Multi-purpose sports facility with turf and synthetic wickets plus two practice nets for cricket, floodlit tennis courts, rugby fields and playground at Lindfield Soldiers Memorial Park.
62a Tryon Road, East Lindfield
Lindfield Oval – East Lindfield
The lower area of the Reserve is a grassed area overlooking the pools and the Ocean. In the upper area, there is a grassed, shady picnic, play area and sculptures.
Biddigal Reserve Ramsgate Ave (north end of Bondi Beach) North Bondi 2026
Biddigal Reserve – North Bondi
Located on Broome Street Maroubra, this reserve includes seating and a playground that was built in 2014. The new playground was partly funded, with a generous donation by the late Dr Lynn Joseph.
114R Broome Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Ocean View Reserve – Maroubra
Located on the corner of Beauchamp Road and Anzac Parade Matraville, this large grassed area provides an entrance to a housing estate that was established between 1918 and 1925 to house returned soldiers and widows of soldiers from World War I.
361-399R Beauchamp Road, Matraville
Memorial Reserve – Matraville
This park located on the corner of Middle Street and Jane Street, Randwick, features grassed and paved areas, along with barbecue facilities, picnic tables and seating. The park is named after the first Mayor of Randwick City, Simeon Pearce.
121-123R Middle Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Simeon Pearce Park – Randwick
Mainly flat playing field with views to the Ocean. The reserve also contains remnant vegetation, which is looked after by a team of dedicated bushcare volunteers.
Hugh Bamford Reserve Miltary Road (north of the golf club) North Bondi 2026
Hugh Bamford Reserve – Bondi
Named after Charles Wickham (1869-1936), local resident and skilled gardener. Charles was the ‘guiding genius’ of the gardens on the Village Green at Artarmon Railway Station. The gardens were first established by the Artarmon Progress Association in 1928. As a volunteer he made the gardens into his retirement hobby, eventually being employed by Council. During 1983-1990 three blocks of land in White Street were acquired by Council for open space in response to Artarmon becoming a more populated suburb. Landscape improvements were completed in 2007.
Wickham Park, White Street, Artarmon
Wickham Park – Artarmon
Ingram Street Reserve is located on the corner of Ingram Street and Dowling Lane in Kensington. It offers a peaceful park space with children’s play equipment, some scattered natural shade and park seating. The playground boasts a climbing frame and platforms, monkey bars, a swing set and softfall flooring. There is also a junior bike track and footpath through the reserve for safe access.
2R Ingram Street, Kensington NSW 2033
Ingram Street Reserve – Kensington
Hughes Park was constructed on the site of a former bowling club in 2015 and consists of a playground for all ages, barbeque facilities, picnic tables, a community garden and outdoor fitness equipment. Parking and toilet facilities are also available. The park is named after former local Billy Hughes who 100 years ago became the Prime Minister of Australia. Billy was also the Member for North Sydney and still holds the record as the longest-serving MP with 58 years of service, 51 years at Federal level.Hughes Park Opening.JPG
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre – Lane Cove
Walter Williamson Park (previously Central Park), located on Cooper Street, Maroubra, is a large open space park offering grass and mature trees with natural shade. There is bench style seating located to watch the kids enjoy the playground and bike track, and plenty of room to kick around a ball or swing a bat.
28R Cooper Street, Maroubra NSW 2035
Walter Williamson Park – Maroubra
These form integral parts of an open space corridor that extends from Newlands Park in Lane Cove, south to the harbour foreshore. Smoothey Park is a mix of European style parkland and natural bushland areas, while the many vegetation communities in Gore Cove Reserve provide habitat for a diverse range of wildlife.
Milray Avenue Wollstonecraft New South Wales 2065
Smoothey Park & Gore Cove Reserve – Wollstonecraft
Named after Dr Elsie Okey (nee Wearn) (1904-1995), Artarmon’s first female dentist. Elsie was a pioneer for women in dentistry, opening her practice in Hampden Road in 1945 and later moving to Wilkes Avenue until her retirement in 1974. She was the first honorary dental surgeon at the Rachel Forster Hospital for Women and Children for 22 years, and also provided dental services to the Burnside Children’s Homes for 14 years.
Elsie Wearn Park,Robert Street, Artarmon
Elsie Wearn Park – Artarmon
East Lindfield Community Hall is a beautiful, modern venue for group meetings, parties and indoor activities (e.g. dance classes and martial arts programs). It can accommodate up to 150 people and has a stage with PA and sound system; kitchen with fridge and oven; and an enclosed grass area.
9 Wellington Road East Lindfield Australia
East Lindfield Community Hall – East Lindfield
To reach this park, walk down the path at the end of Hotham Street through the bamboo jungle. There are 3 picnic table setting, a park bench, a set of swing and an embankment slide along with landscapes gardens. The playground is very shady due to the proximity of trees and surrounding buildings.
