectacular views over middle harbour is a great winter play destination for young children.
Fifth Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
WH Brothers Memorial Park – Cremorne
Your destination for netball and tennis, with 25 netball courts, five dual-marked tennis courts and BBQ right at the edge of beautiful Lane Cove National Park
End of Canoon Road South Turramurra Australia
Canoon Road Recreation Area – South Turramurra