The park named after Victor Trumper is caters for cricket as well as Australian Rules and athletics. A series of walking trails connect surrounding streets.
Originally Hampden Park Oval, it was built on reclaimed swamp – Glenmore Brook runs down and under its middle. It was named in honour of Viscount Hampden, Governor of New South Wales (1895-99) – Hampden Street alongside the park was originally named Ebenezer Street. The name of park was changed in 1931 to honour one of Paddington’s cricketing heroes, Victor Trumper ( 1877-1915).