This historic park caters for sports such as netball, softball, cricket and training for rugby and soccer. A popular location for other leisure activities such as walking and jogging.
Located on Jenner Street, part of the Prince Henry precinct in Little Bay, this reserve is also known locally as Macartney Oval. It is a large park, ideal for sport and recreation alike, and also has seating and a playground for toddlers.
5R Jenner Street, Little Bay NSW 2036
Macartney Reserve – Little Bay
These form integral parts of an open space corridor that extends from Newlands Park in Lane Cove, south to the harbour foreshore. Smoothey Park is a mix of European style parkland and natural bushland areas, while the many vegetation communities in Gore Cove Reserve provide habitat for a diverse range of wildlife.
Milray Avenue Wollstonecraft New South Wales 2065
Smoothey Park & Gore Cove Reserve – Wollstonecraft
Named after Erik Carlson, (1917-2001) resident of Middle Harbour Ward. His contribution to improving the living environment of Willoughby City will be long remembered; an example being this land acquired in 1989 to mitigate local flooding and to develop as public open space. A rocky channel runs through the park to help direct stormwater.
Carlson Park, Carlson Park 150 High St, North Willoughby
Carlson Park – North Willoughby
This is a beautifully shaded park with well separated play areas for seniors and juniors. The custom-designed senior equipment is challenging and suited to teenagers. The junior play area has a variety of equipment with some suited to toddlers and some for users up to 10 years.
Warwick Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Green Park – Cremone
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
Chatswood Park – Chatswood
Elphinstone Reserve is a large open green space reserve with park seating. It is circled by a large footpath and junior bike track and has scattered mature trees for shade. In the front corner of the park is a small, fully fenced tiered space similar to a small amphitheatre, with park bench seating and a small gazebo for shade.
5R Elphinstone Road, South Coogee
Elphinstone Road Reserve – South Coogee
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Artarmon Park,Cleland Rd, Artarmon
Artarmon Park – Artarmon
Named after the aboriginal word for “beauty”. The park was acquired in 1942 from the Estate of Joseph Charles Tricker, builder, who lived in the adjoining house ‘Goulburn Grange’, which was built in 1907. The park contains remnant native ridge-top trees of Blackbutt and Turpentine which provide plenty of shade. There are three covered picnic tables, a double plated BBQ and a playground in the park.
Lowanna Park, Greville Street and Fullers Road, Chatswood
Lowanna Park – Chatswood
To reach this park, walk down the path at the end of Hotham Street through the bamboo jungle. There are 3 picnic table setting, a park bench, a set of swing and an embankment slide along with landscapes gardens. The playground is very shady due to the proximity of trees and surrounding buildings.
Hotham Street Reserve ,Hotham Street, Chatswood
Hotham Street Reserve – Chatswood
Muston Park is named after William Thomas Muston, the original owner of the land and Mayor of Willoughby 1890. His home ‘Penshurst’ stood in the middle of the land which was subdivided and sold in 1921. In 1926 the Council purchased the land from Joseph Knight Smith, owner of Willoughby Hotel, and created a public park. The ‘Penshurst’ entry gates were re-located to Willoughby Park.
Muston Park, Penshurst Street, Chatswood
Muston Park – Chatswood
Situated on the corner of Mona Vale and Rosedale Roads, this small meeting room is perfect for group meetings and classes, with tables and chairs, fridge and whiteboard. Available for bookings every day, 7am – 11pm
207 Mona Vale Road St Ives Australia
Ku-ring-gai Community Groups Meeting Room – St Ives
Located on the upper tier of Waverton Park, Merrett Playground is set beneath two fabulous native trees and offers visitors lovely views across Sydney Harbour. The playground has a ‘service station’ theme; with an easily accessible pathway and ‘road’ system, a spring-mounted car, and a level play area with petrol bowsers, a mechanics workshop and a candy shop. Also featuring a large deck, tunnel slides and an arm-power swing, this popular playground caters to children of all ages and abilities.
cnr Woolcott Street and Woolcott Avenue Waverton New South Wales 2060
Waverton Park – Waverton
Multi-purpose sports facility with synthetic wicket and two practice nets for cricket, soccer fields, two tennis courts, playground and BBQ
End of Bromborough Road Roseville Australia
Loyal Henry Park – Roseville
The newly expanded Cameron Park was opened in March 2017 and features open grassy areas, plentiful shade from trees, a multipurpose paved area with outdoor table tennis table and picnic facilities, a self-cleaning, accessible public toilet, as well as brand new seating, fencing, pathways and lighting.
Corner Eastern Road and Gilroy Road Turramurra Australia
Cameron Park – Turramurra
Sutherland Park is named after the Hon. John Sutherland (1816-1889), Secretary for Public Works at the time of the building of the railway. Born in Scotland, he paid his passage to NSW in 1838 and worked as a builder, grazier, businessman and politician. He was Mayor of the Municipal Council of Sydney in 1861, and Member of NSW Parliament 1860-1889.
Sutherland Park, Sutherland Road, Chatswood
Sutherland Park – Chatswood
The park is perched on top of the ocean cliffs, providing sweeping views to the ocean and Sydney Harbour. The venue has three football fields used for rugby union, soccer and touch football and one hockey field, (No. 4). One of the ovals, (No. 1), has lights for night training. The park also has three cricket wickets for summer use.
Christison Park, Old South Head Road, Vaucluse.
Christison Park – Vaucluse
The Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden is located on 123 hectares of tranquil bushland on the edge of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. It features six walking tracks, picnic areas with BBQs, a playground and a function centre.
420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden – St Ives
Perfect for family functions, meetings and indoor sports activities. East Roseville Community Hall can accommodate up to 120 people. The hall is fully equipped with kitchen, toilets with disabled access, air conditioning, and a newly refurbished outdoor playground.
6 Babbage Road Roseville Australia
Roseville Chase Memorial Community Centre Hall – Roseville
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
Auluba Ovals 1 and 2 – South Turramurra
The Sydney Morning Herald on 20 October 1854 said it was: A pretty marine villa with commanding views of Port Jackson. Built in the first half of the 19th century, it was acquired by North Sydney Council in 1979 and converted into a local history museum, and is one of Council’s premier historical sites open to the public. It is a rare example of an early timber slab house nestled in a remnant Victorian garden. Featuring the history of the house and its former occupants, Don Bank’s displays focus on social history and our changing times.
6 Napier St, North Sydney, 2060
Don Bank Museum – North Sydney
Turramurra Seniors Centre / Community Hall is perfect for small functions and group meetings, with air conditioning, kitchen and projector screen. This hall can accomodate up to 70 people. Available to book every day, 7am – midnight.
1 Gilroy Road Turramurra Australia
Turramurra Seniors Centre / Community Hall – Turramurra
Named after Charles Wickham (1869-1936), local resident and skilled gardener. Charles was the ‘guiding genius’ of the gardens on the Village Green at Artarmon Railway Station. The gardens were first established by the Artarmon Progress Association in 1928. As a volunteer he made the gardens into his retirement hobby, eventually being employed by Council. During 1983-1990 three blocks of land in White Street were acquired by Council for open space in response to Artarmon becoming a more populated suburb. Landscape improvements were completed in 2007.
Wickham Park, White Street, Artarmon
Wickham Park – Artarmon
Frank Doyle Park is a small corner park in on Randwick Street, Randwick. It is has two levels, with the upper level containing open green space and seating. The lower level is fully fenced and contains a playground.
2-10R Randwick Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Frank Doyle Park – Randwick
Stuart Street Reserve, Blakehurst is classified as district green space, which was part of original 120 acres granted to William Fitzpatrick. The land was purchased by Father John Joseph Therry in 1837. In 1877 most of this land was subdivided and auctioned as the Georgeton (sometimes Georgetown) Estate.
