Come & discover Myer Park Adamstown NSW 2289.
HAs Facilities:Toilets, Playground, Canteen, Dressing Sheds, Floodlights
Features:Football (Soccer) Field, Cricket Field (Synthetic Wicket)
Activity:Class – Local
Address:Melville Road, Adamstown 2289
Coast Hospital Memorial Park (also known as Pine Avenue Reserve) in Little Bay, is a large open park space with masses of grass, mature Pine trees and views out to beautiful Little Bay and beyond.
21R Pine Avenue, Little Bay NSW 2036
One of Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation facilities, Bicentennial Park is home to Ku-ring-gai Fitness and Aquatic Centre and West Pymble Bowling and Sports Club, and plays host to many community events including Carols in the Park and Australia Day.
Corner Lofberg Road and Yanko Road West Pymble Australia
Hurley Reserve is located in Matraville at the end of Hurley Cresent and Wilkes Avenue. It offers a children’s playground with swings, a bucket seat, climbing area, jungle gym, monkey bars, slide, spring animal and softfall flooring. It includes seating and plenty of natural shade and green grass for casual play.
2R Hurley Crescent , Matraville
Spooner Park is located on the northern side of Jubilee Avenue and represents a green island space inbetween an existing triangle of Battye, Ferry and Jubilee Avenues in Beverley Park. It is a local park adjacent to the Beverley Park Golf Course, and part of the original wetland corridor flowing into Kogarah Bay.
Spooner Park Jubilee Ave Beverley Park NSW 2217 Australia
Neptune Park is a small grassed reserve located in between Grant Reserve and Trenerry Reserve along the Coastal Walkway south of Coogee Beach. There are no facilities here. Keep heading south for the dog-friendly Trenerry Reserve or further north for the playgrounds, ocean pools, cafes and buzz of Coogee Beach.
21-31R Neptune Street, Coogee NSW 2034
Sydney Harbour National Park. Remnant bushland, birdwatching, spotlighting, views of the city and harbour, bushwalking track to Rawson Oval.
Adjoining Clifton Gardens Reserve, Morella Road, Mosman
Named after Gregory Bartels, AM (1926-2015), who served on Willoughby City Council from 1983-1993, as Alderman, Deputy Mayor (1985-87, 1989 -91) and as Mayor (1991-93). He devoted much of his life to public service, including Patron, Chairman, Member and Director of many community groups. The land was acquired by Council in 1948. It was previously known as Edgar Street Reserve.
Edgar Street Chatswood
This colourful playground is open for general public use outside of the Holdsworth Community Centre & Services hours of opening. Please contact the Centre for more details on 9302 3680.
Holdsworth Street Playground,Holdsworth Street Community Centre, 64 Holdsworth Street, Woollahra
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Artarmon Park,Cleland Rd, Artarmon
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
Named after Alderman William Cleland junior, Mayor of Willoughby (1906-07) and first president of the School of Arts. He lived in Abbott Road where the Artarmon Public School now stands. The land was intended to be the site of the Council Chambers, as it was elevated and central to the newly created Municipality of North Willoughby in 1865, however when Chatswood Town Hall was opened in 1903 the land became redundant. At the urging of Cleland, it was declared a public park in 1908. Tennis courts have been operating in the park since 1920. You can see the list, what they can be used for, and which clubs use them. More information about local tennis courts is available in pdf format Tennis in the city of Willoughby. A carpark for approximately twenty cars and a Guides Hall (Artarmon District Guides) are also located in the park.
Cleland Park, Barton Roads, Artarmon
Talus Street Reserve is at the headwater of Flat Rock Creek. A path with night lighting runs through the reserve, and the southern end of the park is just a few minutes walk from St Leonards railway station.
Talus Street Reserve, Talus Street, Naremburn
The park has a playground and good views of the city and the local yachts. There is a restaurant and kiosk in nearby Rushcutters Bay Park. Popular vantage point for New Year’s Eve.
Yarranabbe Park, New Beach Road, Darling Point.
A lovely shaded park in the heart of Kensington located on the corner of Duke Street and Balfour Road. The park includes a fenced playground, interactive play equipment, a small bicycle track and a large open grassed area set below Balfour Street.
43R Duke Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Origin of the name Naremburn is unknown, but is attributed to either the aboriginal words ‘narra burren’ for ‘forked creek’, or the Scottish ‘near a burn’.
Park Road/Station Street, Naremburn
Burnie Park is like a hidden oasis in Clovelly. Close to Clovelly Beach, the park includes a fun, interactive, children’s playground complete with large wooden jungle gym, see-saw, swings, a baby bucket swing, low height flying fox and a protective shade structure. There is something for all children of all ages to enjoy.