Hotham Street Reserve ,Hotham Street, Chatswood
Hotham Street Reserve – Chatswood
Named after Alderman Joseph Bales, Mayor of Willoughby in 1931-32, 1936, 1938-42 and 1945-47. On land formerly used as Chinese market gardens, the park was created by resumption and private purchase during 1930, and was known as Central Park. In 1952, more land was resumed to increase the park area.
Bales Park, Stanley Street, Chatswood
Bales Park – Chatswood
The north end of Curl Curl at the entrance of Curl Curl Lagoon. An off-leash dog exercise area is behind the dunes at Adam Street Reserve and no dogs are allowed on the beach. Swiming in Curl Curl Lagoon is not recommended.
Griffin Road North Curl Curl NSW 2099
North Curl Curl Beach – North Curl Curl
This park is located on the corner of Botany Street and Rainbow Street, Randwick. It comprises a playground, dog exercise park, sports field as well as toilets and change rooms
187-203R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Paine Reserve – Randwick
Located on Cantrill Avenue Maroubra, this large fenced reserve includes picnic areas with seating and tables and a playground. There is also a bike track through the reserve and the large grassed area makes it a great spot to kick a ball around or even fly a kite.
2-4R Cantrill Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
Quarry Reserve – Maroubra
Bieler Park is located between Frenchmans Road and Gilderthorpe Avenue in Randwick. It features a kid’s playground, mature trees which provide shade, seating areas and a small grassed open space.
56R Gilderthorpe Avenue, Randwick NSW 2031
Bieler Park – Randwick
Named after Gregory Bartels, AM (1926-2015), who served on Willoughby City Council from 1983-1993, as Alderman, Deputy Mayor (1985-87, 1989 -91) and as Mayor (1991-93). He devoted much of his life to public service, including Patron, Chairman, Member and Director of many community groups. The land was acquired by Council in 1948. It was previously known as Edgar Street Reserve.
Edgar Street Chatswood
Bartels Park – Chatswood
One of Ku-ring-gai’s biggest and most beautiful sports and recreation spots, with soccer fields, baseball diamonds, mountain bike park, BBQ and playground overlooking bushland
Esk Street Wahroonga Australia
Golden Jubilee Field – Wahroonga
Castlecove was the name given by Walter Burley Griffin to the most northern of the three Middle Harbour peninsulas on which he purchased land in 1920.
Holly Street, Castle Cove
Castle Cove Park – Castle Cove
Coast Hospital Memorial Park (also known as Pine Avenue Reserve) in Little Bay, is a large open park space with masses of grass, mature Pine trees and views out to beautiful Little Bay and beyond.
21R Pine Avenue, Little Bay NSW 2036
Coast Hospital Memorial Park – Little Bay
Great facility for cricket with both turf and synthetic wickets and three practice nets, along with rugby and soccer playing fields plus exercise equipment
26a Koola Avenue East Killara Australia
Koola Park – East Killara
This playground is tucked away in a quite location surrounded by residential properties. It is at the end of a narrow laneway and has a gentle slope to the north. There are numerous mature trees as well as large open lawn areas.
Benelong Lane Cremorne New South Wales 2090
Grasmere Reserve – Cremorne
Thomson park is named after the Hon. Dugald Thomson (1848 -1922), the first Federal Member for North Sydney (1901-1910). He was a Free Trader and supported the railway line being extended from St Leonards to Milsons Point. The land was originally part of William Gore’s land grant of 150 acres from the present day St Leonards to Artarmon Railway Station. The land was acquired by the Council in 1925. The sportsground and children’s playground were developed in 1928.
Thomson Park, Reserve Rd, Artarmon
Thomson Park – Artarmon
This colourful and fragrant park was designed by Landscape Consultant Stephen Whitteridge following community consultation, and completed in June 2008.
Whitton Park,Corner Whitton ,Oliver Roads, Chatswood
Whitton Park – Chatswood
One of Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation facilities, Bicentennial Park is home to Ku-ring-gai Fitness and Aquatic Centre and West Pymble Bowling and Sports Club, and plays host to many community events including Carols in the Park and Australia Day.
Corner Lofberg Road and Yanko Road West Pymble Australia
Bicentennial Park – West Pymble
Allan Small Park has received a big makeover! We upgraded park facilities through a staged implementation of works aimed at improving general use, access and sustainability in accordance with the Allan Small Park Landscape Masterplan.
Saiala Road East Killara Australia
Allan Small Oval – Killara
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Currey Park – Chatswood
John Shore Park is located near Maroubra Beach on Mons Avenue and across the road from Broadarrow Reserve. The park is fairly flat and a good spot for ball games or group activities, but there are no facilities in this park.
172-174R Mons Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
John Shore Park – Maroubra