Kenneth Slessor Park is named after the renowned Australian poet and journalist, Kenneth Slessor (1901-71), who lived nearby at several houses along Pacific Highway in Chatswood for the early and later part of his life. Originally called Western Park, the park has western views to the Blue Mountains and was part of the Fuller Estate. The land was purchased by Council in 1931.
Kenneth Slessor Park features large Hoop Pines and Date Palms, as well as grassed terraces. The park can be used as a meeting point for people starting or finishing the “Railway to River” walk which is a 7 km return walk from Chatswood Railway Station and the CBD to the Lane Cove River. It is also part of the “Ferndale Loop” which is a shorter walk of 3km. See Bushwalk Tracks for more information.