1R Burnie Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Great facility for cricket with both turf and synthetic wickets and three practice nets, along with rugby and soccer playing fields plus exercise equipment
26a Koola Avenue East Killara Australia
Burrows Park is located to the south of Waverley Cemetery. You can reach it via Ocean Street or by the walkway from Clovelly Beach or Bundock Park. The park is bounded to the east by an area of remnant vegetation and to the south by the cliff top at the edge of Clovelly Bay. There are spectacular views along the coastline in all directions from this high vantage point. The park marks the beginning of the Eastern Beaches Coastal Walk within the Randwick City Council area. Further north, the walkway continues towards Bondi Beach. The wide pathways are in regular use by walkers and joggers. The park features a free outdoor gym which was opened in August 2014. Clovelly Bowling Club is located within the park. The park also includes a sportsfield.
1-11 Ocean Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
HMAT Barambah (formerly the SS Hobart) was a steamship built in 1912 for the Deutsche-Australische line, which operated services between Germany and Australia. The ship was seized by Australia in Melbourne at the commencement of WW1, renamed Barambah and used as a troop transport belonging to the Australian Commonwealth Government Line of Steamers. The ship’s final voyage from Australia to England was in 1925 having been sold and renamed SS Justin. Barambah was the name given to an Aboriginal mission town in Queensland (now Cherbourg), and means “source of the western wind”. There are two park benches, a picnic table. a level grassed area and an attractive 3m high rock face in this reserve. There are four parks and a garden in Barcoo Street:
18 and 34 Barambah St, Roseville
Located between Ascot Street and Goodwood Street in Kensington, Kokoda Park is named in honour of those heroic soldiers who served and lost their lives on the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea during World War II. The park has a large grassed area and features a memorial pathway leading to a monument. The path is a symbolic representation of the Kokoda Track. The park also includes a fenced junior playground. Grab a coffee from a café on nearby Anzac Parade and wind down in the tranquil environment.
2R Goodwood Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Tucked away between Terrigal and Avoca Beach, this is also the ideal location for a beach walk. Although patrolled, visitors are warned to keep an eye out for rips generally located in the northern end. There is a popular dog walking area between Avoca & North Avoca Beaches.
North Avoca Parade, NORTH AVOCA NSW 2260
Oatley Memorial Gardens offers a pleasant outdoor area for residents and visitors near the centre of Oatley Village. Located between Oatley Parade and Oatley Avenue, south of Hurstville Road, the Gardens are a green gateway into the centre of Oatley Village.
Oatley Ave, Oatley
To reach this park, walk down the path at the end of Hotham Street through the bamboo jungle. There are 3 picnic table setting, a park bench, a set of swing and an embankment slide along with landscapes gardens. The playground is very shady due to the proximity of trees and surrounding buildings.
Hotham Street Reserve ,Hotham Street, Chatswood
This is a beautifully shaded park with well separated play areas for seniors and juniors. The custom-designed senior equipment is challenging and suited to teenagers. The junior play area has a variety of equipment with some suited to toddlers and some for users up to 10 years.
Warwick Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Sexton’s Cottage, once used for laying out bodies prior to burial, was restored and turned into a museum in 1984. in 2017 it underwent undergone a major renovation. It houses resources for researching the history of the cemetery and those buried there. Exciting new attractions include a striking reproduction mourning dress and mourning jewellery.
250 West St, Crows Nest
These form integral parts of an open space corridor that extends from Newlands Park in Lane Cove, south to the harbour foreshore. Smoothey Park is a mix of European style parkland and natural bushland areas, while the many vegetation communities in Gore Cove Reserve provide habitat for a diverse range of wildlife.
Milray Avenue Wollstonecraft New South Wales 2065
Bicentennial Reserve is named after the Bicentenary of Australia 1788-1988. The land was claimed in 1933 as a ‘garbage destructor and sewerage dump’ for the community’s waste. In 1934 the reverberatory incinerator designed by Walter Burley Griffin opened and material from the waste operation was used to fill the Flat Rock Creek valley and create level areas for playing fields. After 1983 more fill was added to create a regional park.
Bicentennial Reserve,Small Street, Willoughby
Wassell Street Reserve is located in Matraville. It has a fenced children’s playground fronting Wassell Street. The reserve is located between residential properties and adjoins local market gardens.
20R Wassell Street, Matraville
Conveniently located close to transport and shops, this venue is perfect for meetings, classes and small parties. It can accommodate up to 60 people and has a piano and projector with screen. Available to hire Sunday – Thursday 7am to 11pm, and Friday to Saturday 7am to midnight.
259 Pacific Highway Lindfield Australia
Part of the Randwick Community Centre site, this Reserve has bike racks and picnic facilities – perfect for a fun day out with the family. While you’re out and about, check out the nearby Environment Park.
21-29 Munda Street, Randwick NSW 2031
The Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden is located on 123 hectares of tranquil bushland on the edge of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. It features six walking tracks, picnic areas with BBQs, a playground and a function centre.
420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Since opening in 1995, Mary MacKillop Place Museum has been engaging visitors with an interactive display that recreates the story of Australia’s first Saint, Mary MacKillop and the co-founder of the order of the Sisters of St Joseph, Fr Julian Tenison Woods.
7-11 Mount Street North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia