A narrow, grassed reserve located alongside Dolphin Street. The main feature of the reserve is the Alby Smith Memorial playground which was upgraded in 2013 and features a flying fox. The Coogee Scout Hall and Coogee Community Garden is located further east on Dolphin Street towards Coogee Beach.
45-47R Dolphin Street, Coogee
Alby Smith Memorial Reserve – Coogee
The park is perched on top of the ocean cliffs, providing sweeping views to the ocean and Sydney Harbour. The venue has three football fields used for rugby union, soccer and touch football and one hockey field, (No. 4). One of the ovals, (No. 1), has lights for night training. The park also has three cricket wickets for summer use.
Christison Park, Old South Head Road, Vaucluse.
Christison Park – Vaucluse
With a capacity of up to 100 people, West Lindfield Community Hall is great for group meetings and family functions indoor sport activities. It has a fully-equipped kitchen, air conditioning and fantastic outdoor playground for the kids. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Bradfield Road Australia
West Lindfield Community Hall – West Lindfield
Elphinstone Reserve is a large open green space reserve with park seating. It is circled by a large footpath and junior bike track and has scattered mature trees for shade. In the front corner of the park is a small, fully fenced tiered space similar to a small amphitheatre, with park bench seating and a small gazebo for shade.
5R Elphinstone Road, South Coogee
Elphinstone Road Reserve – South Coogee
Sandy Bay lies immediately north of Clontarf with Sandy Bay Road providing access to the bay. The 120m wide bay is very sheltered and faces southeast toward The Spit just 500 m away. It has a low, narrow, curving 150 m long high tide beach (SH 17) fronted by intertidal sand flats up to 200 m wide, which fills most of the bay. The road runs around the rear of the beach, terminating at the northern end of the bay, with a small creek draining to the centre. Boats are moored off the sand flats.
Sandy Bay Road Clontarf NSW 2093
Sandy Bay – Clontarf
Alison Park is a beautiful, civic park located off Alison Road, Randwick between the town centre and the Randwick Council Administration Building. On The Avenue side, it is lined by beautiful historic fig trees and it is a quiet sanctuary away from the Belmore Road shopping strip. The park features a playground, a large flat grassed area great for ball games, public toilets, street banner poles and public art. A childcare centre is located in the park off Frances Street.
194R Alison Road, Randwick NSW 2031
Alison Park – Randwick
One of Ku-ring-gai’s biggest and most beautiful sports and recreation spots, with soccer fields, baseball diamonds, mountain bike park, BBQ and playground overlooking bushland
Esk Street Wahroonga Australia
Golden Jubilee Field – Wahroonga
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, athletics track, four tennis courts, soccer/rugby field, exercise equipment, playground and clubhouse
Eastern Road Turramurra Australia
Turramurra Memorial Park – Turramurra
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
Auluba Ovals 1 and 2 – South Turramurra
St Ives Showground is Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation venue with equestrian and dog training rings, soccer field, BMX riding facilities, BBQs and picnic tables.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
St Ives Showground – St Ives
Part of the Randwick Community Centre site, this Reserve has bike racks and picnic facilities – perfect for a fun day out with the family. While you’re out and about, check out the nearby Environment Park.
21-29 Munda Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Munda Street Reserve – Randwick
Govett Reserve is a triangular parcel of land that contains a fenced and shaded playground. The playground includes a slide, swings, climbing structure and a see-saw.
22R Govett Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Govett Reserve – Randwick
Mainly playing fields. This park is not administered by Waverley Council. For bookings and other information, please contact the Centennial and Moore Park Trust on 9339 6699.
Queens Park Corner of Darley and York Rd Queens Park 2022
Queens Park – Queens Park
Bicentennial Reserve is named after the Bicentenary of Australia 1788-1988. The land was claimed in 1933 as a ‘garbage destructor and sewerage dump’ for the community’s waste. In 1934 the reverberatory incinerator designed by Walter Burley Griffin opened and material from the waste operation was used to fill the Flat Rock Creek valley and create level areas for playing fields. After 1983 more fill was added to create a regional park.
