Moore Reserve is an open space area in the Oatley District comprising approximately 14 hectares bordering on the suburbs of Oatley and Hurstville Grove in Southern Sydney. The reserve is a former municipal garbage tip that has been converted into reclaimed grass fields with recreational facilities and an artificial wetland area.
West Cr, Hurstville Grove
Moore Reserve – Hurstville Grove
Located in the centre of Watsons Bay, Robertson Park provides a significant tourist destination for local residents and visitors from Australia and overseas.
Robertson Park, Marine Parade, Watsons Bay
Robertson Park – Watsons Bay
Multi-purpose sports facility with synthetic wicket and two practice nets for cricket, soccer fields, two tennis courts, playground and BBQ
End of Bromborough Road Roseville Australia
Loyal Henry Park – Roseville
This iconic North Shore landmark has hosted a multitude of events including horse shows, dog shows, circuses, markets, fireworks displays, car shows, trailwalks, cross-country events, sports training and competitions.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
Jim Watson Main Arena – St Ives
Flack Avenue Reserve is a pocket park located near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road Hillsdale. The Reserve has play equipment and seating. The park is accessible to pedestrians from both Beauchamp Road and Flack Avenue.
Flack Avenue Reserve, Near the corner of Flack Avenue and Beauchamp Road, Hillsdale 2036
Flack Avenue Reserve – Hillsdale
The park has a playground and good views of the city and the local yachts. There is a restaurant and kiosk in nearby Rushcutters Bay Park. Popular vantage point for New Year’s Eve.
Yarranabbe Park, New Beach Road, Darling Point.
Yarranabbe Park – Darling Point
It is suitable for use by schools, community groups and for racing. The course layout can be tailored to suit different levels of ability. The Showground has previously hosted overniight cross country bookings; additional facilities such the Jim Watson Main Arena or the Rotary Kiosk can be hired to facilitate larger events and overnight stays. The additional hire of the Jim Watson Main Arena would also provide use of showers, bleechers and broadcasting box.
450 Mona Vale Road St Ives 2075 Australia
Cross Country Track – St Ives
Muston Park is named after William Thomas Muston, the original owner of the land and Mayor of Willoughby 1890. His home ‘Penshurst’ stood in the middle of the land which was subdivided and sold in 1921. In 1926 the Council purchased the land from Joseph Knight Smith, owner of Willoughby Hotel, and created a public park. The ‘Penshurst’ entry gates were re-located to Willoughby Park.
Muston Park, Penshurst Street, Chatswood
Muston Park – Chatswood
This unique playground uses the existing landform as an integral part of the play environment. ‘Tiny tot’ equipment on the upper level is connected to junior equipment on the lower level via a landscaped embankment slide and rubber steps. The play area is flanked by beds of brightly flowering plants, a feature picked up in the details and colours of the custom designed equipment. This bright and sunny playground with spectacular views over middle harbour is a great winter play destination for young children.
Fifth Avenue Cremorne New South Wales 2090
WH Brothers Memorial Park – Cremorne
Bicentennial Reserve is named after the Bicentenary of Australia 1788-1988. The land was claimed in 1933 as a ‘garbage destructor and sewerage dump’ for the community’s waste. In 1934 the reverberatory incinerator designed by Walter Burley Griffin opened and material from the waste operation was used to fill the Flat Rock Creek valley and create level areas for playing fields. After 1983 more fill was added to create a regional park.
Bicentennial Reserve,Small Street, Willoughby
Bicentennial Reserve – Willoughby
The reserve was proclaimed a War Memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954.
Northbridge War Memorial, War Memorial Playing Fields, Northbridge NSW 2063
Northbridge War Memorial – Northbridge
Dedicated in 1848, St Thomas’ Cemetery was the first burial ground on the North Shore. It was converted to a Rest Park in the 1970s. The Park contains interpretative signage for self-guided walks.
St Thomas Rest Park, West Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales
St Thomas Rest Park – Crows Nest
Oatley Memorial Gardens offers a pleasant outdoor area for residents and visitors near the centre of Oatley Village. Located between Oatley Parade and Oatley Avenue, south of Hurstville Road, the Gardens are a green gateway into the centre of Oatley Village.
Oatley Ave, Oatley
Oatley Memorial Gardens – Oatley
Walter Williamson Park (previously Central Park), located on Cooper Street, Maroubra, is a large open space park offering grass and mature trees with natural shade. There is bench style seating located to watch the kids enjoy the playground and bike track, and plenty of room to kick around a ball or swing a bat.
28R Cooper Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Walter Williamson Park – Maroubra
Mainly flat playing field with views to the Ocean. The reserve also contains remnant vegetation, which is looked after by a team of dedicated bushcare volunteers.
Hugh Bamford Reserve Miltary Road (north of the golf club) North Bondi 2026
Hugh Bamford Reserve – Bondi
The park is a neighbourhood park that is a green and pleasantly landscaped open space that provides opportunities for low-key informal recreation activities. The park reflects the village atmosphere of the surrounding area and incorporates many tangible reminders of its former use.
