Built in 2003 on a former factory site to increase open space. The park contains a fully fenced playground for children of all abilities, a grassed area, and a multi-purpose half-court with a basketball hoop and soccer goal.
Govett Reserve is a triangular parcel of land that contains a fenced and shaded playground. The playground includes a slide, swings, climbing structure and a see-saw.
22R Govett Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Govett Reserve – Randwick
Named after Alderman Joseph Bales, Mayor of Willoughby in 1931-32, 1936, 1938-42 and 1945-47. On land formerly used as Chinese market gardens, the park was created by resumption and private purchase during 1930, and was known as Central Park. In 1952, more land was resumed to increase the park area.
Bales Park, Stanley Street, Chatswood
Bales Park – Chatswood
Coral Sea Park is located in a quiet residential area just five minutes from the cafes and beach at Maroubra. It is a major sporting facility that supports many rugby and soccer fields, a cricket pitch and practice nets. These areas are floodlit for night training. Alongside the sporting fields is a large children’s playground.
1-53R Yorktown Parade, Maroubra NSW 2035
Coral Sea Park – Maroubra
Rose Bay Park is a small park located below the Rose Bay Police Station and bounded between Point Piper Marina and Rose Bay Marina. The park provides a sandy beach and a shaded picnic area. This park is often used for small wedding ceremonies as there are many nearby reception venues. Rose Bay was named after The Right Honourable George Rose (he was not knighted) who was joint Secretary to the British Treasury with Thomas Steele, after whom Steel(e) Point at Nielsen Park was named. The name Rose Bay was used as early as 1778 by Captain John Hunter.
Rose Bay Park, Corner New South Head Road and Wunulla Road, Rose Bay
Rose Bay Park – Rose Bay
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, soccer field, seven tennis courts, one multi-purpose/netball court, BBQ, playground and dog off-leash area.
Chelmsford Avenue Roseville Australia
Roseville Park – Roseville
Located on the corner of Beauchamp Road and Anzac Parade Matraville, this large grassed area provides an entrance to a housing estate that was established between 1918 and 1925 to house returned soldiers and widows of soldiers from World War I.
361-399R Beauchamp Road, Matraville
Memorial Reserve – Matraville
Elphinstone Reserve is a large open green space reserve with park seating. It is circled by a large footpath and junior bike track and has scattered mature trees for shade. In the front corner of the park is a small, fully fenced tiered space similar to a small amphitheatre, with park bench seating and a small gazebo for shade.
5R Elphinstone Road, South Coogee
Elphinstone Road Reserve – South Coogee
This basic building is in original condition and has a rural feel. It is suitable for small bush dances, themed parties (country, halloween, etc.) or informal meetings. The Craft Hut is a great addition to the hire of the Events Area, providing ample weather protection for up to 50 people.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Craft Hut – St Ives
Named after the aboriginal word for “beauty”. The park was acquired in 1942 from the Estate of Joseph Charles Tricker, builder, who lived in the adjoining house ‘Goulburn Grange’, which was built in 1907. The park contains remnant native ridge-top trees of Blackbutt and Turpentine which provide plenty of shade. There are three covered picnic tables, a double plated BBQ and a playground in the park.
Lowanna Park, Greville Street and Fullers Road, Chatswood
Lowanna Park – Chatswood
Mona Vale Beach is a surf beach that runs south east for 1 km between the rock platform that divides it from the Basin, to the foot of the 30 m high shale cliff that separates it from its southern neighbour Warriewood to which it is periodically joined. Basin Beach is a 300m semi circular beach in the lee of the northern Mona Vale Head.
Surfview Rd Mona Vale NSW 2103
Mona Vale Beach – Mona Vale
The Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden is located on 123 hectares of tranquil bushland on the edge of the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. It features six walking tracks, picnic areas with BBQs, a playground and a function centre.
420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden – St Ives
Burnie Park is like a hidden oasis in Clovelly. Close to Clovelly Beach, the park includes a fun, interactive, children’s playground complete with large wooden jungle gym, see-saw, swings, a baby bucket swing, low height flying fox and a protective shade structure. There is something for all children of all ages to enjoy.
1R Burnie Street, Clovelly NSW 2031
Burnie Park – Clovelly
Tantallon Oval is an award-winning oval located on the corner of Epping Road & Tantallon Road. This is a public oval & surrounded with parkland.