Bicentennial Reserve,Small Street, Willoughby
Bicentennial Reserve – Willoughby
Named after Charles Wickham (1869-1936), local resident and skilled gardener. Charles was the ‘guiding genius’ of the gardens on the Village Green at Artarmon Railway Station. The gardens were first established by the Artarmon Progress Association in 1928. As a volunteer he made the gardens into his retirement hobby, eventually being employed by Council. During 1983-1990 three blocks of land in White Street were acquired by Council for open space in response to Artarmon becoming a more populated suburb. Landscape improvements were completed in 2007.
Wickham Park, White Street, Artarmon
Wickham Park – Artarmon
Harbourview Park is a cool leafy oasis in the centre of the intense residential development of Woollahra. Its mature trees provide a green canopy over much of the park. It is a pleasant “shortcut” on a walk from Bondi Junction to Double Bay.
Harbourview Park - Woollahra
Harbourview Park – Woollahra
Named after Ardthelmon Castle (pronounced Art-e-mon), the Irish home of William Gore (1765-1845) who was Provost-Marshal under Governor Bligh in the Rum Rebellion of 1808. Gore was granted 150 acres in 1810 from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Station. In 1869 at the request of Council, the NSW Government set aside 140 acres of the land as a public reserve; now only 17 acres (9.5 hectares) remain. The remnant bushland in this reserve contains distinctive flora where Wianamatta Shale soils meet Hawkesbury Sandstone soils. In 1913 the reserve was dedicated as a park under the care, control and management of Willoughby Council.
Artarmon Reserve,Burra Road, Artarmon
Artarmon Reserve – Artarmon
This multi-purpose facility boasts a synthetic wicket, three tennis courts, soccer field, playground, BBQ facilities and dog off-leash park, backing onto tranquil bushland
Warrimoo Avenue St Ives Australia
Warrimoo Oval – St Ives
Walter Williamson Park (previously Central Park), located on Cooper Street, Maroubra, is a large open space park offering grass and mature trees with natural shade. There is bench style seating located to watch the kids enjoy the playground and bike track, and plenty of room to kick around a ball or swing a bat.
28R Cooper Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Walter Williamson Park – Maroubra
Situated in the hub of St Ives, this large hall can accommodate up to 300 people and comes equipped with a stage, full kitchen and disabled access. Great for family functions such as birthdays and reunions, also indoor sports activities. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Memorial Avenue St Ives Australia
St Ives Community Hall – St Ives
Blackburn Gardens is a beautifully restored heritage garden and retains spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. The garden adjoins Murray Rose Pool (formerly Redleaf Pool) and Seven Shillings Beach. The garden features manicured lawn with a secret garden, sundial and water feature.
Blackburn Gardens ,New South Head Road, Double Bay
Blackburn Gardens – Double Bay
Watt Park Playground is a traditional heritage style playground reminiscent of North Sydney’s original playgrounds. It caters for a wide age range of children in an environment that is pleasant and relaxing for carers. It is a very cool and shady playground ideal for summer use and incorporates a roundabout, seesaw, swings, spring-mounted boat and embankment slides.
Lavender Crescent McMahons Point New South Wales 2060
Watt Park – McMahons Point
Tantallon Oval is an award-winning oval located on the corner of Epping Road & Tantallon Road. This is a public oval & surrounded with parkland.
Tantallon Oval Tantallon Rd & Epping Road, Lane Cove North NSW 2066, Australia
Tantallon Oval – Lane Cove North
This “T” shaped park with access from both Edgecliff Road and Fletcher Street has a nautical themed playground. There is climbing equipment, slides, swings and various activities to keep children amused.
Plumb Reserve,Fletcher Street and Edgecliff Road, Woollahra.
Plumb Reserve – Woollahra
Randwick Environment Park comprises 13 hectares of parkland, bushland and wetland. The bushland and wetland provides valuable habitat for native birds, lizards, frogs and mammals. More than 90 species of indigenous plants have been identified to date. The Park contains 3.6 hectares of Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub, an endangered ecological community, and is also home to the endangered Sunshine Wattle. The park, originally part of the Randwick Army Barracks, opened in 2010.
