Parriwi Head Lighthouse, also known as Rosherville Light and Port Jackson Entrance Range Rear Light. Parriwi Head Light is an active lighthouse located just off Parriwi Road, near Rosherville Reserve on the south side of Middle Harbour in Mosman.
Parriwi Head Lighthouse was built in 1911 to serve as the rear range light for the Grotto Point Lighthouse into Port Jackson.
Grotto Point Light is located 1,550 m in front of Parriwi Head Light.
These two lights act as navigational beacons for ships entering Sydney Harbour. Vessels moving between North and South Heads line up the shorter lighthouse on Grotto Point with the taller rearward light at Parriwi.
- Height: 15 m
- Opened: 1911
- Range: 22,224 m
- Focal height: 43 m
It is one of four such lighthouses designed by architect Maurice Festu in a style now sometimes called “Disney Castle”, the others being Grotto Point Light, Vaucluse Bay Range Front Light and Vaucluse Bay Range Rear Light.
Lighthouse and bushland reserve with seating, lookout with views of Middle Harbour, rest area and street parking.
This about 1km easy stroll in the bush.
If you’re planning on heading over to Mosman then check out our blog post. 37 Fabulous Places To Visit In Mosman