Fenced dog off-leash park with seating
Located off Todman Avenue Kensington on Brompton Road within the private Raleigh Park Estate, this publicly-accessible park features large open grassed areas which are well used by local residents. The park is maintained by the Raleigh Park Community Association.
2-10R Brompton Road, Kensington NSW 2033
Raleigh Park – Kensington
The park is perched on top of the ocean cliffs, providing sweeping views to the ocean and Sydney Harbour. The venue has three football fields used for rugby union, soccer and touch football and one hockey field, (No. 4). One of the ovals, (No. 1), has lights for night training. The park also has three cricket wickets for summer use.
Christison Park, Old South Head Road, Vaucluse.
Christison Park – Vaucluse
This basic building is in original condition and has a rural feel. It is suitable for small bush dances, themed parties (country, halloween, etc.) or informal meetings. The Craft Hut is a great addition to the hire of the Events Area, providing ample weather protection for up to 50 people.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Craft Hut – St Ives
Randwick Environment Park comprises 13 hectares of parkland, bushland and wetland. The bushland and wetland provides valuable habitat for native birds, lizards, frogs and mammals. More than 90 species of indigenous plants have been identified to date. The Park contains 3.6 hectares of Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub, an endangered ecological community, and is also home to the endangered Sunshine Wattle. The park, originally part of the Randwick Army Barracks, opened in 2010.
6R Argyle Crescent, Randwick NSW 2031
Randwick Environment Park – Randwick
This harbourside tidal enclosure (previously known as Redleaf Pool) is popular with all age groups and can be crowded on weekends in summer. The enclosure provides a swimming area of approximately 90m x 60m.
Murray Rose Pool, New South Head Road, Double Bay
Murray Rose Pool – Double Bay
Since opening in 1995, Mary MacKillop Place Museum has been engaging visitors with an interactive display that recreates the story of Australia’s first Saint, Mary MacKillop and the co-founder of the order of the Sisters of St Joseph, Fr Julian Tenison Woods.
7-11 Mount Street North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia
Mary MacKillop Place Museum – North Sydney
This is a beautifully shaded park with well separated play areas for seniors and juniors. The custom-designed senior equipment is challenging and suited to teenagers. The junior play area has a variety of equipment with some suited to toddlers and some for users up to 10 years.
Warwick Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Green Park – Cremone
Charles Bean Sportsground is the first ever synthetic playing field in Ku-ring-gai Council to be constructed. The new synthetic surface allows the playing field to be used during wet weather and reduces maintenance costs, compared to a grass surface.
Eton Rd Lindfield 2070 Australia
Charles Bean Sports Field – Lindfield
Situated on the corner of Mona Vale and Rosedale Roads, this small meeting room is perfect for group meetings and classes, with tables and chairs, fridge and whiteboard. Available for bookings every day, 7am – 11pm
207 Mona Vale Road St Ives Australia
Ku-ring-gai Community Groups Meeting Room – St Ives
A lovely shaded park in the heart of Kensington located on the corner of Duke Street and Balfour Road. The park includes a fenced playground, interactive play equipment, a small bicycle track and a large open grassed area set below Balfour Street.
43R Duke Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Wills Reserve – Kensington
Moore Reserve is an open space area in the Oatley District comprising approximately 14 hectares bordering on the suburbs of Oatley and Hurstville Grove in Southern Sydney. The reserve is a former municipal garbage tip that has been converted into reclaimed grass fields with recreational facilities and an artificial wetland area.
West Cr, Hurstville Grove
Moore Reserve – Hurstville Grove
Prior to European settlement and well into the 19th century the Quibaree Clan, part of the larger Kuringgai Tribe, frequented Lavender Bay. In 1805 Robert Campbell purchased a large section of land on the waterfront of the North Shore, and James Milson settled on this land in 1806. During the 1850s, subdivision and sale led to increased settlement in the Lavender Bay and Milsons Point area.
Lavender Crescent Lavender Bay New South Wales 2060 Australia
Lavender Bay Parklands – Lavender Bay
Balcombe Heights Sportsground (Masonic Ovals) features two single sports fields with a synthetic cricket pitch located in the centre of each. The cricket pitches are covered in the winter. Both are only small fields and best suited to local lower level sports. Touch football is played during the summer season on both fields and Soccer in Winter.