Tantallon Oval Tantallon Rd & Epping Road, Lane Cove North NSW 2066, Australia
Tantallon Oval – Lane Cove North
Hughes Park was constructed on the site of a former bowling club in 2015 and consists of a playground for all ages, barbeque facilities, picnic tables, a community garden and outdoor fitness equipment. Parking and toilet facilities are also available. The park is named after former local Billy Hughes who 100 years ago became the Prime Minister of Australia. Billy was also the Member for North Sydney and still holds the record as the longest-serving MP with 58 years of service, 51 years at Federal level.Hughes Park Opening.JPG
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre – Lane Cove
Since opening in 1995, Mary MacKillop Place Museum has been engaging visitors with an interactive display that recreates the story of Australia’s first Saint, Mary MacKillop and the co-founder of the order of the Sisters of St Joseph, Fr Julian Tenison Woods.
7-11 Mount Street North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia
Mary MacKillop Place Museum – North Sydney
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, athletics track, four tennis courts, soccer/rugby field, exercise equipment, playground and clubhouse
Eastern Road Turramurra Australia
Turramurra Memorial Park – Turramurra
Pleasant picnic location with lawns and shade. Divided by Tamarama Marine Drive: West section is a large open area with a shady gully; the smaller Eastern section contains the listed facilities.
Tamarama Park, Tamarama Marine Drive ,Tamarama 2026
Tamarama Park – Tamarama
The Village Green refers to the narrow park alongside Artarmon Station. It was originally part of the land put aside for the building of the North Shore Railway, and is now leased by Council from Railcorp. It was dedicated by Council on 21 September 1968, and a plaque with the following inscription was set into a large rock in the park to mark the event:
Artarmon Village GreenArtarmon Village Green,Artarmon Station, Hampden Road, Artarmon
Artarmon Village Green (Artarmon Station) – Artarmon
Conveniently located close to transport and shops, this venue is perfect for meetings, classes and small parties. It can accommodate up to 60 people and has a piano and projector with screen. Available to hire Sunday – Thursday 7am to 11pm, and Friday to Saturday 7am to midnight.
259 Pacific Highway Lindfield Australia
Lindfield Seniors Centre / Community Hall – Lindfield
Located on Cantrill Avenue Maroubra, this large fenced reserve includes picnic areas with seating and tables and a playground. There is also a bike track through the reserve and the large grassed area makes it a great spot to kick a ball around or even fly a kite.
2-4R Cantrill Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
Quarry Reserve – Maroubra
Walter Williamson Park (previously Central Park), located on Cooper Street, Maroubra, is a large open space park offering grass and mature trees with natural shade. There is bench style seating located to watch the kids enjoy the playground and bike track, and plenty of room to kick around a ball or swing a bat.
28R Cooper Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Walter Williamson Park – Maroubra
Harbourview Park is a cool leafy oasis in the centre of the intense residential development of Woollahra. Its mature trees provide a green canopy over much of the park. It is a pleasant “shortcut” on a walk from Bondi Junction to Double Bay.
Harbourview Park - Woollahra
Harbourview Park – Woollahra
Kenneth Slessor Park is named after the renowned Australian poet and journalist, Kenneth Slessor (1901-71), who lived nearby at several houses along Pacific Highway in Chatswood for the early and later part of his life. Originally called Western Park, the park has western views to the Blue Mountains and was part of the Fuller Estate. The land was purchased by Council in 1931.
Western way, chatswood
Kenneth Slessor Park – Chatswood
Bundock Park is located directly adjacent to Clovelly Beach. On the southern side of the beach you will find an amenities building, beach inspectors’ office, the Sea Salt Cafe, picnic shelters, BBQs and external showers. A children’s playground is located in a small grassed area behind the beach. There are also several small, grassed picnic areas, many of which are enclosed by mature native planting. On the northern side of the bay there are formal pathways, picnic shelters, BBQs, and extensive plantings of native trees and shrubs. The Coastal Walkway runs through the park and it is popular with walkers and joggers.
3-25R Eastbourne Avenue, Clovelly NSW 2031
Bundock Park – Clovelly
Blackman Park is located in Lloyd Rees Drive (off Wood Street) Lane Cove West. This is a large Park located beside the Lane Cove River consisting of sporting grounds, picnic areas, large flat open space and river foreshore bushwalks. There is ample parking for up to 80 cars. In the Picnic area at the far end of the park there are wood BBQs and picnic tables and a small picnic shelter.
Blackman park Lloyd Rees Dr, Lane Cove West NSW 2066, Australia
Blackman Park – Lane Cove West
Oatley Memorial Gardens offers a pleasant outdoor area for residents and visitors near the centre of Oatley Village. Located between Oatley Parade and Oatley Avenue, south of Hurstville Road, the Gardens are a green gateway into the centre of Oatley Village.
