Grassed area leading into Bronte Park.
This iconic North Shore landmark has hosted a multitude of events including horse shows, dog shows, circuses, markets, fireworks displays, car shows, trailwalks, cross-country events, sports training and competitions.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Jim Watson Main Arena – St Ives
A lovely shaded park in the heart of Kensington located on the corner of Duke Street and Balfour Road. The park includes a fenced playground, interactive play equipment, a small bicycle track and a large open grassed area set below Balfour Street.
43R Duke Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Wills Reserve – Kensington
Gap Park is located on a coastal escarpment on Sydney Harbour’s South Head. It has spectacular views of both the harbour and the sea. There are a series of basic paths amidst windswept native coastal vegetation that traverse the cliff tops. The area is one of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations. It attracts international and national tour groups, independent visitors, and local residents who use the park for walking, harbour and ocean viewing, bird watching, whale watching and spectating major harbour events. Additionally the park supports a rich history containing early fortifications, shipwreck relicts, and disused gun placements from past wars.
Gap Park, Gap Road, Watsons Bay
Gap Park – Watsons Bay
Enjoy your cricket and soccer at this beautiful facility inside Lane Cove National Park, complete with BBQ facilities. Please be aware that dogs are banned from National Parks at all times.
Fiddens Wharf Oval, Fiddens Wharf Road, Killara
Fiddens Wharf Oval – Killara
Named after William Gore (1765–1845), Irish free settler and NSW Provost – Marshal. He was granted 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The park is a Crown Land reserve.
Gore Hill Park, Corner Reserve Road and Pacific Highway, St Leonards
Gore Hill Park – St Leonards
Oatley Memorial Gardens offers a pleasant outdoor area for residents and visitors near the centre of Oatley Village. Located between Oatley Parade and Oatley Avenue, south of Hurstville Road, the Gardens are a green gateway into the centre of Oatley Village.
Oatley Ave, Oatley
Oatley Memorial Gardens – Oatley
Blackburn Gardens is a beautifully restored heritage garden and retains spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. The garden adjoins Murray Rose Pool (formerly Redleaf Pool) and Seven Shillings Beach. The garden features manicured lawn with a secret garden, sundial and water feature.
Blackburn Gardens ,New South Head Road, Double Bay
Blackburn Gardens – Double Bay
Burrows Park is located to the south of Waverley Cemetery. You can reach it via Ocean Street or by the walkway from Clovelly Beach or Bundock Park. The park is bounded to the east by an area of remnant vegetation and to the south by the cliff top at the edge of Clovelly Bay. There are spectacular views along the coastline in all directions from this high vantage point. The park marks the beginning of the Eastern Beaches Coastal Walk within the Randwick City Council area. Further north, the walkway continues towards Bondi Beach. The wide pathways are in regular use by walkers and joggers. The park features a free outdoor gym which was opened in August 2014. Clovelly Bowling Club is located within the park. The park also includes a sportsfield.
1-11 Ocean Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Burrows Park – Clovelly
The Sydney Morning Herald on 20 October 1854 said it was: A pretty marine villa with commanding views of Port Jackson. Built in the first half of the 19th century, it was acquired by North Sydney Council in 1979 and converted into a local history museum, and is one of Council’s premier historical sites open to the public. It is a rare example of an early timber slab house nestled in a remnant Victorian garden. Featuring the history of the house and its former occupants, Don Bank’s displays focus on social history and our changing times.
6 Napier St, North Sydney, 2060
Don Bank Museum – North Sydney
Cook’s Paddock is a small park of heritage significance. It was once the overnight paddock for delivery horses for the James Cook Bakery on Oxford Street, Paddington. Now it is a small fenced playground with a see-saw and swing set with park benches for the adults.
James Cook Reserve (Cook's Paddock),Victoria Place, Paddington
James Cook Reserve (Cook’s Paddock) – Paddington
Predominantly a facility for younger users, this playground capitalises on the existing trees as integral parts of the play space; creating child-scale play gardens. The playground is subtly divided into separate play spaces connected by colourful stepping stone pathways, low level bridges, quiet sitting areas dotted with giant rubber toadstools, and a range of ground level activities. Out in the main play area a central deck structure offers slides and a cubby area while a four-person spring-mounted pony rocker and a giant spinning teacup offer fun activities for small groups. Small sculptures scattered around the gardens offer wonderful ‘discoveries’ for the youngsters.
oung Street Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Grasmere Children’s Park – Cremorne
Balcombe Heights Sportsground (Masonic Ovals) features two single sports fields with a synthetic cricket pitch located in the centre of each. The cricket pitches are covered in the winter. Both are only small fields and best suited to local lower level sports. Touch football is played during the summer season on both fields and Soccer in Winter.