Seven Hills Road, Baulkham Hills 2153
Balcombe Heights Estate (Masonic Oval) – Baulkham Hills
A lovely shaded park on the corner of Arthur Street and Botany Street in Randwick. This park is one of Randwick’s lesser known parks and could be a good option when the other playgrounds get busy.
20R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Writtle Park – Randwick
The Wright family have been long time residents of Boundary Street adjoining the park. Henry Wright (1897-1960) moved into his Hemsley Estate house in 1926, following service as a private with the AIF in England and France during WW1.
48 Barcoo St, Roseville
Wright Reserve – Roseville
Pleasant picnic location with lawns and shade. Divided by Tamarama Marine Drive: West section is a large open area with a shady gully; the smaller Eastern section contains the listed facilities.
Tamarama Park, Tamarama Marine Drive ,Tamarama 2026
Tamarama Park – Tamarama
One of Ku-ring-gai’s biggest and most beautiful sports and recreation spots, with soccer fields, baseball diamonds, mountain bike park, BBQ and playground overlooking bushland
Esk Street Wahroonga Australia
Golden Jubilee Field – Wahroonga
Showcasing the talent of Council’s stonemasons, this groovy sandstone castle boasts a timber drawbridge, Juliette balcony with views to the resident ‘dragon’, and an internal staircase leading to the secret exit (a spiral slide). Tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac this hidden gem is closely guarded by local princes and princesses.
Prior Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Prior Avenue Reserve Park – Cremorne
Warrane Reserve features an open grassed area with scattered trees and screen plantings of trees along its edges. A small bushland reserve separates the grass area from Eastern Valley Way.
Warrane Reserve,Warrane Road, Chatswood
Warrane Reserve – Chatswood
The Rotary Athletic Field is part of an original grant to John Jones, part of which later came into the possession of SB Whatmore.
Chatswood Rotary Memorial Athletics Field, Mowbray Road West, Lane Cove North
Chatswood Rotary War Memorial Athletics Field – Lane Cove North
The Northern end of Palm Beach consists of a 600m stretch of coastland in a relatively natural state and faces east. The Northern most tip is landmarked by the prominent 100m high lighthouse capped, Barrenjoey Head.
Beach Road Palm Beach NSW 2108
North Palm Beach – Palm Beach
Named after Gregory Bartels, AM (1926-2015), who served on Willoughby City Council from 1983-1993, as Alderman, Deputy Mayor (1985-87, 1989 -91) and as Mayor (1991-93). He devoted much of his life to public service, including Patron, Chairman, Member and Director of many community groups. The land was acquired by Council in 1948. It was previously known as Edgar Street Reserve.
Edgar Street Chatswood
Bartels Park – Chatswood
Pioneers Park is a large recreational facility located on the corner of Franklin Street and Cromwell Place in Malabar, only a few minutes walk from Malabar Beach. The park consists of several large grassed areas and sports fields with native shrubs and a few trees.
1160-1196R Anzac Parade, Malabar
Pioneers Park – Malabar
This park is located on the corner of Botany Street and Rainbow Street, Randwick. It comprises a playground, dog exercise park, sports field as well as toilets and change rooms
187-203R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Paine Reserve – Randwick
Bundock Park is located directly adjacent to Clovelly Beach. On the southern side of the beach you will find an amenities building, beach inspectors’ office, the Sea Salt Cafe, picnic shelters, BBQs and external showers. A children’s playground is located in a small grassed area behind the beach. There are also several small, grassed picnic areas, many of which are enclosed by mature native planting. On the northern side of the bay there are formal pathways, picnic shelters, BBQs, and extensive plantings of native trees and shrubs. The Coastal Walkway runs through the park and it is popular with walkers and joggers.
3-25R Eastbourne Avenue, Clovelly NSW 2031
Bundock Park – Clovelly
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, soccer field, seven tennis courts, one multi-purpose/netball court, BBQ, playground and dog off-leash area.
Chelmsford Avenue Roseville Australia
Roseville Park – Roseville
Turimetta Beach is a small 350m long beach between Turimetta and Narrabeen Head backed by 20 to 30 m high shale bluffs. The beach receives waves averaging 1.5m which break close to shore, and often has a heavy shore break. Two or three rips usually form at each end of the beach and in the centre amongst the rocks.