Oatley Ave, Oatley
Oatley Memorial Gardens – Oatley
Showcasing the talent of Council’s stonemasons, this groovy sandstone castle boasts a timber drawbridge, Juliette balcony with views to the resident ‘dragon’, and an internal staircase leading to the secret exit (a spiral slide). Tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac this hidden gem is closely guarded by local princes and princesses.
Prior Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Prior Avenue Reserve Park – Cremorne
Stuart Street Reserve, Blakehurst is classified as district green space, which was part of original 120 acres granted to William Fitzpatrick. The land was purchased by Father John Joseph Therry in 1837. In 1877 most of this land was subdivided and auctioned as the Georgeton (sometimes Georgetown) Estate.
Stuart Street , Blakehurst
Stuart Street Reserve – Blakehurst
One of Ku-ring-gai’s biggest and most beautiful sports and recreation spots, with soccer fields, baseball diamonds, mountain bike park, BBQ and playground overlooking bushland
Esk Street Wahroonga Australia
Golden Jubilee Field – Wahroonga
It is suitable for use by schools, community groups and for racing. The course layout can be tailored to suit different levels of ability. The Showground has previously hosted overniight cross country bookings; additional facilities such the Jim Watson Main Arena or the Rotary Kiosk can be hired to facilitate larger events and overnight stays. The additional hire of the Jim Watson Main Arena would also provide use of showers, bleechers and broadcasting box.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Cross Country Track – St Ives
A centrally located and well-used urban park. With paving, pathways and rolling lawns dotted with mature specimen trees, Civic Park is a pleasant meeting place for the North Sydney community. North Sydney’s Civic Centre opened in September 1982. The site was the subject of numerous plans, both commercial and civic, since it was first mooted as a civic centre in the 1940s. The Civic Centre incorporates a number of existing buildings, including the Council Chambers and the Stanton Library, together with a park area consisting of lawns and gardens, known as Civic Park.
200 Miller Street North Sydney New South Wales 2060
Civic Park & Community Centre – North Sydney
Situated in the hub of St Ives, this large hall can accommodate up to 300 people and comes equipped with a stage, full kitchen and disabled access. Great for family functions such as birthdays and reunions, also indoor sports activities. Available to book every day, 7am – 1am.
Memorial Avenue St Ives Australia
St Ives Community Hall – St Ives
Turramurra Seniors Centre / Community Hall is perfect for small functions and group meetings, with air conditioning, kitchen and projector screen. This hall can accomodate up to 70 people. Available to book every day, 7am – midnight.
1 Gilroy Road Turramurra Australia
Turramurra Seniors Centre / Community Hall – Turramurra
The park is a neighbourhood park that is a green and pleasantly landscaped open space that provides opportunities for low-key informal recreation activities. The park reflects the village atmosphere of the surrounding area and incorporates many tangible reminders of its former use.
Royal Hospital for Women Park, Glenmore Road, Paddington
Royal Hospital for Women Park – Paddington
The Pool complex (Pool & Gym & Creche) allows everyone to combine swimming with other leisure or fitness pursuits in the one spectacular location overlooking Sydney Harbour, next door to Luna Park and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Customers can pay per-visit or choose a membership package of fees in order to enjoy the heated swimming facilities and full use of the gymnasium, spa and sauna.
4 Alfred St S, Milsons Point NSW 2061, Australia
North Sydney Olympic Pool – Milsons Point
Named after Dr Elsie Okey (nee Wearn) (1904-1995), Artarmon’s first female dentist. Elsie was a pioneer for women in dentistry, opening her practice in Hampden Road in 1945 and later moving to Wilkes Avenue until her retirement in 1974. She was the first honorary dental surgeon at the Rachel Forster Hospital for Women and Children for 22 years, and also provided dental services to the Burnside Children’s Homes for 14 years.
Elsie Wearn Park,Robert Street, Artarmon
Elsie Wearn Park – Artarmon
Castlecove was the name given by Walter Burley Griffin to the most northern of the three Middle Harbour peninsulas on which he purchased land in 1920.
Holly Street, Castle Cove
Castle Cove Park – Castle Cove
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside and a separate kitchen. DVD, CD, AV and PA equipment, including screen, available on request.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Gordon Library Meeting Room 1 – Gordon
Grace Campbell Reserve 3 is a pocket park located between Grace Campbell Crescent and Rhodes Street, Hillsdale. The reserve acts as a thoroughfare between Grace Campbell Crescent and Rhodes Street. A small playground is located off Grace Campbell Crescent.
7 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve 3 – Hillsdale