Features / facilities: Walking track, playground, picnic facilities
Avonlea Drive, Carlingford
The newly expanded Cameron Park was opened in March 2017 and features open grassy areas, plentiful shade from trees, a multipurpose paved area with outdoor table tennis table and picnic facilities, a self-cleaning, accessible public toilet, as well as brand new seating, fencing, pathways and lighting.
Corner Eastern Road and Gilroy Road Turramurra Australia
The Village Green refers to the narrow park alongside Artarmon Station. It was originally part of the land put aside for the building of the North Shore Railway, and is now leased by Council from Railcorp. It was dedicated by Council on 21 September 1968, and a plaque with the following inscription was set into a large rock in the park to mark the event:
Artarmon Village GreenArtarmon Village Green,Artarmon Station, Hampden Road, Artarmon
The park is perched on top of the ocean cliffs, providing sweeping views to the ocean and Sydney Harbour. The venue has three football fields used for rugby union, soccer and touch football and one hockey field, (No. 4). One of the ovals, (No. 1), has lights for night training. The park also has three cricket wickets for summer use.
Christison Park, Old South Head Road, Vaucluse.
Thomson park is named after the Hon. Dugald Thomson (1848 -1922), the first Federal Member for North Sydney (1901-1910). He was a Free Trader and supported the railway line being extended from St Leonards to Milsons Point. The land was originally part of William Gore’s land grant of 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The land was acquired by the Council in 1925. The sportsground and children’s playground were developed in 1928.
Thomson Park, Reserve Rd, Artarmon
Govett Reserve is a triangular parcel of land that contains a fenced and shaded playground. The playground includes a slide, swings, climbing structure and a see-saw.
22R Govett Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Bieler Park is located between Frenchmans Road and Gilderthorpe Avenue in Randwick. It features a kid’s playground, mature trees which provide shade, seating areas and a small grassed open space.
56R Gilderthorpe Avenue, Randwick NSW 2031
Named after Erik Carlson, (1917-2001) resident of Middle Harbour Ward. His contribution to improving the living environment of Willoughby City will be long remembered; an example being this land acquired in 1989 to mitigate local flooding and to develop as public open space. A rocky channel runs through the park to help direct stormwater.
Carlson Park, Carlson Park 150 High St, North Willoughby
Hereward Reserve is located in Maroubra and offers an abundance of natural shade as well as a large children’s playground. The playground includes a large climbing frame, swings, a jungle gym and soft- fall flooring. There is also plenty of park seating under the natural shade to sit back and relax whilst watching your kids.
9R Hereward Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Great facility for cricket with both turf and synthetic wickets and three practice nets, along with rugby and soccer playing fields plus exercise equipment
26a Koola Avenue East Killara Australia
Oatley Memorial Gardens offers a pleasant outdoor area for residents and visitors near the centre of Oatley Village. Located between Oatley Parade and Oatley Avenue, south of Hurstville Road, the Gardens are a green gateway into the centre of Oatley Village.
Oatley Ave, Oatley
Ingram Street Reserve is located on the corner of Ingram Street and Dowling Lane in Kensington. It offers a peaceful park space with children’s play equipment, some scattered natural shade and park seating. The playground boasts a climbing frame and platforms, monkey bars, a swing set and softfall flooring. There is also a junior bike track and footpath through the reserve for safe access.
2R Ingram Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
This historic park caters for sports such as netball, softball, cricket and training for rugby and soccer. A popular location for other leisure activities such as walking and jogging.
Lough Playing Fields,Manning Road, Double Bay
Tantallon Oval is an award-winning oval located on the corner of Epping Road & Tantallon Road. This is a public oval & surrounded with parkland.
Tantallon Oval Tantallon Rd & Epping Road, Lane Cove North NSW 2066, Australia
Hughes Park was constructed on the site of a former bowling club in 2015 and consists of a playground for all ages, barbeque facilities, picnic tables, a community garden and outdoor fitness equipment. Parking and toilet facilities are also available. The park is named after former local Billy Hughes who 100 years ago became the Prime Minister of Australia. Billy was also the Member for North Sydney and still holds the record as the longest-serving MP with 58 years of service, 51 years at Federal level.Hughes Park Opening.JPG
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre
Located on Broome Street Maroubra, this reserve includes seating and a playground that was built in 2014. The new playground was partly funded, with a generous donation by the late Dr Lynn Joseph.
114R Broome Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Named after Wallace Park who, along with other soldiers, died at the battle of Lone Pine, Gallipoli on 8 August, 1915. The land was dedicated for a park in the Wallace Park Estate subdivision of 1918, by Alderman James Park in memory of his brother, Wallace.