Seven Hills Road, Baulkham Hills 2153
Balcombe Heights Estate (Masonic Oval) – Baulkham Hills
Named after Sir James Willoughby Gordon (1773-1851), English officer-soldier and associate of Sir Thomas Livingstone Mitchell, the NSW Surveyor-General, who assigned the name of ‘Willoughby’ to the local parish.
Willoughby Park, McClelland Street, Willoughby
Willoughby Park – Willoughby
Woomera Reserve is a large open grassed area located on Bunnerong Road in Little Bay. There’s a cricket pitch in the middle of the reserve, a playground in the south east corner and a kids bicycle track. The park is a designated dog off-leash exercise park
1103-1281 Bunnerong Road, Little Bay NSW 2036
Woomera Reserve – Little Bay
The lower area of the Reserve is a grassed area overlooking the pools and the Ocean. In the upper area, there is a grassed, shady picnic, play area and sculptures.
Biddigal Reserve Ramsgate Ave (north end of Bondi Beach) North Bondi 2026
Biddigal Reserve – North Bondi
This playground is tucked away in a quite location surrounded by residential properties. It is at the end of a narrow laneway and has a gentle slope to the north. There are numerous mature trees as well as large open lawn areas.
Benelong Lane Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Grasmere Reserve – Cremorne
Castlecove was the name given by Walter Burley Griffin to the most northern of the three Middle Harbour peninsulas on which he purchased land in 1920.
Holly Street, Castle Cove
Castle Cove Park – Castle Cove
This basic building is in original condition and has a rural feel. It is suitable for small bush dances, themed parties (country, halloween, etc.) or informal meetings. The Craft Hut is a great addition to the hire of the Events Area, providing ample weather protection for up to 50 people.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Craft Hut – St Ives
This gorgeous park is situated in bushland on the shores of Middle Harbour and is an ideal venue for functions of all sizes, from family BBQs to weddings. Echo Point Park is Ku-ring-gai’s only park with water frontage and boasts a beach, mangroves, Aboriginal heritage sites, walking tracks, terraced gardens, playground and remains of the old Roseville Baths and Roseville Bridge.
Babbage Road Roseville Chase Australia
Echo Point Park – Roseville Chase
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Currey Park – Chatswood
Burnie Park is like a hidden oasis in Clovelly. Close to Clovelly Beach, the park includes a fun, interactive, children’s playground complete with large wooden jungle gym, see-saw, swings, a baby bucket swing, low height flying fox and a protective shade structure. There is something for all children of all ages to enjoy.
1R Burnie Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Burnie Park – Clovelly
Pleasant picnic location with lawns and shade. Divided by Tamarama Marine Drive: West section is a large open area with a shady gully; the smaller Eastern section contains the listed facilities.
Tamarama Park, Tamarama Marine Drive ,Tamarama 2026
Tamarama Park – Tamarama
High Cross Park is an open green space in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Randwick. It contains some large trees offering shade and there are also picnic tables and water fountains. It is home to the City’s cenotaph, remembering all wars served by residents of Randwick City. The Minister for Transport announced on 17 September 2015 that High Cross Park would be saved and the proposed light rail terminal moved to nearby High St.
217-219R Avoca Street, Randwick NSW 2031
High Cross Park – Randwick
Named after Charles Wickham (1869-1936), local resident and skilled gardener. Charles was the ‘guiding genius’ of the gardens on the Village Green at Artarmon Railway Station. The gardens were first established by the Artarmon Progress Association in 1928. As a volunteer he made the gardens into his retirement hobby, eventually being employed by Council. During 1983-1990 three blocks of land in White Street were acquired by Council for open space in response to Artarmon becoming a more populated suburb. Landscape improvements were completed in 2007.
Wickham Park, White Street, Artarmon
Wickham Park – Artarmon
Grace Campbell Reserve is a local park located off Grace Campbell Crescent in Hillsdale. The reserve adjoins western section of Rhodes St Reserve and provides pedestrian access to both Rhodes St and Bunnerong Road. The park is an open space for the residents of Hillsdale with a playground, seating and a half basketball court.
