Woodford Bay Bicentennial Reserve is located at bottom of Woodford Street, Longueville. This is a landscaped historical park over looking the bay with pockets of bushland.
Woodford St Longueville NSW 2066, Australia
Woodford Bay Reserve – Longueville
Sutherland Park is named after the Hon. John Sutherland (1816-1889), Secretary for Public Works at the time of the building of the railway. Born in Scotland, he paid his passage to NSW in 1838 and worked as a builder, grazier, businessman and politician. He was Mayor of the Municipal Council of Sydney in 1861, and Member of NSW Parliament 1860-1889.
Sutherland Park, Sutherland Road, Chatswood
Sutherland Park – Chatswood
Oatley Memorial Gardens offers a pleasant outdoor area for residents and visitors near the centre of Oatley Village. Located between Oatley Parade and Oatley Avenue, south of Hurstville Road, the Gardens are a green gateway into the centre of Oatley Village.
Oatley Ave, Oatley
Oatley Memorial Gardens – Oatley
Stuart Street Reserve, Blakehurst is classified as district green space, which was part of original 120 acres granted to William Fitzpatrick. The land was purchased by Father John Joseph Therry in 1837. In 1877 most of this land was subdivided and auctioned as the Georgeton (sometimes Georgetown) Estate.
Stuart Street , Blakehurst
Stuart Street Reserve – Blakehurst
Sandy Bay lies immediately north of Clontarf with Sandy Bay Road providing access to the bay. The 120m wide bay is very sheltered and faces southeast toward The Spit just 500 m away. It has a low, narrow, curving 150 m long high tide beach (SH 17) fronted by intertidal sand flats up to 200 m wide, which fills most of the bay. The road runs around the rear of the beach, terminating at the northern end of the bay, with a small creek draining to the centre. Boats are moored off the sand flats.
Sandy Bay Road Clontarf NSW 2093
Sandy Bay – Clontarf
Finucane Reserve is a large flat park with mature trees providing natural shade. There is seating located throughout the park and there is a large children’s playground with climbing equipment, see-saw, spring animal and softfall flooring.
1R Finucane Crescent, Matraville
Finucane Reserve – Matraville
Elphinstone Reserve is a large open green space reserve with park seating. It is circled by a large footpath and junior bike track and has scattered mature trees for shade. In the front corner of the park is a small, fully fenced tiered space similar to a small amphitheatre, with park bench seating and a small gazebo for shade.
5R Elphinstone Road, South Coogee
Elphinstone Road Reserve – South Coogee
Sawmillers Reserve is one of North Sydney’s true hidden gems. Follow the winding steps down to the water’s edge for a beautiful view of the harbour and an old shipwreck lies just offshore in Berry’s Bay.
Munro Street McMahons Point New South Wales 2060
Sawmillers Reserve – McMahons Point
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
St Thomas Rest Park – Crows Nest
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Currey Park – Chatswood
Bieler Park is located between Frenchmans Road and Gilderthorpe Avenue in Randwick. It features a kid’s playground, mature trees which provide shade, seating areas and a small grassed open space.
56R Gilderthorpe Avenue, Randwick NSW 2031
Bieler Park – Randwick
Spooner Park is located on the northern side of Jubilee Avenue and represents a green island space inbetween an existing triangle of Battye, Ferry and Jubilee Avenues in Beverley Park. It is a local park adjacent to the Beverley Park Golf Course, and part of the original wetland corridor flowing into Kogarah Bay.
Spooner Park Jubilee Ave Beverley Park NSW 2217 Australia
Spooner Park – Beverley Park
Hurley Reserve is located in Matraville at the end of Hurley Cresent and Wilkes Avenue. It offers a children’s playground with swings, a bucket seat, climbing area, jungle gym, monkey bars, slide, spring animal and softfall flooring. It includes seating and plenty of natural shade and green grass for casual play.