Location Beresford Avenue and Lone Pine Avenue, Chatswood
This iconic North Shore landmark has hosted a multitude of events including horse shows, dog shows, circuses, markets, fireworks displays, car shows, trailwalks, cross-country events, sports training and competitions.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Located on Jenner Street, part of the Prince Henry precinct in Little Bay, this reserve is also known locally as Macartney Oval. It is a large park, ideal for sport and recreation alike, and also has seating and a playground for toddlers.
5R Jenner Street, Little Bay NSW 2036
Named after William Gore (1765–1845), Irish free settler and NSW Provost – Marshal. He was granted 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The park is a Crown Land reserve.
Gore Hill Park, Corner Reserve Road and Pacific Highway, St Leonards
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Artarmon Park,Cleland Rd, Artarmon
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, athletics track, four tennis courts, soccer/rugby field, exercise equipment, playground and clubhouse
Eastern Road Turramurra Australia
Grace Campbell Reserve 4 is a pocket park located off Grace Campbell Crescent, near the intersection with Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale. The reserve provides a green space for the enjoyment of local residents.
1 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
HMAT Barambah (formerly the SS Hobart) was a steamship built in 1912 for the Deutsche-Australische line, which operated services between Germany and Australia. The ship was seized by Australia in Melbourne at the commencement of WW1, renamed Barambah and used as a troop transport belonging to the Australian Commonwealth Government Line of Steamers. The ship’s final voyage from Australia to England was in 1925 having been sold and renamed SS Justin. Barambah was the name given to an Aboriginal mission town in Queensland (now Cherbourg), and means “source of the western wind”. There are two park benches, a picnic table. a level grassed area and an attractive 3m high rock face in this reserve. There are four parks and a garden in Barcoo Street:
18 and 34 Barambah St, Roseville
A lovely shaded park on the corner of Arthur Street and Botany Street in Randwick. This park is one of Randwick’s lesser known parks and could be a good option when the other playgrounds get busy.
20R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
The Northern end of Palm Beach consists of a 600m stretch of coastland in a relatively natural state and faces east. The Northern most tip is landmarked by the prominent 100m high lighthouse capped, Barrenjoey Head.
Beach Road Palm Beach NSW 2108
Beauchamp Park is situated in the upper park of the Scotts Creek sub-catchment.
Beauchamp Park, Nicholson Street, Chatswood
McKell Park is on the shores of Sydney Harbour with views of the Harbour Bridge to the west and Sydney Heads to the east. The park comprises grassed landscape terraces stepping down to the harbour foreshore and the public ferry wharf. It is often used for wedding ceremonies as it has superb harbour views and manicured gardens surrounded by magnificent mature trees. The harbour and well maintained gardens provide a perfect backdrop for any special occasion. It is a great vantage point to view Sydney Harbour activities. The heritage listed Canonbury Cottage is the centrepiece of the park.
McKell Park,North Darling Point Road, Darling Point.
Gap Park is located on a coastal escarpment on Sydney Harbour’s South Head. It has spectacular views of both the harbour and the sea. There are a series of basic paths amidst windswept native coastal vegetation that traverse the cliff tops. The area is one of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations. It attracts international and national tour groups, independent visitors, and local residents who use the park for walking, harbour and ocean viewing, bird watching, whale watching and spectating major harbour events. Additionally the park supports a rich history containing early fortifications, shipwreck relicts, and disused gun placements from past wars.
Gap Park, Gap Road, Watsons Bay
Rose Bay Park is a small park located below the Rose Bay Police Station and bounded between Point Piper Marina and Rose Bay Marina. The park provides a sandy beach and a shaded picnic area. This park is often used for small wedding ceremonies as there are many nearby reception venues. Rose Bay was named after The Right Honourable George Rose (he was not knighted) who was joint Secretary to the British Treasury with Thomas Steele, after whom Steel(e) Point at Nielsen Park was named. The name Rose Bay was used as early as 1778 by Captain John Hunter.
Rose Bay Park, Corner New South Head Road and Wunulla Road, Rose Bay
Sexton’s Cottage, once used for laying out bodies prior to burial, was restored and turned into a museum in 1984. in 2017 it underwent undergone a major renovation. It houses resources for researching the history of the cemetery and those buried there. Exciting new attractions include a striking reproduction mourning dress and mourning jewellery.
250 West St, Crows Nest
Named after Charles Wickham (1869-1936), local resident and skilled gardener. Charles was the ‘guiding genius’ of the gardens on the Village Green at Artarmon Railway Station. The gardens were first established by the Artarmon Progress Association in 1928. As a volunteer he made the gardens into his retirement hobby, eventually being employed by Council. During 1983-1990 three blocks of land in White Street were acquired by Council for open space in response to Artarmon becoming a more populated suburb. Landscape improvements were completed in 2007.
Wickham Park, White Street, Artarmon