Royal Hospital for Women Park, Glenmore Road, Paddington
Royal Hospital for Women Park – Paddington
The Rotary Athletic Field is part of an original grant to John Jones, part of which later came into the possession of SB Whatmore.
Chatswood Rotary Memorial Athletics Field, Mowbray Road West, Lane Cove North
Chatswood Rotary War Memorial Athletics Field – Lane Cove North
Enjoy cricket and baseball in summer and soccer in winter at our state-of-the-art facilty. Features synthetic wicket, cricket nets, baseball batting cage and clubhouse.
Auluba Road South Turramurra Australia
Auluba Ovals 1 and 2 – South Turramurra
Located between Ascot Street and Goodwood Street in Kensington, Kokoda Park is named in honour of those heroic soldiers who served and lost their lives on the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea during World War II. The park has a large grassed area and features a memorial pathway leading to a monument. The path is a symbolic representation of the Kokoda Track. The park also includes a fenced junior playground. Grab a coffee from a café on nearby Anzac Parade and wind down in the tranquil environment.
2R Goodwood Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Kokoda Park – Kensington
Woomera Reserve is a large open grassed area located on Bunnerong Road in Little Bay. There’s a cricket pitch in the middle of the reserve, a playground in the south east corner and a kids bicycle track. The park is a designated dog off-leash exercise park
1103-1281 Bunnerong Road, Little Bay NSW 2036
Woomera Reserve – Little Bay
Set in the beautiful and historic St. Thomas’ Rest Park, this unique and accessible fully fenced playground has been created as a series of play ‘rooms’ connected by rubber pathways within lush native gardens. Activities have a whimsical theme with a groovy climbing ‘critter’, spring-mounted rockets, an old style ‘steam engine’, an unusual roundabout and two sets of double swings including an arm-power swing. A larger central structure incorporates an unusual sitting ‘capsule’ as well as tunnels, slides and climbing activities. Picnic tables are centrally located, making this a popular playground for longer visits.
West Street Crows Nest New South Wales 2065
St Thomas’ Rest Park – Crows Nest
Since opening in 1995, Mary MacKillop Place Museum has been engaging visitors with an interactive display that recreates the story of Australia’s first Saint, Mary MacKillop and the co-founder of the order of the Sisters of St Joseph, Fr Julian Tenison Woods.
7-11 Mount Street North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia
Mary MacKillop Place Museum – North Sydney
This colourful and fragrant park was designed by Landscape Consultant Stephen Whitteridge following community consultation, and completed in June 2008.
Whitton Park,Corner Whitton ,Oliver Roads, Chatswood
Whitton Park – Chatswood
Named after William and Henry Mashman who operated a pottery business on the site of the park from 1885. The Mashman Brothers company, Victoria Pottery, produced terracotta and stoneware including chimney pots, urns, chicken feeders, bread crocks and storage jars. As more houses were built in Chatswood, the company also produced drainage and sewer pipes. In 1959 the Royal Doulton Company bought the business and continued making only sanitary wares. In 1980 Caroma Industries P/L acquired the business but ceased trading in 2000. Council was given the park in 2004 by the Huang family who converted the former factory building into residential apartments.
Mashman Park, Chatswood
Mashman Park – Chatswood
Sandy Bay lies immediately north of Clontarf with Sandy Bay Road providing access to the bay. The 120m wide bay is very sheltered and faces southeast toward The Spit just 500 m away. It has a low, narrow, curving 150 m long high tide beach (SH 17) fronted by intertidal sand flats up to 200 m wide, which fills most of the bay. The road runs around the rear of the beach, terminating at the northern end of the bay, with a small creek draining to the centre. Boats are moored off the sand flats.
Sandy Bay Road Clontarf NSW 2093
Sandy Bay – Clontarf
Mona Vale Beach is a surf beach that runs south east for 1 km between the rock platform that divides it from the Basin, to the foot of the 30 m high shale cliff that separates it from its southern neighbour Warriewood to which it is periodically joined. Basin Beach is a 300m semi circular beach in the lee of the northern Mona Vale Head.
Surfview Rd Mona Vale NSW 2103
Mona Vale Beach – Mona Vale
This “T” shaped park with access from both Edgecliff Road and Fletcher Street has a nautical themed playground. There is climbing equipment, slides, swings and various activities to keep children amused.
Plumb Reserve,Fletcher Street and Edgecliff Road, Woollahra.
Plumb Reserve – Woollahra
Pioneers Park is a large recreational facility located on the corner of Franklin Street and Cromwell Place in Malabar, only a few minutes walk from Malabar Beach. The park consists of several large grassed areas and sports fields with native shrubs and a few trees.
1160-1196R Anzac Parade, Malabar
Pioneers Park – Malabar