Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
Finucane Reserve is a large flat park with mature trees providing natural shade. There is seating located throughout the park and there is a large children’s playground with climbing equipment, see-saw, spring animal and softfall flooring.
1R Finucane Crescent, Matraville
Frank Doyle Park is a small corner park in on Randwick Street, Randwick. It is has two levels, with the upper level containing open green space and seating. The lower level is fully fenced and contains a playground.
2-10R Randwick Street, Randwick NSW 2031
This playground is tucked away in a quite location surrounded by residential properties. It is at the end of a narrow laneway and has a gentle slope to the north. There are numerous mature trees as well as large open lawn areas.
Benelong Lane Cremorne New South Wales 2090
The reserve was proclaimed a War Memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954.
Northbridge War Memorial, War Memorial Playing Fields, Northbridge NSW 2063
St Ives Showground is Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation venue with equestrian and dog training rings, soccer field, BMX riding facilities, BBQs and picnic tables.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Mona Vale Beach is a surf beach that runs south east for 1 km between the rock platform that divides it from the Basin, to the foot of the 30 m high shale cliff that separates it from its southern neighbour Warriewood to which it is periodically joined. Basin Beach is a 300m semi circular beach in the lee of the northern Mona Vale Head.
Surfview Rd Mona Vale NSW 2103
These form integral parts of an open space corridor that extends from Newlands Park in Lane Cove, south to the harbour foreshore. Smoothey Park is a mix of European style parkland and natural bushland areas, while the many vegetation communities in Gore Cove Reserve provide habitat for a diverse range of wildlife.
Milray Avenue Wollstonecraft New South Wales 2065
This park is located on the corner of Botany Street and Rainbow Street, Randwick. It comprises a playground, dog exercise park, sports field as well as toilets and change rooms
187-203R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Named after Alderman Joseph Bales, Mayor of Willoughby in 1931-32, 1936, 1938-42 and 1945-47. On land formerly used as Chinese market gardens, the park was created by resumption and private purchase during 1930, and was known as Central Park. In 1952, more land was resumed to increase the park area.
Bales Park, Stanley Street, Chatswood
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Artarmon Park,Cleland Rd, Artarmon
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, soccer field, seven tennis courts, one multi-purpose/netball court, BBQ, playground and dog off-leash area.
Chelmsford Avenue Roseville Australia
John Shore Park is located near Maroubra Beach on Mons Avenue and across the road from Broadarrow Reserve. The park is fairly flat and a good spot for ball games or group activities, but there are no facilities in this park.
172-174R Mons Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
Located on Broome Street Maroubra, this reserve includes seating and a playground that was built in 2014. The new playground was partly funded, with a generous donation by the late Dr Lynn Joseph.
114R Broome Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
The park caters for sports such as cricket, rugby union and soccer. It is also a great place to enjoy a sunny day with a picnic rug or a pair of joggers.
Rushcutters Bay Park,New Beach Road, Darling Point
Tantallon Oval is an award-winning oval located on the corner of Epping Road & Tantallon Road. This is a public oval & surrounded with parkland.
Tantallon Oval Tantallon Rd & Epping Road, Lane Cove North NSW 2066, Australia
Flack Avenue Reserve is a pocket park located near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road Hillsdale. The Reserve has play equipment and seating. The park is accessible to pedestrians from both Beauchamp Road and Flack Avenue.
Flack Avenue Reserve, Near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale 2036
Located on the upper tier of Waverton Park, Merrett Playground is set beneath two fabulous native trees and offers visitors lovely views across Sydney Harbour. The playground has a ‘service station’ theme; with an easily accessible pathway and ‘road’ system, a spring-mounted car, and a level play area with petrol bowsers, a mechanics workshop and a candy shop. Also featuring a large deck, tunnel slides and an arm-power swing, this popular playground caters to children of all ages and abilities.
cnr Woolcott Street and Woolcott Avenue Waverton New South Wales 2060
Wassell Street Reserve is located in Matraville. It has a fenced children’s playground fronting Wassell Street. The reserve is located between residential properties and adjoins local market gardens.
