Named after Eliza (‘Biddy’) Smith, local activist and charity worker and a resident of Coolawin Road Northbridge from c.1940. The land was acquired by subdivision in 1922 to maintain access to the harbour. The park provides views across Middle Harbour to the Spit and contains remnant foreshore bushland of Eucalyptus, Angophora and Banksia. There is a park bench to sit on while enjoying the view.
Fred Hollows Reserve is a unique vegetated gully in the heart of Randwick City. It is a natural area in Glebe Gully in the Eastern Suburbs. It is a two hectare park that follows a gully from Alison Road to Clovelly Road. The reserve has a footbridge/boardwalk built across the creek which is a pleasant 30 minute walk up the gorge from Alison Road to Bligh Place. There are picnic facilities throughout the reserve and the viewing platforms allow you to take in much of the natural flora and fauna that lives within the tranquil space.
63R St Marks, Randwick NSW 2031
Fred Hollows Reserve – Randwick
Named after Wallace Park who, along with other soldiers, died at the battle of Lone Pine, Gallipoli on 8 August, 1915. The land was dedicated for a park in the Wallace Park Estate subdivision of 1918, by Alderman James Park in memory of his brother, Wallace.
Location Beresford Avenue and Lone Pine Avenue, Chatswood
Wallace Park Reserve – Chatswood
Woomera Reserve is a large open grassed area located on Bunnerong Road in Little Bay. There’s a cricket pitch in the middle of the reserve, a playground in the south east corner and a kids bicycle track. The park is a designated dog off-leash exercise park
1103-1281 Bunnerong Road, Little Bay NSW 2036
Woomera Reserve – Little Bay
Burrows Park is located to the south of Waverley Cemetery. You can reach it via Ocean Street or by the walkway from Clovelly Beach or Bundock Park. The park is bounded to the east by an area of remnant vegetation and to the south by the cliff top at the edge of Clovelly Bay. There are spectacular views along the coastline in all directions from this high vantage point. The park marks the beginning of the Eastern Beaches Coastal Walk within the Randwick City Council area. Further north, the walkway continues towards Bondi Beach. The wide pathways are in regular use by walkers and joggers. The park features a free outdoor gym which was opened in August 2014. Clovelly Bowling Club is located within the park. The park also includes a sportsfield.
1-11 Ocean Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Burrows Park – Clovelly
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
Chatswood Park – Chatswood
Bieler Park is located between Frenchmans Road and Gilderthorpe Avenue in Randwick. It features a kid’s playground, mature trees which provide shade, seating areas and a small grassed open space.
56R Gilderthorpe Avenue, Randwick NSW 2031
Bieler Park – Randwick
A lovely shaded park in the heart of Kensington located on the corner of Duke Street and Balfour Road. The park includes a fenced playground, interactive play equipment, a small bicycle track and a large open grassed area set below Balfour Street.
43R Duke Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Wills Reserve – Kensington
Walter Williamson Park (previously Central Park), located on Cooper Street, Maroubra, is a large open space park offering grass and mature trees with natural shade. There is bench style seating located to watch the kids enjoy the playground and bike track, and plenty of room to kick around a ball or swing a bat.
28R Cooper Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Walter Williamson Park – Maroubra
Chiswick Gardens provides a beautifully maintained setting for any special occasion. The manicured lawn and period planting provides a beautiful landscape.
Chiswick Gardens, Corner of Wellington and Ocean Street, Woollahra
Chiswick Gardens – Woollahra
The park is perched on top of the ocean cliffs, providing sweeping views to the ocean and Sydney Harbour. The venue has three football fields used for rugby union, soccer and touch football and one hockey field, (No. 4). One of the ovals, (No. 1), has lights for night training. The park also has three cricket wickets for summer use.
Christison Park, Old South Head Road, Vaucluse.
