Spooner Park is located on the northern side of Jubilee Avenue and represents a green island space inbetween an existing triangle of Battye, Ferry and Jubilee Avenues in Beverley Park. It is a local park adjacent to the Beverley Park Golf Course, and part of the original wetland corridor flowing into Kogarah Bay.
Spooner Park Jubilee Ave Beverley Park NSW 2217 Australia
Spooner Park – Beverley Park
Named after William and Henry Mashman who operated a pottery business on the site of the park from 1885. The Mashman Brothers company, Victoria Pottery, produced terracotta and stoneware including chimney pots, urns, chicken feeders, bread crocks and storage jars. As more houses were built in Chatswood, the company also produced drainage and sewer pipes. In 1959 the Royal Doulton Company bought the business and continued making only sanitary wares. In 1980 Caroma Industries P/L acquired the business but ceased trading in 2000. Council was given the park in 2004 by the Huang family who converted the former factory building into residential apartments.
Mashman Park, Chatswood
Mashman Park – Chatswood
This “T” shaped park with access from both Edgecliff Road and Fletcher Street has a nautical themed playground. There is climbing equipment, slides, swings and various activities to keep children amused.
Plumb Reserve,Fletcher Street and Edgecliff Road, Woollahra.
Plumb Reserve – Woollahra
Maroubra Skate Park is located within Arthur Byrne Reserve, adjacent to Maroubra Beach. It has approximately 1,100 square metres of skateable area. The design caters for both street and professional skaters, children and adults.
3R Marine Parade, Maroubra
Maroubra Skate Park – Maroubra
Finucane Reserve is a large flat park with mature trees providing natural shade. There is seating located throughout the park and there is a large children’s playground with climbing equipment, see-saw, spring animal and softfall flooring.
1R Finucane Crescent, Matraville
Finucane Reserve – Matraville
Kensington Park is a large district park located on the corner of Barker Street, Cottenham Avenue and Edward Avenue in Kensington. The focus of the park is Kensington Oval that caters for rugby league and cricket. John Calopedos Memorial Playground is within the park. It is a fenced playground with swings, slides and climbing equipment over softfall and under a shade structure.
2R Edward Avenue, Kensington NSW 2033
Kensington Park – Kensington
The South Maroubra Village Green is located adjacent to the South Maroubra Shopping Village on Meagher Avenue off Malabar Road. It’s a grassed area which includes a children’s playground. The park is also the location of many regular events such as the South Maroubra Village Green Art Show and the South Maroubra Community Christmas Carols.
5-19R Meagher Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
South Maroubra Village Green – Maroubra
Take advantage of this great open space adjacent to Roseville Golf Club for a game of cricket on the turf wicket or some rugby on the playing field
Ormonde Road Roseville Australia
Roseville Chase Oval – Roseville
A centrally located and well-used urban park. With paving, pathways and rolling lawns dotted with mature specimen trees, Civic Park is a pleasant meeting place for the North Sydney community. North Sydney’s Civic Centre opened in September 1982. The site was the subject of numerous plans, both commercial and civic, since it was first mooted as a civic centre in the 1940s. The Civic Centre incorporates a number of existing buildings, including the Council Chambers and the Stanton Library, together with a park area consisting of lawns and gardens, known as Civic Park.
200 Miller Street North Sydney New South Wales 2060
Civic Park & Community Centre – North Sydney
Allan Small Park has received a big makeover! We upgraded park facilities through a staged implementation of works aimed at improving general use, access and sustainability in accordance with the Allan Small Park Landscape Masterplan.
Saiala Road East Killara Australia
Allan Small Oval – Killara
Flack Avenue Reserve is a pocket park located near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road Hillsdale. The Reserve has play equipment and seating. The park is accessible to pedestrians from both Beauchamp Road and Flack Avenue.
Flack Avenue Reserve, Near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale 2036
Flack Avenue Reserve – Hillsdale
Set in the beautiful and historic St. Thomas’ Rest Park, this unique and accessible fully fenced playground has been created as a series of play ‘rooms’ connected by rubber pathways within lush native gardens. Activities have a whimsical theme with a groovy climbing ‘critter’, spring-mounted rockets, an old style ‘steam engine’, an unusual roundabout and two sets of double swings including an arm-power swing. A larger central structure incorporates an unusual sitting ‘capsule’ as well as tunnels, slides and climbing activities. Picnic tables are centrally located, making this a popular playground for longer visits.
West Street Crows Nest New South Wales 2065
St Thomas’ Rest Park – Crows Nest
Located on the corner of Beauchamp Road and Anzac Parade Matraville, this large grassed area provides an entrance to a housing estate that was established between 1918 and 1925 to house returned soldiers and widows of soldiers from World War I.
361-399R Beauchamp Road, Matraville
Memorial Reserve – Matraville
The park named after Victor Trumper is caters for cricket as well as Australian Rules and athletics. A series of walking trails connect surrounding streets.
Trumper Park Oval,Hampden Street, Paddington
Trumper Park Oval – Paddington
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
Auluba Ovals 1 and 2 – South Turramurra
This multi-purpose facility boasts a synthetic wicket, three tennis courts, soccer field, playground, BBQ facilities and dog off-leash park, backing onto tranquil bushland
Warrimoo Avenue St Ives Australia
Warrimoo Oval – St Ives
Burnie Park is like a hidden oasis in Clovelly. Close to Clovelly Beach, the park includes a fun, interactive, children’s playground complete with large wooden jungle gym, see-saw, swings, a baby bucket swing, low height flying fox and a protective shade structure. There is something for all children of all ages to enjoy.
1R Burnie Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Burnie Park – Clovelly
Mainly playing fields. This park is not administered by Waverley Council. For bookings and other information, please contact the Centennial and Moore Park Trust on 9339 6699.
Queens Park Corner of Darley and York Rd Queens Park 2022
Queens Park – Queens Park
The Northern end of Palm Beach consists of a 600m stretch of coastland in a relatively natural state and faces east. The Northern most tip is landmarked by the prominent 100m high lighthouse capped, Barrenjoey Head.
Beach Road Palm Beach NSW 2108
North Palm Beach – Palm Beach
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
St Thomas Rest Park – Crows Nest
Gap Park is located on a coastal escarpment on Sydney Harbour’s South Head. It has spectacular views of both the harbour and the sea. There are a series of basic paths amidst windswept native coastal vegetation that traverse the cliff tops. The area is one of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations. It attracts international and national tour groups, independent visitors, and local residents who use the park for walking, harbour and ocean viewing, bird watching, whale watching and spectating major harbour events. Additionally the park supports a rich history containing early fortifications, shipwreck relicts, and disused gun placements from past wars.
Gap Park, Gap Road, Watsons Bay
Gap Park – Watsons Bay
The Village Green refers to the narrow park alongside Artarmon Station. It was originally part of the land put aside for the building of the North Shore Railway, and is now leased by Council from Railcorp. It was dedicated by Council on 21 September 1968, and a plaque with the following inscription was set into a large rock in the park to mark the event:
Artarmon Village GreenArtarmon Village Green,Artarmon Station, Hampden Road, Artarmon
Artarmon Village Green (Artarmon Station) – Artarmon
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Currey Park – Chatswood
The park is perched on top of the ocean cliffs, providing sweeping views to the ocean and Sydney Harbour. The venue has three football fields used for rugby union, soccer and touch football and one hockey field, (No. 4). One of the ovals, (No. 1), has lights for night training. The park also has three cricket wickets for summer use.
Christison Park, Old South Head Road, Vaucluse.
Christison Park – Vaucluse
Cook’s Paddock is a small park of heritage significance. It was once the overnight paddock for delivery horses for the James Cook Bakery on Oxford Street, Paddington. Now it is a small fenced playground with a see-saw and swing set with park benches for the adults.
James Cook Reserve (Cook's Paddock),Victoria Place, Paddington
James Cook Reserve (Cook’s Paddock) – Paddington
With a capacity of up to 100 people, West Lindfield Community Hall is great for group meetings and family functions indoor sport activities. It has a fully-equipped kitchen, air conditioning and fantastic outdoor playground for the kids. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Bradfield Road Australia
West Lindfield Community Hall – West Lindfield
Fitting comfortably in the corner of Fred Hutley Reserve, this playground has stroller access from Palmer Street. It is surrounded by a low timber retaining wall which functions as both the playground edge and informal seating for parents and carers. Behind this wall, landscaped mounds create a physical barrier between children and the street and soften and screen the playground, creating a relaxed and intimate atmosphere with a range of equipment including a triple embankment slide, spinning poles, traditional roundabout, cable climb structure and swings.
Hamilton Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Fred Hutley Reserve Park – Cammeray
Grace Campbell Reserve 4 is a pocket park located off Grace Campbell Crescent, near the intersection with Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale. The reserve provides a green space for the enjoyment of local residents.
1 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve 4 – Hillsdale
This gorgeous park is situated in bushland on the shores of Middle Harbour and is an ideal venue for functions of all sizes, from family BBQs to weddings. Echo Point Park is Ku-ring-gai’s only park with water frontage and boasts a beach, mangroves, Aboriginal heritage sites, walking tracks, terraced gardens, playground and remains of the old Roseville Baths and Roseville Bridge.
Babbage Road Roseville Chase Australia
Echo Point Park – Roseville Chase
Mona Vale Beach is a surf beach that runs south east for 1 km between the rock platform that divides it from the Basin, to the foot of the 30 m high shale cliff that separates it from its southern neighbour Warriewood to which it is periodically joined. Basin Beach is a 300m semi circular beach in the lee of the northern Mona Vale Head.
Surfview Rd Mona Vale NSW 2103
Mona Vale Beach – Mona Vale
Named after Erik Carlson, (1917-2001) resident of Middle Harbour Ward. His contribution to improving the living environment of Willoughby City will be long remembered; an example being this land acquired in 1989 to mitigate local flooding and to develop as public open space. A rocky channel runs through the park to help direct stormwater.
Carlson Park, Carlson Park 150 High St, North Willoughby
Carlson Park – North Willoughby
Named after the aboriginal word for “beauty”. The park was acquired in 1942 from the Estate of Joseph Charles Tricker, builder, who lived in the adjoining house ‘Goulburn Grange’, which was built in 1907. The park contains remnant native ridge-top trees of Blackbutt and Turpentine which provide plenty of shade. There are three covered picnic tables, a double plated BBQ and a playground in the park.
Lowanna Park, Greville Street and Fullers Road, Chatswood
Lowanna Park – Chatswood
Hogben Park is located at the corner of Harrow Road and Railway Parade in Kogarah and is 2.6 hectares in size. The park is registered as a site of local heritage significance as it represents a section of the Ocean View Estate subdivision which was established in 1883 and extended across the railway line. The establishment of the railway severed this area from the rest of the Estate.
Hogben Park 2 Railway Parade Kogarah NSW 2217 Australia
Hogben Park – Kogarah