Named after J.R. (Reg) Warner who operated the ‘Waratah’ dairy in Edinburgh Road in 1914. His motto was “Service, hygiene and pure raw dairy milk”. He subdivided the dairy in 1942 and donated 5 acres to Willoughby Council for public recreation. During 1949-51 more land was purchased and resumed to enlarge the park and improve access. The Northbridge Bowling Club opened in 1954; the neighbouring Northbridge Women’s Bowling Club operated from 1957-2001.
The shady, fenced playground was constructed in 2005. A new “Village Green” was constructed in 2009, which is a multi purpose recreational area incorporating a picnic area and turfed “green” where casual ball games such as mini soccer can be played. New furniture including picnic settings, a BBQ, park benches and bin was installed, and trees, shrubs and groundcovers planted. The plants were chosen for their fragrant flowers, interesting form or foliage colours including pinks, reds and silvers, and the trees will provide shade once mature.
A new carpark was also completed which services the new Village Green in addition to the existing playground, Warners Park Centre and Bowling Club.
A Community Garden at the park is tended by Willoughby’s Community Garden group which meets twice a month.
There are pedestrian links between the park, Castlecrag (Keep Reserve), Kameruka Road and Eastern Valley Way (via Tarakan Crescent), and the park is on the Griffin Federation Historic Walk (Bicentennial Reserve to Castlecrag) route. The access path from Jack McLure Place is extremely steep. Bus stops are located on both sides of Kameruka Road between Jack McLure Place and The Outpost.