Christison Park – Vaucluse
Named after the aboriginal word for “beauty”. The park was acquired in 1942 from the Estate of Joseph Charles Tricker, builder, who lived in the adjoining house ‘Goulburn Grange’, which was built in 1907. The park contains remnant native ridge-top trees of Blackbutt and Turpentine which provide plenty of shade. There are three covered picnic tables, a double plated BBQ and a playground in the park.
Lowanna Park, Greville Street and Fullers Road, Chatswood
Lowanna Park – Chatswood
Sutherland Park is named after the Hon. John Sutherland (1816-1889), Secretary for Public Works at the time of the building of the railway. Born in Scotland, he paid his passage to NSW in 1838 and worked as a builder, grazier, businessman and politician. He was Mayor of the Municipal Council of Sydney in 1861, and Member of NSW Parliament 1860-1889.
Sutherland Park, Sutherland Road, Chatswood
Sutherland Park – Chatswood
Bundock Park is located directly adjacent to Clovelly Beach. On the southern side of the beach you will find an amenities building, beach inspectors’ office, the Sea Salt Cafe, picnic shelters, BBQs and external showers. A children’s playground is located in a small grassed area behind the beach. There are also several small, grassed picnic areas, many of which are enclosed by mature native planting. On the northern side of the bay there are formal pathways, picnic shelters, BBQs, and extensive plantings of native trees and shrubs. The Coastal Walkway runs through the park and it is popular with walkers and joggers.
3-25R Eastbourne Avenue, Clovelly NSW 2031
Bundock Park – Clovelly
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Artarmon Park,Cleland Rd, Artarmon
Artarmon Park – Artarmon
Coast Hospital Memorial Park (also known as Pine Avenue Reserve) in Little Bay, is a large open park space with masses of grass, mature Pine trees and views out to beautiful Little Bay and beyond.
21R Pine Avenue, Little Bay NSW 2036
Coast Hospital Memorial Park – Little Bay
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Carss Bush Park – Carss Park
Named after H.J. Greville an auditor of the Borough of Willoughby in the 1880s. The land was previously the site of a dairy started by Gladys Homer in the early 1930s. In the 1950s the land was subdivided and sold to Cumberland County Council. The land formed a boundary with the Army Rifle Range until its relocation in 1955. In 1960 the land was sold to Willoughby Municipal Council and named Greville Street Reserve. Willoughby City Council acknowledges the Cameraigal people as the traditional inhabitants of the area.
Greville Park,Greville Street ,Chatswood
Greville Park – Chatswood
Gorgeous manicured gardens with fenced playground and rotunda. A great venue for functions such as birthdays, weddings and family picnics. Wahroonga Park also plays host to the popular Twilight Concerts every year.
Coonanbarra Road Wahroonga Australia
Wahroonga Park – Wahroonga
Prior to European settlement and well into the 19th century the Quibaree Clan, part of the larger Kuringgai Tribe, frequented Lavender Bay. In 1805 Robert Campbell purchased a large section of land on the waterfront of the North Shore, and James Milson settled on this land in 1806. During the 1850s, subdivision and sale led to increased settlement in the Lavender Bay and Milsons Point area.
Lavender Crescent Lavender Bay New South Wales 2060 Australia
Lavender Bay Parklands – Lavender Bay
This playground is tucked away in a quite location surrounded by residential properties. It is at the end of a narrow laneway and has a gentle slope to the north. There are numerous mature trees as well as large open lawn areas.
Benelong Lane Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Grasmere Reserve – Cremorne
This “T” shaped park with access from both Edgecliff Road and Fletcher Street has a nautical themed playground. There is climbing equipment, slides, swings and various activities to keep children amused.
Plumb Reserve,Fletcher Street and Edgecliff Road, Woollahra.
