bus stop within 100m, neighbourhood playground
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
Fitting comfortably in the corner of Fred Hutley Reserve, this playground has stroller access from Palmer Street. It is surrounded by a low timber retaining wall which functions as both the playground edge and informal seating for parents and carers. Behind this wall, landscaped mounds create a physical barrier between children and the street and soften and screen the playground, creating a relaxed and intimate atmosphere with a range of equipment including a triple embankment slide, spinning poles, traditional roundabout, cable climb structure and swings.
Hamilton Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
Balcombe Heights Sportsground (Masonic Ovals) features two single sports fields with a synthetic cricket pitch located in the centre of each. The cricket pitches are covered in the winter. Both are only small fields and best suited to local lower level sports. Touch football is played during the summer season on both fields and Soccer in Winter.
Seven Hills Road, Baulkham Hills 2153
Mainly flat playing field with views to the Ocean. The reserve also contains remnant vegetation, which is looked after by a team of dedicated bushcare volunteers.
Hugh Bamford Reserve Miltary Road (north of the golf club) North Bondi 2026
Bieler Park is located between Frenchmans Road and Gilderthorpe Avenue in Randwick. It features a kid’s playground, mature trees which provide shade, seating areas and a small grassed open space.
56R Gilderthorpe Avenue, Randwick NSW 2031
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Hereward Reserve is located in Maroubra and offers an abundance of natural shade as well as a large children’s playground. The playground includes a large climbing frame, swings, a jungle gym and soft- fall flooring. There is also plenty of park seating under the natural shade to sit back and relax whilst watching your kids.
9R Hereward Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Mona Vale Beach is a surf beach that runs south east for 1 km between the rock platform that divides it from the Basin, to the foot of the 30 m high shale cliff that separates it from its southern neighbour Warriewood to which it is periodically joined. Basin Beach is a 300m semi circular beach in the lee of the northern Mona Vale Head.
Surfview Rd Mona Vale NSW 2103
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
The park caters for sports such as cricket, rugby union and soccer. It is also a great place to enjoy a sunny day with a picnic rug or a pair of joggers.
Rushcutters Bay Park,New Beach Road, Darling Point
Wassell Street Reserve is located in Matraville. It has a fenced children’s playground fronting Wassell Street. The reserve is located between residential properties and adjoins local market gardens.
20R Wassell Street, Matraville
Enjoy a hit-out with friends or family at this secluded spot backing on to picturesque bushland. Features four tennis courts, playground and toilets.
End of Morona Avenue Wahroonga Australia
Watt Park Playground is a traditional heritage style playground reminiscent of North Sydney’s original playgrounds. It caters for a wide age range of children in an environment that is pleasant and relaxing for carers. It is a very cool and shady playground ideal for summer use and incorporates a roundabout, seesaw, swings, spring-mounted boat and embankment slides.
Lavender Crescent McMahons Point New South Wales 2060
The reserve was proclaimed a War Memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954.
Northbridge War Memorial, War Memorial Playing Fields, Northbridge NSW 2063
Pleasant picnic location with lawns and shade. Divided by Tamarama Marine Drive: West section is a large open area with a shady gully; the smaller Eastern section contains the listed facilities.
Tamarama Park, Tamarama Marine Drive ,Tamarama 2026
On the first Sunday of each month a Bushcare group works at Anglo Park, looking after the significant Blue Gum High Forest plant community, including Blue Gums and Blackbutts 20-30m tall.
Anglo Park, 14 Anglo St, Chatswood
Rose Bay Park is a small park located below the Rose Bay Police Station and bounded between Point Piper Marina and Rose Bay Marina. The park provides a sandy beach and a shaded picnic area. This park is often used for small wedding ceremonies as there are many nearby reception venues. Rose Bay was named after The Right Honourable George Rose (he was not knighted) who was joint Secretary to the British Treasury with Thomas Steele, after whom Steel(e) Point at Nielsen Park was named. The name Rose Bay was used as early as 1778 by Captain John Hunter.
