John Curtin Reserve, named after Australia’s former war time Prime Minister, is a linear local park with access from High St and Robey St, Mascot. The reserve also accommodates the Council’s Plant Nursery.
76 High St, Mascot 2020
The park caters for sports such as cricket, rugby union and soccer. It is also a great place to enjoy a sunny day with a picnic rug or a pair of joggers.
Rushcutters Bay Park,New Beach Road, Darling Point
Located on the corner of Beauchamp Road and Anzac Parade Matraville, this large grassed area provides an entrance to a housing estate that was established between 1918 and 1925 to house returned soldiers and widows of soldiers from World War I.
361-399R Beauchamp Road, Matraville
The lower area of the Reserve is a grassed area overlooking the pools and the Ocean. In the upper area, there is a grassed, shady picnic, play area and sculptures.
Biddigal Reserve Ramsgate Ave (north end of Bondi Beach) North Bondi 2026
Chiswick Gardens provides a beautifully maintained setting for any special occasion. The manicured lawn and period planting provides a beautiful landscape.
Chiswick Gardens, Corner of Wellington and Ocean Street, Woollahra
Located on the upper tier of Waverton Park, Merrett Playground is set beneath two fabulous native trees and offers visitors lovely views across Sydney Harbour. The playground has a ‘service station’ theme; with an easily accessible pathway and ‘road’ system, a spring-mounted car, and a level play area with petrol bowsers, a mechanics workshop and a candy shop. Also featuring a large deck, tunnel slides and an arm-power swing, this popular playground caters to children of all ages and abilities.
cnr Woolcott Street and Woolcott Avenue Waverton New South Wales 2060
The park is perched on top of the ocean cliffs, providing sweeping views to the ocean and Sydney Harbour. The venue has three football fields used for rugby union, soccer and touch football and one hockey field, (No. 4). One of the ovals, (No. 1), has lights for night training. The park also has three cricket wickets for summer use.
Christison Park, Old South Head Road, Vaucluse.
The newly expanded Cameron Park was opened in March 2017 and features open grassy areas, plentiful shade from trees, a multipurpose paved area with outdoor table tennis table and picnic facilities, a self-cleaning, accessible public toilet, as well as brand new seating, fencing, pathways and lighting.
Corner Eastern Road and Gilroy Road Turramurra Australia
Named after Gregory Bartels, AM (1926-2015), who served on Willoughby City Council from 1983-1993, as Alderman, Deputy Mayor (1985-87, 1989 -91) and as Mayor (1991-93). He devoted much of his life to public service, including Patron, Chairman, Member and Director of many community groups. The land was acquired by Council in 1948. It was previously known as Edgar Street Reserve.
Edgar Street Chatswood
Walter Williamson Park (previously Central Park), located on Cooper Street, Maroubra, is a large open space park offering grass and mature trees with natural shade. There is bench style seating located to watch the kids enjoy the playground and bike track, and plenty of room to kick around a ball or swing a bat.
28R Cooper Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Charles Bean Sportsground is the first ever synthetic playing field in Ku-ring-gai Council to be constructed. The new synthetic surface allows the playing field to be used during wet weather and reduces maintenance costs, compared to a grass surface.
Eton Rd Lindfield 2070 Australia
Sutherland Park is named after the Hon. John Sutherland (1816-1889), Secretary for Public Works at the time of the building of the railway. Born in Scotland, he paid his passage to NSW in 1838 and worked as a builder, grazier, businessman and politician. He was Mayor of the Municipal Council of Sydney in 1861, and Member of NSW Parliament 1860-1889.
Sutherland Park, Sutherland Road, Chatswood
Euroka, Street Playground caters primarily to older children and incorporates many fitness and strength activities such as monkey bars, rope climbers and vertical wall climbers with more traditional activities such as slides, spinners and a spring-mounted skateboard. Fitness equipment including a stepper and stand-up swing invites adults to use the space as well. A low masonry wall provides a hang-out space adjacent to a rubber surfaced hand-ball court. The playground is set into a lush shaded location and provides a relaxed meeting space for both adults and local children.