19-21 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve – Hillsdale
These form integral parts of an open space corridor that extends from Newlands Park in Lane Cove, south to the harbour foreshore. Smoothey Park is a mix of European style parkland and natural bushland areas, while the many vegetation communities in Gore Cove Reserve provide habitat for a diverse range of wildlife.
Milray Avenue Wollstonecraft New South Wales 2065
Smoothey Park & Gore Cove Reserve – Wollstonecraft
Hereward Reserve is located in Maroubra and offers an abundance of natural shade as well as a large children’s playground. The playground includes a large climbing frame, swings, a jungle gym and soft- fall flooring. There is also plenty of park seating under the natural shade to sit back and relax whilst watching your kids.
9R Hereward Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Hereward Reserve – Maroubra
HMAT Barambah (formerly the SS Hobart) was a steamship built in 1912 for the Deutsche-Australische line, which operated services between Germany and Australia. The ship was seized by Australia in Melbourne at the commencement of WW1, renamed Barambah and used as a troop transport belonging to the Australian Commonwealth Government Line of Steamers. The ship’s final voyage from Australia to England was in 1925 having been sold and renamed SS Justin. Barambah was the name given to an Aboriginal mission town in Queensland (now Cherbourg), and means “source of the western wind”. There are two park benches, a picnic table. a level grassed area and an attractive 3m high rock face in this reserve. There are four parks and a garden in Barcoo Street:
18 and 34 Barambah St, Roseville
Barambah Reserve – Roseville
The Wright family have been long time residents of Boundary Street adjoining the park. Henry Wright (1897-1960) moved into his Hemsley Estate house in 1926, following service as a private with the AIF in England and France during WW1.
48 Barcoo St, Roseville
Wright Reserve – Roseville
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
St Thomas Rest Park – Crows Nest
This historic park caters for sports such as netball, softball, cricket and training for rugby and soccer. A popular location for other leisure activities such as walking and jogging.
Lough Playing Fields,Manning Road, Double Bay
Lough Playing Fields – Double Bay
One of Ku-ring-gai’s biggest and most beautiful sports and recreation spots, with soccer fields, baseball diamonds, mountain bike park, BBQ and playground overlooking bushland
Esk Street Wahroonga Australia
Golden Jubilee Field – Wahroonga
Alison Park is a beautiful, civic park located off Alison Road, Randwick between the town centre and the Randwick Council Administration Building. On The Avenue side, it is lined by beautiful historic fig trees and it is a quiet sanctuary away from the Belmore Road shopping strip. The park features a playground, a large flat grassed area great for ball games, public toilets, street banner poles and public art. A childcare centre is located in the park off Frances Street.
194R Alison Road, Randwick NSW 2031
Alison Park – Randwick
To reach this park, walk down the path at the end of Hotham Street through the bamboo jungle. There are 3 picnic table setting, a park bench, a set of swing and an embankment slide along with landscapes gardens. The playground is very shady due to the proximity of trees and surrounding buildings.
Hotham Street Reserve ,Hotham Street, Chatswood
Hotham Street Reserve – Chatswood
Bicentennial Reserve is named after the Bicentenary of Australia 1788-1988. The land was claimed in 1933 as a ‘garbage destructor and sewerage dump’ for the community’s waste. In 1934 the reverberatory incinerator designed by Walter Burley Griffin opened and material from the waste operation was used to fill the Flat Rock Creek valley and create level areas for playing fields. After 1983 more fill was added to create a regional park.
Bicentennial Reserve,Small Street, Willoughby
Bicentennial Reserve – Willoughby
This unique playground uses the existing landform as an integral part of the play environment. ‘Tiny tot’ equipment on the upper level is connected to junior equipment on the lower level via a landscaped embankment slide and rubber steps. The play area is flanked by beds of brightly flowering plants, a feature picked up in the details and colours of the custom designed equipment. This bright and sunny playground with spectacular views over middle harbour is a great winter play destination for young children.
Fifth Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
WH Brothers Memorial Park – Cremorne
A centrally located and well-used urban park. With paving, pathways and rolling lawns dotted with mature specimen trees, Civic Park is a pleasant meeting place for the North Sydney community. North Sydney’s Civic Centre opened in September 1982. The site was the subject of numerous plans, both commercial and civic, since it was first mooted as a civic centre in the 1940s. The Civic Centre incorporates a number of existing buildings, including the Council Chambers and the Stanton Library, together with a park area consisting of lawns and gardens, known as Civic Park.
200 Miller Street North Sydney New South Wales 2060
Civic Park & Community Centre – North Sydney