Stuart Street , Blakehurst
Stuart Street Reserve – Blakehurst
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf and synthetic wickets plus two practice nets for cricket, floodlit tennis courts, rugby fields and playground at Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
62a Tryon Road, East Lindfield
Lindfield Oval – East Lindfield
One of Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation facilities, Bicentennial Park is home to Ku-ring-gai Fitness and Aquatic Centre and West Pymble Bowling and Sports Club, and plays host to many community events including Carols in the Park and Australia Day.
Corner Lofberg Road and Yanko Road West Pymble Australia
Bicentennial Park – West Pymble
Prior to European settlement and well into the 19th century the Quibaree Clan, part of the larger Kuringgai Tribe, frequented Lavender Bay. In 1805 Robert Campbell purchased a large section of land on the waterfront of the North Shore, and James Milson settled on this land in 1806. During the 1850s, subdivision and sale led to increased settlement in the Lavender Bay and Milsons Point area.
Lavender Crescent Lavender Bay New South Wales 2060 Australia
Lavender Bay Parklands – Lavender Bay
Beauchamp Park is situated in the upper park of the Scotts Creek sub-catchment.
Beauchamp Park, Nicholson Street, Chatswood
Beauchamp Park – Chatswood
This park located on the corner of Middle Street and Jane Street, Randwick, features grassed and paved areas, along with barbecue facilities, picnic tables and seating. The park is named after the first Mayor of Randwick City, Simeon Pearce.
121-123R Middle Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Simeon Pearce Park – Randwick
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Carss Bush Park – Carss Park
Bundock Park is located directly adjacent to Clovelly Beach. On the southern side of the beach you will find an amenities building, beach inspectors’ office, the Sea Salt Cafe, picnic shelters, BBQs and external showers. A children’s playground is located in a small grassed area behind the beach. There are also several small, grassed picnic areas, many of which are enclosed by mature native planting. On the northern side of the bay there are formal pathways, picnic shelters, BBQs, and extensive plantings of native trees and shrubs. The Coastal Walkway runs through the park and it is popular with walkers and joggers.
3-25R Eastbourne Avenue, Clovelly NSW 2031
Bundock Park – Clovelly
Watt Park Playground is a traditional heritage style playground reminiscent of North Sydney’s original playgrounds. It caters for a wide age range of children in an environment that is pleasant and relaxing for carers. It is a very cool and shady playground ideal for summer use and incorporates a roundabout, seesaw, swings, spring-mounted boat and embankment slides.
Lavender Crescent McMahons Point New South Wales 2060
Watt Park – McMahons Point
Pleasant picnic location with lawns and shade. Divided by Tamarama Marine Drive: West section is a large open area with a shady gully; the smaller Eastern section contains the listed facilities.
Tamarama Park, Tamarama Marine Drive ,Tamarama 2026
Tamarama Park – Tamarama
This colourful playground is open for general public use outside of the Holdsworth Community Centre & Services hours of opening. Please contact the Centre for more details on 9302 3680.
Holdsworth Street Playground,Holdsworth Street Community Centre, 64 Holdsworth Street, Woollahra
Holdsworth Street Playground – Woollahra
Named after Alderman William Cleland junior, Mayor of Willoughby (1906-07) and first president of the School of Arts. He lived in Abbott Road where the Artarmon Public School now stands. The land was intended to be the site of the Council Chambers, as it was elevated and central to the newly created Municipality of North Willoughby in 1865, however when Chatswood Town Hall was opened in 1903 the land became redundant. At the urging of Cleland, it was declared a public park in 1908. Tennis courts have been operating in the park since 1920. You can see the list, what they can be used for, and which clubs use them. More information about local tennis courts is available in pdf format Tennis in the city of Willoughby. A carpark for approximately twenty cars and a Guides Hall (Artarmon District Guides) are also located in the park.
Cleland Park, Barton Roads, Artarmon
Cleland Park – Artarmon