Plumb Reserve – Woollahra
This multi-purpose facility boasts a synthetic wicket, three tennis courts, soccer field, playground, BBQ facilities and dog off-leash park, backing onto tranquil bushland
Warrimoo Avenue St Ives Australia
Warrimoo Oval – St Ives
Great facility for cricket with both turf and synthetic wickets and three practice nets, along with rugby and soccer playing fields plus exercise equipment
26a Koola Avenue East Killara Australia
Koola Park – East Killara
This basic building is in original condition and has a rural feel. It is suitable for small bush dances, themed parties (country, halloween, etc.) or informal meetings. The Craft Hut is a great addition to the hire of the Events Area, providing ample weather protection for up to 50 people.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Craft Hut – St Ives
Multi-purpose sports facility with synthetic wicket and two practice nets for cricket, soccer fields, two tennis courts, playground and BBQ
End of Bromborough Road Roseville Australia
Loyal Henry Park – Roseville
Named after Ardthelmon Castle (pronounced Art-e-mon), the Irish home of William Gore (1765-1845) who was Provost-Marshal under Governor Bligh in the Rum Rebellion of 1808. Gore was granted 150 acres in 1810 from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Station. In 1869 at the request of Council, the NSW Government set aside 140 acres of the land as a public reserve; now only 17 acres (9.5 hectares) remain. The remnant bushland in this reserve contains distinctive flora where Wianamatta Shale soils meet Hawkesbury Sandstone soils. In 1913 the reserve was dedicated as a park under the care, control and management of Willoughby Council.
Artarmon Reserve,Burra Road, Artarmon
Artarmon Reserve – Artarmon
Your destination for netball and tennis, with 25 netball courts, five dual-marked tennis courts and BBQ right at the edge of beautiful Lane Cove National Park
End of Canoon Road South Turramurra Australia
Canoon Road Recreation Area – South Turramurra
A popular venue for family functions and parties, also indoor sports activities. West Pymble Community Hall can accommodate up to 100 people. It has a stage, kitchen and disabled access. Available to book Sunday to Thursday, 7am – 11pm, and Friday and Saturday, 7am – 1am.
Lofberg Road West Pymble Australia
West Pymble Community Hall – West Pymble
Located on Jenner Street, part of the Prince Henry precinct in Little Bay, this reserve is also known locally as Macartney Oval. It is a large park, ideal for sport and recreation alike, and also has seating and a playground for toddlers.
5R Jenner Street, Little Bay NSW 2036
Macartney Reserve – Little Bay
Wassell Street Reserve is located in Matraville. It has a fenced children’s playground fronting Wassell Street. The reserve is located between residential properties and adjoins local market gardens.
20R Wassell Street, Matraville
Wassell Street Reserve – Matraville
Euroka, Street Playground caters primarily to older children and incorporates many fitness and strength activities such as monkey bars, rope climbers and vertical wall climbers with more traditional activities such as slides, spinners and a spring-mounted skateboard. Fitness equipment including a stepper and stand-up swing invites adults to use the space as well. A low masonry wall provides a hang-out space adjacent to a rubber surfaced hand-ball court. The playground is set into a lush shaded location and provides a relaxed meeting space for both adults and local children.
Euroka Street Waverton New South Wales 2060
Euroka Street Park – Waverton
Bicentennial Reserve is named after the Bicentenary of Australia 1788-1988. The land was claimed in 1933 as a ‘garbage destructor and sewerage dump’ for the community’s waste. In 1934 the reverberatory incinerator designed by Walter Burley Griffin opened and material from the waste operation was used to fill the Flat Rock Creek valley and create level areas for playing fields. After 1983 more fill was added to create a regional park.
Bicentennial Reserve,Small Street, Willoughby
Bicentennial Reserve – Willoughby
Named after the nautical term for the upper deck of a ship. The developer of the area, Lend Lease through Civil and Civic Pty Ltd., elected to name the streets to reflect the partiality for nautical terms of its Dutch born director, Gerardus J.
The Quarterdeck, Middle Cove
The Quarterdeck – Middle Cove