This small park offers views across to Double Bay with shade trees and seating. It is a good place to rest on your walk up the hill from Double Bay shops.
Named after Ardthelmon Castle (pronounced Art-e-mon), the Irish home of William Gore (1765-1845) who was Provost-Marshal under Governor Bligh in the Rum Rebellion of 1808. Gore was granted 150 acres in 1810 from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Station. In 1869 at the request of Council, the NSW Government set aside 140 acres of the land as a public reserve; now only 17 acres (9.5 hectares) remain. The remnant bushland in this reserve contains distinctive flora where Wianamatta Shale soils meet Hawkesbury Sandstone soils. In 1913 the reserve was dedicated as a park under the care, control and management of Willoughby Council.
Artarmon Reserve,Burra Road, Artarmon
Artarmon Reserve – Artarmon
Origin of the name Naremburn is unknown, but is attributed to either the aboriginal words ‘narra burren’ for ‘forked creek’, or the Scottish ‘near a burn’.
Park Road/Station Street, Naremburn
Naremburn Park – Naremburn
Take advantage of this great open space adjacent to Roseville Golf Club for a game of cricket on the turf wicket or some rugby on the playing field
Ormonde Road Roseville Australia
Roseville Chase Oval – Roseville
Dunningham Reserve is located on the northern headland of Coogee Beach. Spectacular ocean and coastline views make this reserve a popular location for photographers and filmmakers in addition to the large number of recreational users.
2R Baden Street, Coogee NSW 2034
Dunningham Reserve – Coogee
Randwick Environment Park comprises 13 hectares of parkland, bushland and wetland. The bushland and wetland provides valuable habitat for native birds, lizards, frogs and mammals. More than 90 species of indigenous plants have been identified to date. The Park contains 3.6 hectares of Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub, an endangered ecological community, and is also home to the endangered Sunshine Wattle. The park, originally part of the Randwick Army Barracks, opened in 2010.
6R Argyle Crescent, Randwick NSW 2031
Randwick Environment Park – Randwick
his basic but highly visible picnic area has been designed for visitors who prefer to bring their own barbecue or event caterer. The shelter shed provides ample weather protection for a small group, while still allowing additional space for small marques or pop-up shelters to be errected for larger groups.
420 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Bidwill’s Clearing Picnic Area – St Ives
Sandy Bay lies immediately north of Clontarf with Sandy Bay Road providing access to the bay. The 120m wide bay is very sheltered and faces southeast toward The Spit just 500 m away. It has a low, narrow, curving 150 m long high tide beach (SH 17) fronted by intertidal sand flats up to 200 m wide, which fills most of the bay. The road runs around the rear of the beach, terminating at the northern end of the bay, with a small creek draining to the centre. Boats are moored off the sand flats.
Sandy Bay Road Clontarf NSW 2093
Sandy Bay – Clontarf
Muston Park is named after William Thomas Muston, the original owner of the land and Mayor of Willoughby 1890. His home ‘Penshurst’ stood in the middle of the land which was subdivided and sold in 1921. In 1926 the Council purchased the land from Joseph Knight Smith, owner of Willoughby Hotel, and created a public park. The ‘Penshurst’ entry gates were re-located to Willoughby Park.
Muston Park, Penshurst Street, Chatswood
Muston Park – Chatswood
The reserve was proclaimed a War Memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954.
Northbridge War Memorial, War Memorial Playing Fields, Northbridge NSW 2063
Northbridge War Memorial – Northbridge
Located on Cantrill Avenue Maroubra, this large fenced reserve includes picnic areas with seating and tables and a playground. There is also a bike track through the reserve and the large grassed area makes it a great spot to kick a ball around or even fly a kite.
2-4R Cantrill Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
Quarry Reserve – Maroubra
Talus Street Reserve is at the headwater of Flat Rock Creek. A path with night lighting runs through the reserve, and the southern end of the park is just a few minutes walk from St Leonards railway station.
Talus Street Reserve, Talus Street, Naremburn
Talus Street Reserve – Naremburn
Mainly playing fields. This park is not administered by Waverley Council. For bookings and other information, please contact the Centennial and Moore Park Trust on 9339 6699.
Queens Park Corner of Darley and York Rd Queens Park 2022
Queens Park – Queens Park
This colourful playground is open for general public use outside of the Holdsworth Community Centre & Services hours of opening. Please contact the Centre for more details on 9302 3680.
Holdsworth Street Playground,Holdsworth Street Community Centre, 64 Holdsworth Street, Woollahra
Holdsworth Street Playground – Woollahra
McKell Park is on the shores of Sydney Harbour with views of the Harbour Bridge to the west and Sydney Heads to the east. The park comprises grassed landscape terraces stepping down to the harbour foreshore and the public ferry wharf. It is often used for wedding ceremonies as it has superb harbour views and manicured gardens surrounded by magnificent mature trees. The harbour and well maintained gardens provide a perfect backdrop for any special occasion. It is a great vantage point to view Sydney Harbour activities. The heritage listed Canonbury Cottage is the centrepiece of the park.
McKell Park,North Darling Point Road, Darling Point.
McKell Park – Darling Point
Hogben Park is located at the corner of Harrow Road and Railway Parade in Kogarah and is 2.6 hectares in size. The park is registered as a site of local heritage significance as it represents a section of the Ocean View Estate subdivision which was established in 1883 and extended across the railway line. The establishment of the railway severed this area from the rest of the Estate.
Hogben Park 2 Railway Parade Kogarah NSW 2217 Australia
Hogben Park – Kogarah
On the first Sunday of each month a Bushcare group works at Anglo Park, looking after the significant Blue Gum High Forest plant community, including Blue Gums and Blackbutts 20-30m tall.
