Named after H.J. Greville an auditor of the Borough of Willoughby in the 1880s. The land was previously the site of a dairy started by Gladys Homer in the early 1930s. In the 1950s the land was subdivided and sold to Cumberland County Council. The land formed a boundary with the Army Rifle Range until its relocation in 1955. In 1960 the land was sold to Willoughby Municipal Council and named Greville Street Reserve. Willoughby City Council acknowledges the Cameraigal people as the traditional inhabitants of the area.
Greville Park,Greville Street ,Chatswood
Greville Park – Chatswood
The Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden is located on 123 hectares of tranquil bushland on the edge of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. It features six walking tracks, picnic areas with BBQs, a playground and a function centre.
420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden – St Ives
Bicentennial Reserve is named after the Bicentenary of Australia 1788-1988. The land was claimed in 1933 as a ‘garbage destructor and sewerage dump’ for the community’s waste. In 1934 the reverberatory incinerator designed by Walter Burley Griffin opened and material from the waste operation was used to fill the Flat Rock Creek valley and create level areas for playing fields. After 1983 more fill was added to create a regional park.
Bicentennial Reserve,Small Street, Willoughby
Bicentennial Reserve – Willoughby
With a capacity of up to 100 people, West Lindfield Community Hall is great for group meetings and family functions indoor sport activities. It has a fully-equipped kitchen, air conditioning and fantastic outdoor playground for the kids. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Bradfield Road Australia
West Lindfield Community Hall – West Lindfield
High Cross Park is an open green space in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Randwick. It contains some large trees offering shade and there are also picnic tables and water fountains. It is home to the City’s cenotaph, remembering all wars served by residents of Randwick City. The Minister for Transport announced on 17 September 2015 that High Cross Park would be saved and the proposed light rail terminal moved to nearby High St.
217-219R Avoca Street, Randwick NSW 2031
High Cross Park – Randwick
Enjoy a hit-out with friends or family at this secluded spot backing on to picturesque bushland. Features four tennis courts, playground and toilets.
End of Morona Avenue Wahroonga Australia
Morona Avenue Courts – Wahroonga
Gap Park is located on a coastal escarpment on Sydney Harbour’s South Head. It has spectacular views of both the harbour and the sea. There are a series of basic paths amidst windswept native coastal vegetation that traverse the cliff tops. The area is one of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations. It attracts international and national tour groups, independent visitors, and local residents who use the park for walking, harbour and ocean viewing, bird watching, whale watching and spectating major harbour events. Additionally the park supports a rich history containing early fortifications, shipwreck relicts, and disused gun placements from past wars.
Gap Park, Gap Road, Watsons Bay
Gap Park – Watsons Bay
The lower area of the Reserve is a grassed area overlooking the pools and the Ocean. In the upper area, there is a grassed, shady picnic, play area and sculptures.
Biddigal Reserve Ramsgate Ave (north end of Bondi Beach) North Bondi 2026
Biddigal Reserve – North Bondi
The Northern end of Palm Beach consists of a 600m stretch of coastland in a relatively natural state and faces east. The Northern most tip is landmarked by the prominent 100m high lighthouse capped, Barrenjoey Head.
Beach Road Palm Beach NSW 2108
North Palm Beach – Palm Beach
Great facility for cricket with both turf and synthetic wickets and three practice nets, along with rugby and soccer playing fields plus exercise equipment
26a Koola Avenue East Killara Australia
Koola Park – East Killara
Named after the aboriginal word for “beauty”. The park was acquired in 1942 from the Estate of Joseph Charles Tricker, builder, who lived in the adjoining house ‘Goulburn Grange’, which was built in 1907. The park contains remnant native ridge-top trees of Blackbutt and Turpentine which provide plenty of shade. There are three covered picnic tables, a double plated BBQ and a playground in the park.
Lowanna Park, Greville Street and Fullers Road, Chatswood
Lowanna Park – Chatswood
The Rotary Athletic Field is part of an original grant to John Jones, part of which later came into the possession of SB Whatmore.
