Large open space
Named after William Gore (1765–1845), Irish free settler and NSW Provost – Marshal. He was granted 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The park is a Crown Land reserve.
Gore Hill Park, Corner Reserve Road and Pacific Highway, St Leonards
Gore Hill Park – St Leonards
This is a beautifully shaded park with well separated play areas for seniors and juniors. The custom-designed senior equipment is challenging and suited to teenagers. The junior play area has a variety of equipment with some suited to toddlers and some for users up to 10 years.
Warwick Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Green Park – Cremone
Named after Ardthelmon Castle (pronounced Art-e-mon), the Irish home of William Gore (1765-1845) who was Provost-Marshal under Governor Bligh in the Rum Rebellion of 1808. Gore was granted 150 acres in 1810 from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Station. In 1869 at the request of Council, the NSW Government set aside 140 acres of the land as a public reserve; now only 17 acres (9.5 hectares) remain. The remnant bushland in this reserve contains distinctive flora where Wianamatta Shale soils meet Hawkesbury Sandstone soils. In 1913 the reserve was dedicated as a park under the care, control and management of Willoughby Council.
Artarmon Reserve,Burra Road, Artarmon
Artarmon Reserve – Artarmon
Named after Erik Carlson, (1917-2001) resident of Middle Harbour Ward. His contribution to improving the living environment of Willoughby City will be long remembered; an example being this land acquired in 1989 to mitigate local flooding and to develop as public open space. A rocky channel runs through the park to help direct stormwater.
Carlson Park, Carlson Park 150 High St, North Willoughby
Carlson Park – North Willoughby
Bieler Park is located between Frenchmans Road and Gilderthorpe Avenue in Randwick. It features a kid’s playground, mature trees which provide shade, seating areas and a small grassed open space.
56R Gilderthorpe Avenue, Randwick NSW 2031
Bieler Park – Randwick
This park is located on the corner of Botany Street and Rainbow Street, Randwick. It comprises a playground, dog exercise park, sports field as well as toilets and change rooms
187-203R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Paine Reserve – Randwick
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Carss Bush Park – Carss Park
A large park located on the ridge top in Cammeray. While most of the gently sloping land has been landscaped as a golf course, the Park contains a variety of other sports facilities and many pleasant areas to sit and relax.
Park Avenue CammerayCremorne New South Wales 2062
Cammeray Park – Cremorne
Blackman Park is located in Lloyd Rees Drive (off Wood Street) Lane Cove West. This is a large Park located beside the Lane Cove River consisting of sporting grounds, picnic areas, large flat open space and river foreshore bushwalks. There is ample parking for up to 80 cars. In the Picnic area at the far end of the park there are wood BBQs and picnic tables and a small picnic shelter.
Blackman park Lloyd Rees Dr, Lane Cove West NSW 2066, Australia
Blackman Park – Lane Cove West
Bob A Day Park is a small and tranquil park in the Prince Henry Precinct. The park includes open green space, natural shading, landscaped gardens with park seating and a monument to the ‘bob-a-day’ men that worked on hospital grounds during the Great War.
28R Ewing Avenue, Little Bay NSW 2036
Bob A Day Park – Little Bay
Alison Park is a beautiful, civic park located off Alison Road, Randwick between the town centre and the Randwick Council Administration Building. On The Avenue side, it is lined by beautiful historic fig trees and it is a quiet sanctuary away from the Belmore Road shopping strip. The park features a playground, a large flat grassed area great for ball games, public toilets, street banner poles and public art. A childcare centre is located in the park off Frances Street.
194R Alison Road, Randwick NSW 2031
Alison Park – Randwick
Watt Park Playground is a traditional heritage style playground reminiscent of North Sydney’s original playgrounds. It caters for a wide age range of children in an environment that is pleasant and relaxing for carers. It is a very cool and shady playground ideal for summer use and incorporates a roundabout, seesaw, swings, spring-mounted boat and embankment slides.
Lavender Crescent McMahons Point New South Wales 2060
Watt Park – McMahons Point
Set in the beautiful and historic St. Thomas’ Rest Park, this unique and accessible fully fenced playground has been created as a series of play ‘rooms’ connected by rubber pathways within lush native gardens. Activities have a whimsical theme with a groovy climbing ‘critter’, spring-mounted rockets, an old style ‘steam engine’, an unusual roundabout and two sets of double swings including an arm-power swing. A larger central structure incorporates an unusual sitting ‘capsule’ as well as tunnels, slides and climbing activities. Picnic tables are centrally located, making this a popular playground for longer visits.
West Street Crows Nest New South Wales 2065
St Thomas’ Rest Park – Crows Nest
Named after Sir James Willoughby Gordon (1773-1851), English officer-soldier and associate of Sir Thomas Livingstone Mitchell, the NSW Surveyor-General, who assigned the name of ‘Willoughby’ to the local parish.