Anglo Park, 14 Anglo St, Chatswood
Anglo Park – Chatswood
Named after Alderman Joseph Bales, Mayor of Willoughby in 1931-32, 1936, 1938-42 and 1945-47. On land formerly used as Chinese market gardens, the park was created by resumption and private purchase during 1930, and was known as Central Park. In 1952, more land was resumed to increase the park area.
Bales Park, Stanley Street, Chatswood
Bales Park – Chatswood
This unique playground uses the existing landform as an integral part of the play environment. ‘Tiny tot’ equipment on the upper level is connected to junior equipment on the lower level via a landscaped embankment slide and rubber steps. The play area is flanked by beds of brightly flowering plants, a feature picked up in the details and colours of the custom designed equipment. This bright and sunny playground with spectacular views over middle harbour is a great winter play destination for young children.
Fifth Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
WH Brothers Memorial Park – Cremorne
Named after Alderman William Cleland junior, Mayor of Willoughby (1906-07) and first president of the School of Arts. He lived in Abbott Road where the Artarmon Public School now stands. The land was intended to be the site of the Council Chambers, as it was elevated and central to the newly created Municipality of North Willoughby in 1865, however when Chatswood Town Hall was opened in 1903 the land became redundant. At the urging of Cleland, it was declared a public park in 1908. Tennis courts have been operating in the park since 1920. You can see the list, what they can be used for, and which clubs use them. More information about local tennis courts is available in pdf format Tennis in the city of Willoughby. A carpark for approximately twenty cars and a Guides Hall (Artarmon District Guides) are also located in the park.
Cleland Park, Barton Roads, Artarmon
Cleland Park – Artarmon
Tucked away between Terrigal and Avoca Beach, this is also the ideal location for a beach walk. Although patrolled, visitors are warned to keep an eye out for rips generally located in the northern end. There is a popular dog walking area between Avoca & North Avoca Beaches.
North Avoca Parade, NORTH AVOCA NSW 2260
North Avoca – North Avoca
Fred Hollows Reserve is a unique vegetated gully in the heart of Randwick City. It is a natural area in Glebe Gully in the Eastern Suburbs. It is a two hectare park that follows a gully from Alison Road to Clovelly Road. The reserve has a footbridge/boardwalk built across the creek which is a pleasant 30 minute walk up the gorge from Alison Road to Bligh Place. There are picnic facilities throughout the reserve and the viewing platforms allow you to take in much of the natural flora and fauna that lives within the tranquil space.
63R St Marks, Randwick NSW 2031
Fred Hollows Reserve – Randwick
Named after Wallace Park who, along with other soldiers, died at the battle of Lone Pine, Gallipoli on 8 August, 1915. The land was dedicated for a park in the Wallace Park Estate subdivision of 1918, by Alderman James Park in memory of his brother, Wallace.
Location Beresford Avenue and Lone Pine Avenue, Chatswood
Wallace Park Reserve – Chatswood
This park located on the corner of Middle Street and Jane Street, Randwick, features grassed and paved areas, along with barbecue facilities, picnic tables and seating. The park is named after the first Mayor of Randwick City, Simeon Pearce.
121-123R Middle Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Simeon Pearce Park – Randwick
With a capacity of up to 100 people, West Lindfield Community Hall is great for group meetings and family functions indoor sport activities. It has a fully-equipped kitchen, air conditioning and fantastic outdoor playground for the kids. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Bradfield Road Australia
West Lindfield Community Hall – West Lindfield
Woodford Bay Bicentennial Reserve is located at bottom of Woodford Street, Longueville. This is a landscaped historical park over looking the bay with pockets of bushland.
Woodford St Longueville NSW 2066, Australia
Woodford Bay Reserve – Longueville
Named after William Gore (1765–1845), Irish free settler and NSW Provost – Marshal. He was granted 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The park is a Crown Land reserve.
Gore Hill Park, Corner Reserve Road and Pacific Highway, St Leonards
Gore Hill Park – St Leonards
The Wright family have been long time residents of Boundary Street adjoining the park. Henry Wright (1897-1960) moved into his Hemsley Estate house in 1926, following service as a private with the AIF in England and France during WW1.
48 Barcoo St, Roseville
Wright Reserve – Roseville
Named after Gregory Bartels, AM (1926-2015), who served on Willoughby City Council from 1983-1993, as Alderman, Deputy Mayor (1985-87, 1989 -91) and as Mayor (1991-93). He devoted much of his life to public service, including Patron, Chairman, Member and Director of many community groups. The land was acquired by Council in 1948. It was previously known as Edgar Street Reserve.
Edgar Street Chatswood
Bartels Park – Chatswood
Enjoy a relaxed Sunday morning game with friends or get private lessons from the pros at Gordon Golf Course. Italian restaurant, clubhouse and venue hire also available. Gordon Golf Course, including all services and facilities, remains open. For information and bookings visit the Gordon Golf Course website.
6 Lynn Ridge Avenue Gordon Australia
Gordon Golf Course – Gordon
Sutherland Park is named after the Hon. John Sutherland (1816-1889), Secretary for Public Works at the time of the building of the railway. Born in Scotland, he paid his passage to NSW in 1838 and worked as a builder, grazier, businessman and politician. He was Mayor of the Municipal Council of Sydney in 1861, and Member of NSW Parliament 1860-1889.
Sutherland Park, Sutherland Road, Chatswood
Sutherland Park – Chatswood
Designed to fit neatly into the existing landform, this low-key timber playground is tucked into the quiet Neutral Bay valley. Activities cater primarily to older children with swings, slides, climbing walls and a fun ‘spinning cup’ ride. Younger children will enjoy the ground level activities including a spring-mounted jeep and cubby house area.
Kurraba Road Neutral Bay New South Wales 2089
Warringa Park Playground – Neutral Bay