Bush setting with shops nearby
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
Hughes Park was constructed on the site of a former bowling club in 2015 and consists of a playground for all ages, barbeque facilities, picnic tables, a community garden and outdoor fitness equipment. Parking and toilet facilities are also available. The park is named after former local Billy Hughes who 100 years ago became the Prime Minister of Australia. Billy was also the Member for North Sydney and still holds the record as the longest-serving MP with 58 years of service, 51 years at Federal level.Hughes Park Opening.JPG
Hughes Park and the Waterview Community Centre
Named after Gregory Bartels, AM (1926-2015), who served on Willoughby City Council from 1983-1993, as Alderman, Deputy Mayor (1985-87, 1989 -91) and as Mayor (1991-93). He devoted much of his life to public service, including Patron, Chairman, Member and Director of many community groups. The land was acquired by Council in 1948. It was previously known as Edgar Street Reserve.
Edgar Street Chatswood
Fitting comfortably in the corner of Fred Hutley Reserve, this playground has stroller access from Palmer Street. It is surrounded by a low timber retaining wall which functions as both the playground edge and informal seating for parents and carers. Behind this wall, landscaped mounds create a physical barrier between children and the street and soften and screen the playground, creating a relaxed and intimate atmosphere with a range of equipment including a triple embankment slide, spinning poles, traditional roundabout, cable climb structure and swings.
Hamilton Avenue Cammeray New South Wales 2062
A lovely shaded park in the heart of Kensington located on the corner of Duke Street and Balfour Road. The park includes a fenced playground, interactive play equipment, a small bicycle track and a large open grassed area set below Balfour Street.
43R Duke Street, Kensington NSW 2033
The park named after Victor Trumper is caters for cricket as well as Australian Rules and athletics. A series of walking trails connect surrounding streets.
Trumper Park Oval,Hampden Street, Paddington
Sexton’s Cottage, once used for laying out bodies prior to burial, was restored and turned into a museum in 1984. in 2017 it underwent undergone a major renovation. It houses resources for researching the history of the cemetery and those buried there. Exciting new attractions include a striking reproduction mourning dress and mourning jewellery.
250 West St, Crows Nest
East Lindfield Community Hall is a beautiful, modern venue for group meetings, parties and indoor activities (e.g. dance classes and martial arts programs). It can accommodate up to 150 people and has a stage with PA and sound system; kitchen with fridge and oven; and an enclosed grass area.
9 Wellington Road East Lindfield Australia
Named after the Chatswood Estate of Richard Hayes Harnett (1819-1902). In 1898 Council acquired the land, which had been Chinese market gardens. More land was purchased in 1909, 1914 and 1932. The sports oval has been the home ground of the Gordon (formerly Willoughby) District Cricket Club since 1900 and the Gordon Highlanders (formerly Roseville) Rugby Club since 1936. Chatswood Skate Park was opened in the park 26 January 2001 and refurbished in June 2008.
Chatswood Park,35 Orchard Road, Chatswood
Gorgeous manicured gardens with fenced playground and rotunda. A great venue for functions such as birthdays, weddings and family picnics. Wahroonga Park also plays host to the popular Twilight Concerts every year.
Coonanbarra Road Wahroonga Australia
Situated on the corner of Mona Vale and Rosedale Roads, this small meeting room is perfect for group meetings and classes, with tables and chairs, fridge and whiteboard. Available for bookings every day, 7am – 11pm
207 Mona Vale Road St Ives Australia
One of Ku-ring-gai’s largest sports and recreation facilities, Bicentennial Park is home to Ku-ring-gai Fitness and Aquatic Centre and West Pymble Bowling and Sports Club, and plays host to many community events including Carols in the Park and Australia Day.
Corner Lofberg Road and Yanko Road West Pymble Australia
Carss Bush Park is located on the foreshore of Kogarah Bay, off Carwar Avenue, Carss Park. The park land consists of a relatively large area of public open space partly adjoined by residential properties. It covers an area of approximately 25 hectares and has been classified as a place of Regional Heritage Significance under the provisions of the Kogarah Local Environmental Plan, 1998.
Carss Bush Park Carwar Ave Carss Park NSW 2221 Australia
Tucked away between Terrigal and Avoca Beach, this is also the ideal location for a beach walk. Although patrolled, visitors are warned to keep an eye out for rips generally located in the northern end. There is a popular dog walking area between Avoca & North Avoca Beaches.
North Avoca Parade, NORTH AVOCA NSW 2260
The South Maroubra Village Green is located adjacent to the South Maroubra Shopping Village on Meagher Avenue off Malabar Road. It’s a grassed area which includes a children’s playground. The park is also the location of many regular events such as the South Maroubra Village Green Art Show and the South Maroubra Community Christmas Carols.
