Multi-purpose sports facility with turf and synthetic wickets plus two practice nets for cricket, floodlit tennis courts, rugby fields and playground at Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
62a Tryon Road, East Lindfield
Lindfield Oval – East Lindfield
Situated in the hub of St Ives, this large hall can accommodate up to 300 people and comes equipped with a stage, full kitchen and disabled access. Great for family functions such as birthdays and reunions, also indoor sports activities. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Memorial Avenue St Ives Australia
St Ives Community Hall – St Ives
Sexton’s Cottage, once used for laying out bodies prior to burial, was restored and turned into a museum in 1984. in 2017 it underwent undergone a major renovation. It houses resources for researching the history of the cemetery and those buried there. Exciting new attractions include a striking reproduction mourning dress and mourning jewellery.
250 West St, Crows Nest
Sexton’s Cottage Museum – Crows Nest
The Pool complex (Pool & Gym & Creche) allows everyone to combine swimming with other leisure or fitness pursuits in the one spectacular location overlooking Sydney Harbour, next door to Luna Park and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Customers can pay per-visit or choose a membership package of fees in order to enjoy the heated swimming facilities and full use of the gymnasium, spa and sauna.
4 Alfred St S, Milsons Point NSW 2061, Australia
North Sydney Olympic Pool – Milsons Point
Hurley Reserve is located in Matraville at the end of Hurley Cresent and Wilkes Avenue. It offers a children’s playground with swings, a bucket seat, climbing area, jungle gym, monkey bars, slide, spring animal and softfall flooring. It includes seating and plenty of natural shade and green grass for casual play.
2R Hurley Crescent , Matraville
Hurley Reserve – Matraville
Located off Todman Avenue Kensington on Brompton Road within the private Raleigh Park Estate, this publicly-accessible park features large open grassed areas which are well used by local residents. The park is maintained by the Raleigh Park Community Association.
2-10R Brompton Road, Kensington NSW 2033
Raleigh Park – Kensington
Elphinstone Reserve is a large open green space reserve with park seating. It is circled by a large footpath and junior bike track and has scattered mature trees for shade. In the front corner of the park is a small, fully fenced tiered space similar to a small amphitheatre, with park bench seating and a small gazebo for shade.
5R Elphinstone Road, South Coogee
Elphinstone Road Reserve – South Coogee
These form integral parts of an open space corridor that extends from Newlands Park in Lane Cove, south to the harbour foreshore. Smoothey Park is a mix of European style parkland and natural bushland areas, while the many vegetation communities in Gore Cove Reserve provide habitat for a diverse range of wildlife.
Milray Avenue Wollstonecraft New South Wales 2065
Smoothey Park & Gore Cove Reserve – Wollstonecraft
Sandy Bay lies immediately north of Clontarf with Sandy Bay Road providing access to the bay. The 120m wide bay is very sheltered and faces southeast toward The Spit just 500 m away. It has a low, narrow, curving 150 m long high tide beach (SH 17) fronted by intertidal sand flats up to 200 m wide, which fills most of the bay. The road runs around the rear of the beach, terminating at the northern end of the bay, with a small creek draining to the centre. Boats are moored off the sand flats.
Sandy Bay Road Clontarf NSW 2093
Sandy Bay – Clontarf
Tantallon Oval is an award-winning oval located on the corner of Epping Road & Tantallon Road. This is a public oval & surrounded with parkland.
Tantallon Oval Tantallon Rd & Epping Road, Lane Cove North NSW 2066, Australia
Tantallon Oval – Lane Cove North
Take advantage of this great open space adjacent to Roseville Golf Club for a game of cricket on the turf wicket or some rugby on the playing field
Ormonde Road Roseville Australia
Roseville Chase Oval – Roseville
Located in the centre of Watsons Bay, Robertson Park provides a significant tourist destination for local residents and visitors from Australia and overseas.
Robertson Park, Marine Parade, Watsons Bay
Robertson Park – Watsons Bay
Bicentennial Reserve is named after the Bicentenary of Australia 1788-1988. The land was claimed in 1933 as a ‘garbage destructor and sewerage dump’ for the community’s waste. In 1934 the reverberatory incinerator designed by Walter Burley Griffin opened and material from the waste operation was used to fill the Flat Rock Creek valley and create level areas for playing fields. After 1983 more fill was added to create a regional park.
Bicentennial Reserve,Small Street, Willoughby
Bicentennial Reserve – Willoughby
Fitting comfortably in the corner of Fred Hutley Reserve, this playground has stroller access from Palmer Street. It is surrounded by a low timber retaining wall which functions as both the playground edge and informal seating for parents and carers. Behind this wall, landscaped mounds create a physical barrier between children and the street and soften and screen the playground, creating a relaxed and intimate atmosphere with a range of equipment including a triple embankment slide, spinning poles, traditional roundabout, cable climb structure and swings.
