Predominantly a facility for younger users, this playground capitalises on the existing trees as integral parts of the play space; creating child-scale play gardens. The playground is subtly divided into separate play spaces connected by colourful stepping stone pathways, low level bridges, quiet sitting areas dotted with giant rubber toadstools, and a range of ground level activities. Out in the main play area a central deck structure offers slides and a cubby area while a four-person spring-mounted pony rocker and a giant spinning teacup offer fun activities for small groups. Small sculptures scattered around the gardens offer wonderful ‘discoveries’ for the youngsters.
oung Street Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Grasmere Children’s Park – Cremorne
Gap Park is located on a coastal escarpment on Sydney Harbour’s South Head. It has spectacular views of both the harbour and the sea. There are a series of basic paths amidst windswept native coastal vegetation that traverse the cliff tops. The area is one of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations. It attracts international and national tour groups, independent visitors, and local residents who use the park for walking, harbour and ocean viewing, bird watching, whale watching and spectating major harbour events. Additionally the park supports a rich history containing early fortifications, shipwreck relicts, and disused gun placements from past wars.
Gap Park, Gap Road, Watsons Bay
Gap Park – Watsons Bay
The Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden is located on 123 hectares of tranquil bushland on the edge of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. It features six walking tracks, picnic areas with BBQs, a playground and a function centre.
420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden – St Ives
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside. This second meeting room is located furthest away from the main library building with a lounge area and kitchenette in front.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Gordon Library Meeting Room 2 – Gordon
East Lindfield Community Hall is a beautiful, modern venue for group meetings, parties and indoor activities (e.g. dance classes and martial arts programs). It can accommodate up to 150 people and has a stage with PA and sound system; kitchen with fridge and oven; and an enclosed grass area.
9 Wellington Road East Lindfield Australia
East Lindfield Community Hall – East Lindfield
Gorgeous manicured gardens with fenced playground and rotunda. A great venue for functions such as birthdays, weddings and family picnics. Wahroonga Park also plays host to the popular Twilight Concerts every year.
Coonanbarra Road Wahroonga Australia
Wahroonga Park – Wahroonga
Fitting comfortably in the corner of Fred Hutley Reserve, this playground has stroller access from Palmer Street. It is surrounded by a low timber retaining wall which functions as both the playground edge and informal seating for parents and carers. Behind this wall, landscaped mounds create a physical barrier between children and the street and soften and screen the playground, creating a relaxed and intimate atmosphere with a range of equipment including a triple embankment slide, spinning poles, traditional roundabout, cable climb structure and swings.
Hamilton Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Fred Hutley Reserve Park – Cammeray
These form integral parts of an open space corridor that extends from Newlands Park in Lane Cove, south to the harbour foreshore. Smoothey Park is a mix of European style parkland and natural bushland areas, while the many vegetation communities in Gore Cove Reserve provide habitat for a diverse range of wildlife.
Milray Avenue Wollstonecraft New South Wales 2065
Smoothey Park & Gore Cove Reserve – Wollstonecraft
Stuart Street Reserve, Blakehurst is classified as district green space, which was part of original 120 acres granted to William Fitzpatrick. The land was purchased by Father John Joseph Therry in 1837. In 1877 most of this land was subdivided and auctioned as the Georgeton (sometimes Georgetown) Estate.
Stuart Street , Blakehurst
Stuart Street Reserve – Blakehurst
Frank Doyle Park is a small corner park in on Randwick Street, Randwick. It is has two levels, with the upper level containing open green space and seating. The lower level is fully fenced and contains a playground.
2-10R Randwick Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Frank Doyle Park – Randwick
Blackman Park is located in Lloyd Rees Drive (off Wood Street) Lane Cove West. This is a large Park located beside the Lane Cove River consisting of sporting grounds, picnic areas, large flat open space and river foreshore bushwalks. There is ample parking for up to 80 cars. In the Picnic area at the far end of the park there are wood BBQs and picnic tables and a small picnic shelter.
Blackman park Lloyd Rees Dr, Lane Cove West NSW 2066, Australia
Blackman Park – Lane Cove West
Burrows Park is located to the south of Waverley Cemetery. You can reach it via Ocean Street or by the walkway from Clovelly Beach or Bundock Park. The park is bounded to the east by an area of remnant vegetation and to the south by the cliff top at the edge of Clovelly Bay. There are spectacular views along the coastline in all directions from this high vantage point. The park marks the beginning of the Eastern Beaches Coastal Walk within the Randwick City Council area. Further north, the walkway continues towards Bondi Beach. The wide pathways are in regular use by walkers and joggers. The park features a free outdoor gym which was opened in August 2014. Clovelly Bowling Club is located within the park. The park also includes a sportsfield.
1-11 Ocean Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Burrows Park – Clovelly
Showcasing the talent of Council’s stonemasons, this groovy sandstone castle boasts a timber drawbridge, Juliette balcony with views to the resident ‘dragon’, and an internal staircase leading to the secret exit (a spiral slide). Tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac this hidden gem is closely guarded by local princes and princesses.
Prior Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Prior Avenue Reserve Park – Cremorne
Grace Campbell Reserve 3 is a pocket park located between Grace Campbell Crescent and Rhodes Street, Hillsdale. The reserve acts as a thoroughfare between Grace Campbell Crescent and Rhodes Street. A small playground is located off Grace Campbell Crescent.