Rose Bay Park, Corner New South Head Road and Wunulla Road, Rose Bay
A centrally located and well-used urban park. With paving, pathways and rolling lawns dotted with mature specimen trees, Civic Park is a pleasant meeting place for the North Sydney community. North Sydney’s Civic Centre opened in September 1982. The site was the subject of numerous plans, both commercial and civic, since it was first mooted as a civic centre in the 1940s. The Civic Centre incorporates a number of existing buildings, including the Council Chambers and the Stanton Library, together with a park area consisting of lawns and gardens, known as Civic Park.
200 Miller Street North Sydney New South Wales 2060
Cook’s Paddock is a small park of heritage significance. It was once the overnight paddock for delivery horses for the James Cook Bakery on Oxford Street, Paddington. Now it is a small fenced playground with a see-saw and swing set with park benches for the adults.
James Cook Reserve (Cook's Paddock),Victoria Place, Paddington
Located on Broome Street Maroubra, this reserve includes seating and a playground that was built in 2014. The new playground was partly funded, with a generous donation by the late Dr Lynn Joseph.
114R Broome Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Oatley Memorial Gardens offers a pleasant outdoor area for residents and visitors near the centre of Oatley Village. Located between Oatley Parade and Oatley Avenue, south of Hurstville Road, the Gardens are a green gateway into the centre of Oatley Village.
Oatley Ave, Oatley
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside. This second meeting room is located furthest away from the main library building with a lounge area and kitchenette in front.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Sandy Bay lies immediately north of Clontarf with Sandy Bay Road providing access to the bay. The 120m wide bay is very sheltered and faces southeast toward The Spit just 500 m away. It has a low, narrow, curving 150 m long high tide beach (SH 17) fronted by intertidal sand flats up to 200 m wide, which fills most of the bay. The road runs around the rear of the beach, terminating at the northern end of the bay, with a small creek draining to the centre. Boats are moored off the sand flats.
Sandy Bay Road Clontarf NSW 2093
The park named after Victor Trumper is caters for cricket as well as Australian Rules and athletics. A series of walking trails connect surrounding streets.
Trumper Park Oval,Hampden Street, Paddington
Gap Park is located on a coastal escarpment on Sydney Harbour’s South Head. It has spectacular views of both the harbour and the sea. There are a series of basic paths amidst windswept native coastal vegetation that traverse the cliff tops. The area is one of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations. It attracts international and national tour groups, independent visitors, and local residents who use the park for walking, harbour and ocean viewing, bird watching, whale watching and spectating major harbour events. Additionally the park supports a rich history containing early fortifications, shipwreck relicts, and disused gun placements from past wars.
Gap Park, Gap Road, Watsons Bay
Perfect for family functions, meetings and indoor sports activities. East Roseville Community Hall can accommodate up to 120 people. The hall is fully equipped with kitchen, toilets with disabled access, air conditioning, and a newly refurbished outdoor playground.
6 Babbage Road Roseville Australia
Charles Bean Sportsground is the first ever synthetic playing field in Ku-ring-gai Council to be constructed. The new synthetic surface allows the playing field to be used during wet weather and reduces maintenance costs, compared to a grass surface.
Eton Rd Lindfield 2070 Australia
The Village Green refers to the narrow park alongside Artarmon Station. It was originally part of the land put aside for the building of the North Shore Railway, and is now leased by Council from Railcorp. It was dedicated by Council on 21 September 1968, and a plaque with the following inscription was set into a large rock in the park to mark the event:
Artarmon Village GreenArtarmon Village Green,Artarmon Station, Hampden Road, Artarmon
Spooner Park is located on the northern side of Jubilee Avenue and represents a green island space inbetween an existing triangle of Battye, Ferry and Jubilee Avenues in Beverley Park. It is a local park adjacent to the Beverley Park Golf Course, and part of the original wetland corridor flowing into Kogarah Bay.
Spooner Park Jubilee Ave Beverley Park NSW 2217 Australia
Located on Jenner Street, part of the Prince Henry precinct in Little Bay, this reserve is also known locally as Macartney Oval. It is a large park, ideal for sport and recreation alike, and also has seating and a playground for toddlers.