Euroka Street Waverton New South Wales 2060
Muston Park is named after William Thomas Muston, the original owner of the land and Mayor of Willoughby 1890. His home ‘Penshurst’ stood in the middle of the land which was subdivided and sold in 1921. In 1926 the Council purchased the land from Joseph Knight Smith, owner of Willoughby Hotel, and created a public park. The ‘Penshurst’ entry gates were re-located to Willoughby Park.
Muston Park, Penshurst Street, Chatswood
Enjoy your cricket and soccer at this beautiful facility inside Lane Cove National Park, complete with BBQ facilities. Please be aware that dogs are banned from National Parks at all times.
Fiddens Wharf Oval, Fiddens Wharf Road, Killara
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Artarmon Park,Cleland Rd, Artarmon
It is suitable for use by schools, community groups and for racing. The course layout can be tailored to suit different levels of ability. The Showground has previously hosted overniight cross country bookings; additional facilities such the Jim Watson Main Arena or the Rotary Kiosk can be hired to facilitate larger events and overnight stays. The additional hire of the Jim Watson Main Arena would also provide use of showers, bleechers and broadcasting box.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Govett Reserve is a triangular parcel of land that contains a fenced and shaded playground. The playground includes a slide, swings, climbing structure and a see-saw.
22R Govett Street, Randwick NSW 2031
HMAT Barambah (formerly the SS Hobart) was a steamship built in 1912 for the Deutsche-Australische line, which operated services between Germany and Australia. The ship was seized by Australia in Melbourne at the commencement of WW1, renamed Barambah and used as a troop transport belonging to the Australian Commonwealth Government Line of Steamers. The ship’s final voyage from Australia to England was in 1925 having been sold and renamed SS Justin. Barambah was the name given to an Aboriginal mission town in Queensland (now Cherbourg), and means “source of the western wind”. There are two park benches, a picnic table. a level grassed area and an attractive 3m high rock face in this reserve. There are four parks and a garden in Barcoo Street:
18 and 34 Barambah St, Roseville
This iconic North Shore landmark has hosted a multitude of events including horse shows, dog shows, circuses, markets, fireworks displays, car shows, trailwalks, cross-country events, sports training and competitions.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Mainly flat playing field with views to the Ocean. The reserve also contains remnant vegetation, which is looked after by a team of dedicated bushcare volunteers.
Hugh Bamford Reserve Miltary Road (north of the golf club) North Bondi 2026
The park named after Victor Trumper is caters for cricket as well as Australian Rules and athletics. A series of walking trails connect surrounding streets.
Trumper Park Oval,Hampden Street, Paddington
Hurley Reserve is located in Matraville at the end of Hurley Cresent and Wilkes Avenue. It offers a children’s playground with swings, a bucket seat, climbing area, jungle gym, monkey bars, slide, spring animal and softfall flooring. It includes seating and plenty of natural shade and green grass for casual play.
2R Hurley Crescent , Matraville
East Lindfield Community Hall is a beautiful, modern venue for group meetings, parties and indoor activities (e.g. dance classes and martial arts programs). It can accommodate up to 150 people and has a stage with PA and sound system; kitchen with fridge and oven; and an enclosed grass area.
9 Wellington Road East Lindfield Australia
This unique playground uses the existing landform as an integral part of the play environment. ‘Tiny tot’ equipment on the upper level is connected to junior equipment on the lower level via a landscaped embankment slide and rubber steps. The play area is flanked by beds of brightly flowering plants, a feature picked up in the details and colours of the custom designed equipment. This bright and sunny playground with spectacular views over middle harbour is a great winter play destination for young children.
Fifth Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf and synthetic wickets plus two practice nets for cricket, floodlit tennis courts, rugby fields and playground at Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
62a Tryon Road, East Lindfield
To reach this park, walk down the path at the end of Hotham Street through the bamboo jungle. There are 3 picnic table setting, a park bench, a set of swing and an embankment slide along with landscapes gardens. The playground is very shady due to the proximity of trees and surrounding buildings.
Hotham Street Reserve ,Hotham Street, Chatswood