Frederick Street, Ashfield
The field at Hammond Park is used for soccer in winter and cricket in summer. The tennis court is free to use (no booking required) and open with lighting until 10pm.
Ashfield’s first cricket ground was established on this site in 1875. It was owned by a local butcher who leased the land, and later sold it, to Ashfield Cricket Club. In 1910 it was bought by the then-Ashfield Council and soon afterwards renamed Hammond Park after Mark J Hammond, former mayor and MP.
Tennis court (no booking required, open until 10pm)