5R Jenner Street, Little Bay NSW 2036
Named after William and Henry Mashman who operated a pottery business on the site of the park from 1885. The Mashman Brothers company, Victoria Pottery, produced terracotta and stoneware including chimney pots, urns, chicken feeders, bread crocks and storage jars. As more houses were built in Chatswood, the company also produced drainage and sewer pipes. In 1959 the Royal Doulton Company bought the business and continued making only sanitary wares. In 1980 Caroma Industries P/L acquired the business but ceased trading in 2000. Council was given the park in 2004 by the Huang family who converted the former factory building into residential apartments.
Mashman Park, Chatswood
Warrane Reserve features an open grassed area with scattered trees and screen plantings of trees along its edges. A small bushland reserve separates the grass area from Eastern Valley Way.
Warrane Reserve,Warrane Road, Chatswood
HMAT Barambah (formerly the SS Hobart) was a steamship built in 1912 for the Deutsche-Australische line, which operated services between Germany and Australia. The ship was seized by Australia in Melbourne at the commencement of WW1, renamed Barambah and used as a troop transport belonging to the Australian Commonwealth Government Line of Steamers. The ship’s final voyage from Australia to England was in 1925 having been sold and renamed SS Justin. Barambah was the name given to an Aboriginal mission town in Queensland (now Cherbourg), and means “source of the western wind”. There are two park benches, a picnic table. a level grassed area and an attractive 3m high rock face in this reserve. There are four parks and a garden in Barcoo Street:
18 and 34 Barambah St, Roseville
The Sydney Morning Herald on 20 October 1854 said it was: A pretty marine villa with commanding views of Port Jackson. Built in the first half of the 19th century, it was acquired by North Sydney Council in 1979 and converted into a local history museum, and is one of Council’s premier historical sites open to the public. It is a rare example of an early timber slab house nestled in a remnant Victorian garden. Featuring the history of the house and its former occupants, Don Bank’s displays focus on social history and our changing times.
6 Napier St, North Sydney, 2060
The North Turramurra Recreation Area (NTRA) sport facility features a synthetic Soccer sportsfield, small synthetic practice areas, two natural turf soccer fields (winter season) as well as cricket nets and a Cricket pitch to utilise in the (summer season). The facility also offers superior lighting for night time training and competition purposes.
361 Bobbin Head Road North Turramurra 2074 Australia
Finucane Reserve is a large flat park with mature trees providing natural shade. There is seating located throughout the park and there is a large children’s playground with climbing equipment, see-saw, spring animal and softfall flooring.
1R Finucane Crescent, Matraville
The Wright family have been long time residents of Boundary Street adjoining the park. Henry Wright (1897-1960) moved into his Hemsley Estate house in 1926, following service as a private with the AIF in England and France during WW1.
48 Barcoo St, Roseville
A lovely shaded park in the heart of Kensington located on the corner of Duke Street and Balfour Road. The park includes a fenced playground, interactive play equipment, a small bicycle track and a large open grassed area set below Balfour Street.
43R Duke Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Dr Walters Park in Chifley is a medium sized park with mature trees providing shade and a tranquil place to visit. Within the park is a fully fenced children’s playground with climbing equipment, a slide, seating and shade structure.
27-33R Lasseter Avenue, Chifley
Located between Ascot Street and Goodwood Street in Kensington, Kokoda Park is named in honour of those heroic soldiers who served and lost their lives on the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea during World War II. The park has a large grassed area and features a memorial pathway leading to a monument. The path is a symbolic representation of the Kokoda Track. The park also includes a fenced junior playground. Grab a coffee from a café on nearby Anzac Parade and wind down in the tranquil environment.
2R Goodwood Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Kenneth Slessor Park is named after the renowned Australian poet and journalist, Kenneth Slessor (1901-71), who lived nearby at several houses along Pacific Highway in Chatswood for the early and later part of his life. Originally called Western Park, the park has western views to the Blue Mountains and was part of the Fuller Estate. The land was purchased by Council in 1931.
Western way, chatswood