2R Hurley Crescent , Matraville
Hurley Reserve – Matraville
Named after H.J. Greville an auditor of the Borough of Willoughby in the 1880s. The land was previously the site of a dairy started by Gladys Homer in the early 1930s. In the 1950s the land was subdivided and sold to Cumberland County Council. The land formed a boundary with the Army Rifle Range until its relocation in 1955. In 1960 the land was sold to Willoughby Municipal Council and named Greville Street Reserve. Willoughby City Council acknowledges the Cameraigal people as the traditional inhabitants of the area.
Greville Park,Greville Street ,Chatswood
Greville Park – Chatswood
Grace Campbell Reserve 3 is a pocket park located between Grace Campbell Crescent and Rhodes Street, Hillsdale. The reserve acts as a thoroughfare between Grace Campbell Crescent and Rhodes Street. A small playground is located off Grace Campbell Crescent.
7 Grace Campbell Crescent, Hillsdale 2036
Grace Campbell Reserve 3 – Hillsdale
Part of the Randwick Community Centre site, this Reserve has bike racks and picnic facilities – perfect for a fun day out with the family. While you’re out and about, check out the nearby Environment Park.
21-29 Munda Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Munda Street Reserve – Randwick
Sydney Harbour National Park. Remnant bushland, birdwatching, spotlighting, views of the city and harbour, bushwalking track to Rawson Oval.
Adjoining Clifton Gardens Reserve, Morella Road, Mosman
Clifton Gardens – Mosman
Hogben Park is located at the corner of Harrow Road and Railway Parade in Kogarah and is 2.6 hectares in size. The park is registered as a site of local heritage significance as it represents a section of the Ocean View Estate subdivision which was established in 1883 and extended across the railway line. The establishment of the railway severed this area from the rest of the Estate.
Hogben Park 2 Railway Parade Kogarah NSW 2217 Australia
Hogben Park – Kogarah
With a capacity of up to 80 people, this sunny room located in the old school building is perfect for meetings and small functions, with the beautiful Secret Garden just outside. This second meeting room is located furthest away from the main library building with a lounge area and kitchenette in front.
799 Pacific Highway Gordon Australia
Gordon Library Meeting Room 2 – Gordon
The South Maroubra Village Green is located adjacent to the South Maroubra Shopping Village on Meagher Avenue off Malabar Road. It’s a grassed area which includes a children’s playground. The park is also the location of many regular events such as the South Maroubra Village Green Art Show and the South Maroubra Community Christmas Carols.
5-19R Meagher Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
South Maroubra Village Green – Maroubra
This unique playground uses the existing landform as an integral part of the play environment. ‘Tiny tot’ equipment on the upper level is connected to junior equipment on the lower level via a landscaped embankment slide and rubber steps. The play area is flanked by beds of brightly flowering plants, a feature picked up in the details and colours of the custom designed equipment. This bright and sunny playground with spectacular views over middle harbour is a great winter play destination for young children.
Fifth Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
WH Brothers Memorial Park – Cremorne
Located between Ascot Street and Goodwood Street in Kensington, Kokoda Park is named in honour of those heroic soldiers who served and lost their lives on the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea during World War II. The park has a large grassed area and features a memorial pathway leading to a monument. The path is a symbolic representation of the Kokoda Track. The park also includes a fenced junior playground. Grab a coffee from a café on nearby Anzac Parade and wind down in the tranquil environment.
2R Goodwood Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Kokoda Park – Kensington
Turimetta Beach is a small 350m long beach between Turimetta and Narrabeen Head backed by 20 to 30 m high shale bluffs. The beach receives waves averaging 1.5m which break close to shore, and often has a heavy shore break. Two or three rips usually form at each end of the beach and in the centre amongst the rocks.
57 Narrabeen Park Parade Warriewood NSW 2102
Turimetta Beach – Warriewood
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
Chatswood Park – Chatswood
Named after Sir James Willoughby Gordon (1773-1851), English officer-soldier and associate of Sir Thomas Livingstone Mitchell, the NSW Surveyor-General, who assigned the name of ‘Willoughby’ to the local parish.
Willoughby Park, McClelland Street, Willoughby
Willoughby Park – Willoughby