57 Narrabeen Park Parade Warriewood NSW 2102
Turimetta Beach – Warriewood
Mainly flat playing field with views to the Ocean. The reserve also contains remnant vegetation, which is looked after by a team of dedicated bushcare volunteers.
Hugh Bamford Reserve Miltary Road (north of the golf club) North Bondi 2026
Hugh Bamford Reserve – Bondi
A large park located on the ridge top in Cammeray. While most of the gently sloping land has been landscaped as a golf course, the Park contains a variety of other sports facilities and many pleasant areas to sit and relax.
Park Avenue CammerayCremorne New South Wales 2062
Cammeray Park – Cremorne
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Carss Bush Park – Carss Park
Named after the nautical term for the upper deck of a ship. The developer of the area, Lend Lease through Civil and Civic Pty Ltd., elected to name the streets to reflect the partiality for nautical terms of its Dutch born director, Gerardus J.
The Quarterdeck, Middle Cove
The Quarterdeck – Middle Cove
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Currey Park – Chatswood
Sexton’s Cottage, once used for laying out bodies prior to burial, was restored and turned into a museum in 1984. in 2017 it underwent undergone a major renovation. It houses resources for researching the history of the cemetery and those buried there. Exciting new attractions include a striking reproduction mourning dress and mourning jewellery.
250 West St, Crows Nest
Sexton’s Cottage Museum – Crows Nest
St Ives Showground is Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation venue with equestrian and dog training rings, soccer field, BMX riding facilities, BBQs and picnic tables.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
St Ives Showground – St Ives
Named after Erik Carlson, (1917-2001) resident of Middle Harbour Ward. His contribution to improving the living environment of Willoughby City will be long remembered; an example being this land acquired in 1989 to mitigate local flooding and to develop as public open space. A rocky channel runs through the park to help direct stormwater.
Carlson Park, Carlson Park 150 High St, North Willoughby
Carlson Park – North Willoughby
Named after Charles Wickham (1869-1936), local resident and skilled gardener. Charles was the ‘guiding genius’ of the gardens on the Village Green at Artarmon Railway Station. The gardens were first established by the Artarmon Progress Association in 1928. As a volunteer he made the gardens into his retirement hobby, eventually being employed by Council. During 1983-1990 three blocks of land in White Street were acquired by Council for open space in response to Artarmon becoming a more populated suburb. Landscape improvements were completed in 2007.
Wickham Park, White Street, Artarmon
Wickham Park – Artarmon
To reach this park, walk down the path at the end of Hotham Street through the bamboo jungle. There are 3 picnic table setting, a park bench, a set of swing and an embankment slide along with landscapes gardens. The playground is very shady due to the proximity of trees and surrounding buildings.
Hotham Street Reserve ,Hotham Street, Chatswood
Hotham Street Reserve – Chatswood
This colourful playground is open for general public use outside of the Holdsworth Community Centre & Services hours of opening. Please contact the Centre for more details on 9302 3680.
Holdsworth Street Playground,Holdsworth Street Community Centre, 64 Holdsworth Street, Woollahra
Holdsworth Street Playground – Woollahra
Named after the aboriginal word for “beauty”. The park was acquired in 1942 from the Estate of Joseph Charles Tricker, builder, who lived in the adjoining house ‘Goulburn Grange’, which was built in 1907. The park contains remnant native ridge-top trees of Blackbutt and Turpentine which provide plenty of shade. There are three covered picnic tables, a double plated BBQ and a playground in the park.
Lowanna Park, Greville Street and Fullers Road, Chatswood
Lowanna Park – Chatswood
Bob A Day Park is a small and tranquil park in the Prince Henry Precinct. The park includes open green space, natural shading, landscaped gardens with park seating and a monument to the ‘bob-a-day’ men that worked on hospital grounds during the Great War.
28R Ewing Avenue, Little Bay NSW 2036
Bob A Day Park – Little Bay
Frank Doyle Park is a small corner park in on Randwick Street, Randwick. It is has two levels, with the upper level containing open green space and seating. The lower level is fully fenced and contains a playground.
2-10R Randwick Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Frank Doyle Park – Randwick
John Shore Park is located near Maroubra Beach on Mons Avenue and across the road from Broadarrow Reserve. The park is fairly flat and a good spot for ball games or group activities, but there are no facilities in this park.
172-174R Mons Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
John Shore Park – Maroubra