Chatswood Rotary Memorial Athletics Field, Mowbray Road West, Lane Cove North
Chatswood Rotary War Memorial Athletics Field – Lane Cove North
This harbourside tidal enclosure (previously known as Redleaf Pool) is popular with all age groups and can be crowded on weekends in summer. The enclosure provides a swimming area of approximately 90m x 60m.
Murray Rose Pool, New South Head Road, Double Bay
Murray Rose Pool – Double Bay
Kenneth Slessor Park is named after the renowned Australian poet and journalist, Kenneth Slessor (1901-71), who lived nearby at several houses along Pacific Highway in Chatswood for the early and later part of his life. Originally called Western Park, the park has western views to the Blue Mountains and was part of the Fuller Estate. The land was purchased by Council in 1931.
Western way, chatswood
Kenneth Slessor Park – Chatswood
Pioneers Park is a large recreational facility located on the corner of Franklin Street and Cromwell Place in Malabar, only a few minutes walk from Malabar Beach. The park consists of several large grassed areas and sports fields with native shrubs and a few trees.
1160-1196R Anzac Parade, Malabar
Pioneers Park – Malabar
Beauchamp Park is situated in the upper park of the Scotts Creek sub-catchment.
Beauchamp Park, Nicholson Street, Chatswood
Beauchamp Park – Chatswood
The Wright family have been long time residents of Boundary Street adjoining the park. Henry Wright (1897-1960) moved into his Hemsley Estate house in 1926, following service as a private with the AIF in England and France during WW1.
48 Barcoo St, Roseville
Wright Reserve – Roseville
The South Maroubra Village Green is located adjacent to the South Maroubra Shopping Village on Meagher Avenue off Malabar Road. It’s a grassed area which includes a children’s playground. The park is also the location of many regular events such as the South Maroubra Village Green Art Show and the South Maroubra Community Christmas Carols.
5-19R Meagher Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
South Maroubra Village Green – Maroubra
Hughes Park was constructed on the site of a former bowling club in 2015 and consists of a playground for all ages, barbeque facilities, picnic tables, a community garden and outdoor fitness equipment. Parking and toilet facilities are also available. The park is named after former local Billy Hughes who 100 years ago became the Prime Minister of Australia. Billy was also the Member for North Sydney and still holds the record as the longest-serving MP with 58 years of service, 51 years at Federal level.Hughes Park Opening.JPG
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre – Lane Cove
Blackman Park is located in Lloyd Rees Drive (off Wood Street) Lane Cove West. This is a large Park located beside the Lane Cove River consisting of sporting grounds, picnic areas, large flat open space and river foreshore bushwalks. There is ample parking for up to 80 cars. In the Picnic area at the far end of the park there are wood BBQs and picnic tables and a small picnic shelter.
Blackman park Lloyd Rees Dr, Lane Cove West NSW 2066, Australia
Blackman Park – Lane Cove West
Mainly flat playing field with views to the Ocean. The reserve also contains remnant vegetation, which is looked after by a team of dedicated bushcare volunteers.
Hugh Bamford Reserve Miltary Road (north of the golf club) North Bondi 2026
Hugh Bamford Reserve – Bondi
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf and synthetic wickets plus two practice nets for cricket, floodlit tennis courts, rugby fields and playground at Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
62a Tryon Road, East Lindfield
Lindfield Oval – East Lindfield
Castlecove was the name given by Walter Burley Griffin to the most northern of the three Middle Harbour peninsulas on which he purchased land in 1920.
Holly Street, Castle Cove
Castle Cove Park – Castle Cove
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
Auluba Ovals 1 and 2 – South Turramurra
The park is a neighbourhood park that is a green and pleasantly landscaped open space that provides opportunities for low-key informal recreation activities. The park reflects the village atmosphere of the surrounding area and incorporates many tangible reminders of its former use.