Willoughby Park, McClelland Street, Willoughby
Willoughby Park – Willoughby
Grace Campbell Reserve 3 is a pocket park located between Grace Campbell Crescent and Rhodes Street, Hillsdale. The reserve acts as a thoroughfare between Grace Campbell Crescent and Rhodes Street. A small playground is located off Grace Campbell Crescent.
7 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve 3 – Hillsdale
Named after Wallace Park who, along with other soldiers, died at the battle of Lone Pine, Gallipoli on 8 August, 1915. The land was dedicated for a park in the Wallace Park Estate subdivision of 1918, by Alderman James Park in memory of his brother, Wallace.
Location Beresford Avenue and Lone Pine Avenue, Chatswood
Wallace Park Reserve – Chatswood
Situated in the hub of St Ives, this large hall can accommodate up to 300 people and comes equipped with a stage, full kitchen and disabled access. Great for family functions such as birthdays and reunions, also indoor sports activities. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Memorial Avenue St Ives Australia
St Ives Community Hall – St Ives
Artarmon Park was named after Ardthelmon (or “Artramon”) Castle, the Irish home of William Gore. Gore owned land in the area including a large reserve extending from Gore Hill to Artarmon, of which Artarmon Park was a part. The construction of the railway in the late 1880s separated Artarmon Park from Artarmon Reserve. In 1900 the northern part of the park was subdivided for housing, and the remaining land was gazetted as a park 11 August 1900.
Artarmon Park,Cleland Rd, Artarmon
Artarmon Park – Artarmon
Grace Campbell Reserve is a local park located off Grace Campbell Crescent in Hillsdale. The reserve adjoins western section of Rhodes St Reserve and provides pedestrian access to both Rhodes St and Bunnerong Road. The park is an open space for the residents of Hillsdale with a playground, seating and a half basketball court.
19-21 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve – Hillsdale
Kenneth Slessor Park is named after the renowned Australian poet and journalist, Kenneth Slessor (1901-71), who lived nearby at several houses along Pacific Highway in Chatswood for the early and later part of his life. Originally called Western Park, the park has western views to the Blue Mountains and was part of the Fuller Estate. The land was purchased by Council in 1931.
Western way, chatswood
Kenneth Slessor Park – Chatswood
Located off Todman Avenue Kensington on Brompton Road within the private Raleigh Park Estate, this publicly-accessible park features large open grassed areas which are well used by local residents. The park is maintained by the Raleigh Park Community Association.
2-10R Brompton Road, Kensington NSW 2033
Raleigh Park – Kensington
Woodford Bay Bicentennial Reserve is located at bottom of Woodford Street, Longueville. This is a landscaped historical park over looking the bay with pockets of bushland.
Woodford St Longueville NSW 2066, Australia
Woodford Bay Reserve – Longueville
Grace Campbell Reserve 4 is a pocket park located off Grace Campbell Crescent, near the intersection with Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale. The reserve provides a green space for the enjoyment of local residents.
1 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve 4 – Hillsdale
The newly expanded Cameron Park was opened in March 2017 and features open grassy areas, plentiful shade from trees, a multipurpose paved area with outdoor table tennis table and picnic facilities, a self-cleaning, accessible public toilet, as well as brand new seating, fencing, pathways and lighting.
Corner Eastern Road and Gilroy Road Turramurra Australia
Cameron Park – Turramurra
John Shore Park is located near Maroubra Beach on Mons Avenue and across the road from Broadarrow Reserve. The park is fairly flat and a good spot for ball games or group activities, but there are no facilities in this park.
172-174R Mons Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
John Shore Park – Maroubra
Govett Reserve is a triangular parcel of land that contains a fenced and shaded playground. The playground includes a slide, swings, climbing structure and a see-saw.
22R Govett Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Govett Reserve – Randwick
Burnie Park is like a hidden oasis in Clovelly. Close to Clovelly Beach, the park includes a fun, interactive, children’s playground complete with large wooden jungle gym, see-saw, swings, a baby bucket swing, low height flying fox and a protective shade structure. There is something for all children of all ages to enjoy.
1R Burnie Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Burnie Park – Clovelly
One of Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation facilities, Bicentennial Park is home to Ku-ring-gai Fitness and Aquatic Centre and West Pymble Bowling and Sports Club, and plays host to many community events including Carols in the Park and Australia Day.
Corner Lofberg Road and Yanko Road West Pymble Australia
Bicentennial Park – West Pymble
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
Auluba Ovals 1 and 2 – South Turramurra
This colourful and fragrant park was designed by Landscape Consultant Stephen Whitteridge following community consultation, and completed in June 2008.
Whitton Park,Corner Whitton ,Oliver Roads, Chatswood
Whitton Park – Chatswood