Hamilton Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Fred Hutley Reserve Park – Cammeray
Maroubra Skate Park is located within Arthur Byrne Reserve, adjacent to Maroubra Beach. It has approximately 1,100 square metres of skateable area. The design caters for both street and professional skaters, children and adults.
3R Marine Parade, Maroubra
Maroubra Skate Park – Maroubra
This is a beautifully shaded park with well separated play areas for seniors and juniors. The custom-designed senior equipment is challenging and suited to teenagers. The junior play area has a variety of equipment with some suited to toddlers and some for users up to 10 years.
Warwick Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Green Park – Cremone
Moore Reserve is an open space area in the Oatley District comprising approximately 14 hectares bordering on the suburbs of Oatley and Hurstville Grove in Southern Sydney. The reserve is a former municipal garbage tip that has been converted into reclaimed grass fields with recreational facilities and an artificial wetland area.
West Cr, Hurstville Grove
Moore Reserve – Hurstville Grove
Named after Ardthelmon Castle (pronounced Art-e-mon), the Irish home of William Gore (1765-1845) who was Provost-Marshal under Governor Bligh in the Rum Rebellion of 1808. Gore was granted 150 acres in 1810 from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Station. In 1869 at the request of Council, the NSW Government set aside 140 acres of the land as a public reserve; now only 17 acres (9.5 hectares) remain. The remnant bushland in this reserve contains distinctive flora where Wianamatta Shale soils meet Hawkesbury Sandstone soils. In 1913 the reserve was dedicated as a park under the care, control and management of Willoughby Council.
Artarmon Reserve,Burra Road, Artarmon
Artarmon Reserve – Artarmon
To reach this park, walk down the path at the end of Hotham Street through the bamboo jungle. There are 3 picnic table setting, a park bench, a set of swing and an embankment slide along with landscapes gardens. The playground is very shady due to the proximity of trees and surrounding buildings.
Hotham Street Reserve ,Hotham Street, Chatswood
Hotham Street Reserve – Chatswood
Predominantly a facility for younger users, this playground capitalises on the existing trees as integral parts of the play space; creating child-scale play gardens. The playground is subtly divided into separate play spaces connected by colourful stepping stone pathways, low level bridges, quiet sitting areas dotted with giant rubber toadstools, and a range of ground level activities. Out in the main play area a central deck structure offers slides and a cubby area while a four-person spring-mounted pony rocker and a giant spinning teacup offer fun activities for small groups. Small sculptures scattered around the gardens offer wonderful ‘discoveries’ for the youngsters.
oung Street Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Grasmere Children’s Park – Cremorne
One of Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation facilities, Bicentennial Park is home to Ku-ring-gai Fitness and Aquatic Centre and West Pymble Bowling and Sports Club, and plays host to many community events including Carols in the Park and Australia Day.
Corner Lofberg Road and Yanko Road West Pymble Australia
Bicentennial Park – West Pymble
Perfect for family functions, meetings and indoor sports activities. East Roseville Community Hall can accommodate up to 120 people. The hall is fully equipped with kitchen, toilets with disabled access, air conditioning, and a newly refurbished outdoor playground.
6 Babbage Road Roseville Australia
Roseville Chase Memorial Community Centre Hall – Roseville
Tucked away between Terrigal and Avoca Beach, this is also the ideal location for a beach walk. Although patrolled, visitors are warned to keep an eye out for rips generally located in the northern end. There is a popular dog walking area between Avoca & North Avoca Beaches.
North Avoca Parade, NORTH AVOCA NSW 2260
North Avoca – North Avoca
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
Chatswood Park – Chatswood
Named after Alderman William Cleland junior, Mayor of Willoughby (1906-07) and first president of the School of Arts. He lived in Abbott Road where the Artarmon Public School now stands. The land was intended to be the site of the Council Chambers, as it was elevated and central to the newly created Municipality of North Willoughby in 1865, however when Chatswood Town Hall was opened in 1903 the land became redundant. At the urging of Cleland, it was declared a public park in 1908. Tennis courts have been operating in the park since 1920. You can see the list, what they can be used for, and which clubs use them. More information about local tennis courts is available in pdf format Tennis in the city of Willoughby. A carpark for approximately twenty cars and a Guides Hall (Artarmon District Guides) are also located in the park.
Cleland Park, Barton Roads, Artarmon
Cleland Park – Artarmon
Enjoy a relaxed Sunday morning game with friends or get private lessons from the pros at Gordon Golf Course. Italian restaurant, clubhouse and venue hire also available. Gordon Golf Course, including all services and facilities, remains open. For information and bookings visit the Gordon Golf Course website.
6 Lynn Ridge Avenue Gordon Australia
Gordon Golf Course – Gordon