Royal Hospital for Women Park, Glenmore Road, Paddington
Royal Hospital for Women Park – Paddington
This is a beautifully shaded park with well separated play areas for seniors and juniors. The custom-designed senior equipment is challenging and suited to teenagers. The junior play area has a variety of equipment with some suited to toddlers and some for users up to 10 years.
Warwick Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Green Park – Cremone
The park caters for sports such as cricket, rugby union and soccer. It is also a great place to enjoy a sunny day with a picnic rug or a pair of joggers.
Rushcutters Bay Park,New Beach Road, Darling Point
Rushcutters Bay Park – Darling Point
Named after Alderman Joseph Bales, Mayor of Willoughby in 1931-32, 1936, 1938-42 and 1945-47. On land formerly used as Chinese market gardens, the park was created by resumption and private purchase during 1930, and was known as Central Park. In 1952, more land was resumed to increase the park area.
Bales Park, Stanley Street, Chatswood
Bales Park – Chatswood
Balcombe Heights Sportsground (Masonic Ovals) features two single sports fields with a synthetic cricket pitch located in the centre of each. The cricket pitches are covered in the winter. Both are only small fields and best suited to local lower level sports. Touch football is played during the summer season on both fields and Soccer in Winter.
Seven Hills Road, Baulkham Hills 2153
Balcombe Heights Estate (Masonic Oval) – Baulkham Hills
Spooner Park is located on the northern side of Jubilee Avenue and represents a green island space inbetween an existing triangle of Battye, Ferry and Jubilee Avenues in Beverley Park. It is a local park adjacent to the Beverley Park Golf Course, and part of the original wetland corridor flowing into Kogarah Bay.
Spooner Park Jubilee Ave Beverley Park NSW 2217 Australia
Spooner Park – Beverley Park
Prior to European settlement and well into the 19th century the Quibaree Clan, part of the larger Kuringgai Tribe, frequented Lavender Bay. In 1805 Robert Campbell purchased a large section of land on the waterfront of the North Shore, and James Milson settled on this land in 1806. During the 1850s, subdivision and sale led to increased settlement in the Lavender Bay and Milsons Point area.
Lavender Crescent Lavender Bay New South Wales 2060 Australia
Lavender Bay Parklands – Lavender Bay
Woodford Bay Bicentennial Reserve is located at bottom of Woodford Street, Longueville. This is a landscaped historical park over looking the bay with pockets of bushland.
Woodford St Longueville NSW 2066, Australia
Woodford Bay Reserve – Longueville
Take advantage of this great open space adjacent to Roseville Golf Club for a game of cricket on the turf wicket or some rugby on the playing field
Ormonde Road Roseville Australia
Roseville Chase Oval – Roseville
Pleasant picnic location with lawns and shade. Divided by Tamarama Marine Drive: West section is a large open area with a shady gully; the smaller Eastern section contains the listed facilities.
Tamarama Park, Tamarama Marine Drive ,Tamarama 2026
Tamarama Park – Tamarama
Govett Reserve is a triangular parcel of land that contains a fenced and shaded playground. The playground includes a slide, swings, climbing structure and a see-saw.
22R Govett Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Govett Reserve – Randwick
This colourful and fragrant park was designed by Landscape Consultant Stephen Whitteridge following community consultation, and completed in June 2008.
Whitton Park,Corner Whitton ,Oliver Roads, Chatswood
Whitton Park – Chatswood
Neptune Park is a small grassed reserve located in between Grant Reserve and Trenerry Reserve along the Coastal Walkway south of Coogee Beach. There are no facilities here. Keep heading south for the dog-friendly Trenerry Reserve or further north for the playgrounds, ocean pools, cafes and buzz of Coogee Beach.
21-31R Neptune Street, Coogee NSW 2034
Neptune Park – Coogee
This “T” shaped park with access from both Edgecliff Road and Fletcher Street has a nautical themed playground. There is climbing equipment, slides, swings and various activities to keep children amused.
Plumb Reserve,Fletcher Street and Edgecliff Road, Woollahra.
Plumb Reserve – Woollahra
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
St Thomas Rest Park – Crows Nest