6R Argyle Crescent, Randwick NSW 2031
Randwick Environment Park – Randwick
Blackman Park is located in Lloyd Rees Drive (off Wood Street) Lane Cove West. This is a large Park located beside the Lane Cove River consisting of sporting grounds, picnic areas, large flat open space and river foreshore bushwalks. There is ample parking for up to 80 cars. In the Picnic area at the far end of the park there are wood BBQs and picnic tables and a small picnic shelter.
Blackman park Lloyd Rees Dr, Lane Cove West NSW 2066, Australia
Blackman Park – Lane Cove West
Located on Broome Street Maroubra, this reserve includes seating and a playground that was built in 2014. The new playground was partly funded, with a generous donation by the late Dr Lynn Joseph.
114R Broome Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Ocean View Reserve – Maroubra
This park is located on the corner of Botany Street and Rainbow Street, Randwick. It comprises a playground, dog exercise park, sports field as well as toilets and change rooms
187-203R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Paine Reserve – Randwick
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
Chatswood Park – Chatswood
Located in the centre of Watsons Bay, Robertson Park provides a significant tourist destination for local residents and visitors from Australia and overseas.
Robertson Park, Marine Parade, Watsons Bay
Robertson Park – Watsons Bay
Since opening in 1995, Mary MacKillop Place Museum has been engaging visitors with an interactive display that recreates the story of Australia’s first Saint, Mary MacKillop and the co-founder of the order of the Sisters of St Joseph, Fr Julian Tenison Woods.
7-11 Mount Street North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia
Mary MacKillop Place Museum – North Sydney
Hereward Reserve is located in Maroubra and offers an abundance of natural shade as well as a large children’s playground. The playground includes a large climbing frame, swings, a jungle gym and soft- fall flooring. There is also plenty of park seating under the natural shade to sit back and relax whilst watching your kids.
9R Hereward Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Hereward Reserve – Maroubra
The Sydney Morning Herald on 20 October 1854 said it was: A pretty marine villa with commanding views of Port Jackson. Built in the first half of the 19th century, it was acquired by North Sydney Council in 1979 and converted into a local history museum, and is one of Council’s premier historical sites open to the public. It is a rare example of an early timber slab house nestled in a remnant Victorian garden. Featuring the history of the house and its former occupants, Don Bank’s displays focus on social history and our changing times.
6 Napier St, North Sydney, 2060
Don Bank Museum – North Sydney
Euroka, Street Playground caters primarily to older children and incorporates many fitness and strength activities such as monkey bars, rope climbers and vertical wall climbers with more traditional activities such as slides, spinners and a spring-mounted skateboard. Fitness equipment including a stepper and stand-up swing invites adults to use the space as well. A low masonry wall provides a hang-out space adjacent to a rubber surfaced hand-ball court. The playground is set into a lush shaded location and provides a relaxed meeting space for both adults and local children.
Euroka Street Waverton New South Wales 2060
Euroka Street Park – Waverton
Warrane Reserve features an open grassed area with scattered trees and screen plantings of trees along its edges. A small bushland reserve separates the grass area from Eastern Valley Way.
Warrane Reserve,Warrane Road, Chatswood
Warrane Reserve – Chatswood
This colourful playground is open for general public use outside of the Holdsworth Community Centre & Services hours of opening. Please contact the Centre for more details on 9302 3680.
Holdsworth Street Playground,Holdsworth Street Community Centre, 64 Holdsworth Street, Woollahra
Holdsworth Street Playground – Woollahra
Multi-purpose sports facility with synthetic wicket and two practice nets for cricket, soccer fields, two tennis courts, playground and BBQ
End of Bromborough Road Roseville Australia
Loyal Henry Park – Roseville
Sydney Harbour National Park. Remnant bushland, birdwatching, spotlighting, views of the city and harbour, bushwalking track to Rawson Oval.
Adjoining Clifton Gardens Reserve, Morella Road, Mosman
Clifton Gardens – Mosman
The Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden is located on 123 hectares of tranquil bushland on the edge of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. It features six walking tracks, picnic areas with BBQs, a playground and a function centre.
420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden – St Ives