20R Wassell Street, Matraville
Named after H.J. Greville an auditor of the Borough of Willoughby in the 1880s. The land was previously the site of a dairy started by Gladys Homer in the early 1930s. In the 1950s the land was subdivided and sold to Cumberland County Council. The land formed a boundary with the Army Rifle Range until its relocation in 1955. In 1960 the land was sold to Willoughby Municipal Council and named Greville Street Reserve. Willoughby City Council acknowledges the Cameraigal people as the traditional inhabitants of the area.
Greville Park,Greville Street ,Chatswood
Thomson park is named after the Hon. Dugald Thomson (1848 -1922), the first Federal Member for North Sydney (1901-1910). He was a Free Trader and supported the railway line being extended from St Leonards to Milsons Point. The land was originally part of William Gore’s land grant of 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The land was acquired by the Council in 1925. The sportsground and children’s playground were developed in 1928.
Thomson Park, Reserve Rd, Artarmon
Chiswick Gardens provides a beautifully maintained setting for any special occasion. The manicured lawn and period planting provides a beautiful landscape.
Chiswick Gardens, Corner of Wellington and Ocean Street, Woollahra
To reach this park, walk down the path at the end of Hotham Street through the bamboo jungle. There are 3 picnic table setting, a park bench, a set of swing and an embankment slide along with landscapes gardens. The playground is very shady due to the proximity of trees and surrounding buildings.
Hotham Street Reserve ,Hotham Street, Chatswood
Grace Campbell Reserve is a local park located off Grace Campbell Crescent in Hillsdale. The reserve adjoins western section of Rhodes St Reserve and provides pedestrian access to both Rhodes St and Bunnerong Road. The park is an open space for the residents of Hillsdale with a playground, seating and a half basketball court.
19-21 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Situated in the hub of St Ives, this large hall can accommodate up to 300 people and comes equipped with a stage, full kitchen and disabled access. Great for family functions such as birthdays and reunions, also indoor sports activities. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Memorial Avenue St Ives Australia
Located between Ascot Street and Goodwood Street in Kensington, Kokoda Park is named in honour of those heroic soldiers who served and lost their lives on the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea during World War II. The park has a large grassed area and features a memorial pathway leading to a monument. The path is a symbolic representation of the Kokoda Track. The park also includes a fenced junior playground. Grab a coffee from a café on nearby Anzac Parade and wind down in the tranquil environment.
2R Goodwood Street, Kensington NSW 2033
This multi-purpose facility boasts a synthetic wicket, three tennis courts, soccer field, playground, BBQ facilities and dog off-leash park, backing onto tranquil bushland
Warrimoo Avenue St Ives Australia
Named after Dr Elsie Okey (nee Wearn) (1904-1995), Artarmon’s first female dentist. Elsie was a pioneer for women in dentistry, opening her practice in Hampden Road in 1945 and later moving to Wilkes Avenue until her retirement in 1974. She was the first honorary dental surgeon at the Rachel Forster Hospital for Women and Children for 22 years, and also provided dental services to the Burnside Children’s Homes for 14 years.
Elsie Wearn Park,Robert Street, Artarmon
Dr Walters Park in Chifley is a medium sized park with mature trees providing shade and a tranquil place to visit. Within the park is a fully fenced children’s playground with climbing equipment, a slide, seating and shade structure.
27-33R Lasseter Avenue, Chifley
Sawmillers Reserve is one of North Sydney’s true hidden gems. Follow the winding steps down to the water’s edge for a beautiful view of the harbour and an old shipwreck lies just offshore in Berry’s Bay.
Munro Street McMahons Point New South Wales 2060
A lovely shaded park on the corner of Arthur Street and Botany Street in Randwick. This park is one of Randwick’s lesser known parks and could be a good option when the other playgrounds get busy.
20R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Bundock Park is located directly adjacent to Clovelly Beach. On the southern side of the beach you will find an amenities building, beach inspectors’ office, the Sea Salt Cafe, picnic shelters, BBQs and external showers. A children’s playground is located in a small grassed area behind the beach. There are also several small, grassed picnic areas, many of which are enclosed by mature native planting. On the northern side of the bay there are formal pathways, picnic shelters, BBQs, and extensive plantings of native trees and shrubs. The Coastal Walkway runs through the park and it is popular with walkers and joggers.
3-25R Eastbourne Avenue, Clovelly NSW 2031