7 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve 3 – Hillsdale
The newly expanded Cameron Park was opened in March 2017 and features open grassy areas, plentiful shade from trees, a multipurpose paved area with outdoor table tennis table and picnic facilities, a self-cleaning, accessible public toilet, as well as brand new seating, fencing, pathways and lighting.
Corner Eastern Road and Gilroy Road Turramurra Australia
Cameron Park – Turramurra
The park is a neighbourhood park that is a green and pleasantly landscaped open space that provides opportunities for low-key informal recreation activities. The park reflects the village atmosphere of the surrounding area and incorporates many tangible reminders of its former use.
Royal Hospital for Women Park, Glenmore Road, Paddington
Royal Hospital for Women Park – Paddington
Located on Broome Street Maroubra, this reserve includes seating and a playground that was built in 2014. The new playground was partly funded, with a generous donation by the late Dr Lynn Joseph.
114R Broome Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Ocean View Reserve – Maroubra
The reserve was proclaimed a War Memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954.
Northbridge War Memorial, War Memorial Playing Fields, Northbridge NSW 2063
Northbridge War Memorial – Northbridge
Castlecove was the name given by Walter Burley Griffin to the most northern of the three Middle Harbour peninsulas on which he purchased land in 1920.
Holly Street, Castle Cove
Castle Cove Park – Castle Cove
Mona Vale Beach is a surf beach that runs south east for 1 km between the rock platform that divides it from the Basin, to the foot of the 30 m high shale cliff that separates it from its southern neighbour Warriewood to which it is periodically joined. Basin Beach is a 300m semi circular beach in the lee of the northern Mona Vale Head.
Surfview Rd Mona Vale NSW 2103
Mona Vale Beach – Mona Vale
Govett Reserve is a triangular parcel of land that contains a fenced and shaded playground. The playground includes a slide, swings, climbing structure and a see-saw.
22R Govett Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Govett Reserve – Randwick
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
Chatswood Park – Chatswood
A narrow, grassed reserve located alongside Dolphin Street. The main feature of the reserve is the Alby Smith Memorial playground which was upgraded in 2013 and features a flying fox. The Coogee Scout Hall and Coogee Community Garden is located further east on Dolphin Street towards Coogee Beach.
45-47R Dolphin Street, Coogee
Alby Smith Memorial Reserve – Coogee
Mainly playing fields. This park is not administered by Waverley Council. For bookings and other information, please contact the Centennial and Moore Park Trust on 9339 6699.
Queens Park Corner of Darley and York Rd Queens Park 2022
Queens Park – Queens Park
Origin of the name Naremburn is unknown, but is attributed to either the aboriginal words ‘narra burren’ for ‘forked creek’, or the Scottish ‘near a burn’.
Park Road/Station Street, Naremburn
Naremburn Park – Naremburn
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Currey Park – Chatswood
The Wright family have been long time residents of Boundary Street adjoining the park. Henry Wright (1897-1960) moved into his Hemsley Estate house in 1926, following service as a private with the AIF in England and France during WW1.
48 Barcoo St, Roseville
Wright Reserve – Roseville
Your destination for netball and tennis, with 25 netball courts, five dual-marked tennis courts and BBQ right at the edge of beautiful Lane Cove National Park
End of Canoon Road South Turramurra Australia
Canoon Road Recreation Area – South Turramurra
St Ives Showground is Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation venue with equestrian and dog training rings, soccer field, BMX riding facilities, BBQs and picnic tables.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
St Ives Showground – St Ives
Located on the corner of Beauchamp Road and Anzac Parade Matraville, this large grassed area provides an entrance to a housing estate that was established between 1918 and 1925 to house returned soldiers and widows of soldiers from World War I.
361-399R Beauchamp Road, Matraville
Memorial Reserve – Matraville
One of Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation facilities, Bicentennial Park is home to Ku-ring-gai Fitness and Aquatic Centre and West Pymble Bowling and Sports Club, and plays host to many community events including Carols in the Park and Australia Day.
Corner Lofberg Road and Yanko Road West Pymble Australia
Bicentennial Park – West Pymble
This park located on the corner of Middle Street and Jane Street, Randwick, features grassed and paved areas, along with barbecue facilities, picnic tables and seating. The park is named after the first Mayor of Randwick City, Simeon Pearce.
121-123R Middle Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Simeon Pearce Park – Randwick
This harbourside tidal enclosure (previously known as Redleaf Pool) is popular with all age groups and can be crowded on weekends in summer. The enclosure provides a swimming area of approximately 90m x 60m.
Murray Rose Pool, New South Head Road, Double Bay
Murray Rose Pool – Double Bay
Beauchamp Park is situated in the upper park of the Scotts Creek sub-catchment.
Beauchamp Park, Nicholson Street, Chatswood
Beauchamp Park – Chatswood
Thomson park is named after the Hon. Dugald Thomson (1848 -1922), the first Federal Member for North Sydney (1901-1910). He was a Free Trader and supported the railway line being extended from St Leonards to Milsons Point. The land was originally part of William Gore’s land grant of 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The land was acquired by the Council in 1925. The sportsground and children’s playground were developed in 1928.
Thomson Park, Reserve Rd, Artarmon
Thomson Park – Artarmon
Sawmillers Reserve is one of North Sydney’s true hidden gems. Follow the winding steps down to the water’s edge for a beautiful view of the harbour and an old shipwreck lies just offshore in Berry’s Bay.
Munro Street McMahons Point New South Wales 2060
Sawmillers Reserve – McMahons Point