5-19R Meagher Avenue, Maroubra NSW 2035
The Village Green refers to the narrow park alongside Artarmon Station. It was originally part of the land put aside for the building of the North Shore Railway, and is now leased by Council from Railcorp. It was dedicated by Council on 21 September 1968, and a plaque with the following inscription was set into a large rock in the park to mark the event:
Artarmon Village GreenArtarmon Village Green,Artarmon Station, Hampden Road, Artarmon
Named after Henry Currey, Chatswood resident and prospector. In 1897 Henry Currey subdivided and sold his land on the corner of Victor Street and Albert Avenue to finance his mining ventures, and dedicated Tingha Street to Council. Tingha is a tin mining town south of Inverell, NSW. This park, including the former Tingha St, was created in response to increasing residential development in the Chatswood CBD in the mid 1970s.
Currey Park,Victor Street, Chatswood
Located on Jenner Street, part of the Prince Henry precinct in Little Bay, this reserve is also known locally as Macartney Oval. It is a large park, ideal for sport and recreation alike, and also has seating and a playground for toddlers.
5R Jenner Street, Little Bay NSW 2036
The Wright family have been long time residents of Boundary Street adjoining the park. Henry Wright (1897-1960) moved into his Hemsley Estate house in 1926, following service as a private with the AIF in England and France during WW1.
48 Barcoo St, Roseville
Named after Charles Wickham (1869-1936), local resident and skilled gardener. Charles was the ‘guiding genius’ of the gardens on the Village Green at Artarmon Railway Station. The gardens were first established by the Artarmon Progress Association in 1928. As a volunteer he made the gardens into his retirement hobby, eventually being employed by Council. During 1983-1990 three blocks of land in White Street were acquired by Council for open space in response to Artarmon becoming a more populated suburb. Landscape improvements were completed in 2007.
Wickham Park, White Street, Artarmon
Multi-purpose sports facility with turf wicket, two cricket nets, athletics track, four tennis courts, soccer/rugby field, exercise equipment, playground and clubhouse
Eastern Road Turramurra Australia
Part of the Randwick Community Centre site, this Reserve has bike racks and picnic facilities – perfect for a fun day out with the family. While you’re out and about, check out the nearby Environment Park.
21-29 Munda Street, Randwick NSW 2031
Conveniently located close to transport and shops, this venue is perfect for meetings, classes and small parties. It can accommodate up to 60 people and has a piano and projector with screen. Available to hire Sunday – Thursday 7am to 11pm, and Friday to Saturday 7am to midnight.
259 Pacific Highway Lindfield Australia
Randwick Environment Park comprises 13 hectares of parkland, bushland and wetland. The bushland and wetland provides valuable habitat for native birds, lizards, frogs and mammals. More than 90 species of indigenous plants have been identified to date. The Park contains 3.6 hectares of Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub, an endangered ecological community, and is also home to the endangered Sunshine Wattle. The park, originally part of the Randwick Army Barracks, opened in 2010.
6R Argyle Crescent, Randwick NSW 2031
Kenneth Slessor Park is named after the renowned Australian poet and journalist, Kenneth Slessor (1901-71), who lived nearby at several houses along Pacific Highway in Chatswood for the early and later part of his life. Originally called Western Park, the park has western views to the Blue Mountains and was part of the Fuller Estate. The land was purchased by Council in 1931.
Western way, chatswood
Set in the beautiful and historic St. Thomas’ Rest Park, this unique and accessible fully fenced playground has been created as a series of play ‘rooms’ connected by rubber pathways within lush native gardens. Activities have a whimsical theme with a groovy climbing ‘critter’, spring-mounted rockets, an old style ‘steam engine’, an unusual roundabout and two sets of double swings including an arm-power swing. A larger central structure incorporates an unusual sitting ‘capsule’ as well as tunnels, slides and climbing activities. Picnic tables are centrally located, making this a popular playground for longer visits.
West Street Crows Nest New South Wales 2065
Come & discover Williams Park Bondi North NSW 2026. Lookout, Aboriginal Carvings are located behind the golf course on the rocks at Williams Park, North Bondi, looking over the ocean. These Aboriginal Rock Engravings features sharks, fish, men and women
Williams Park, 22-24 Military Rd, North Bondi NSW 2026
Rose Bay Park is a small park located below the Rose Bay Police Station and bounded between Point Piper Marina and Rose Bay Marina. The park provides a sandy beach and a shaded picnic area. This park is often used for small wedding ceremonies as there are many nearby reception venues. Rose Bay was named after The Right Honourable George Rose (he was not knighted) who was joint Secretary to the British Treasury with Thomas Steele, after whom Steel(e) Point at Nielsen Park was named. The name Rose Bay was used as early as 1778 by Captain John Hunter.
Rose Bay Park, Corner New South Head Road and Wunulla Road, Rose Bay
Bundock Park is located directly adjacent to Clovelly Beach. On the southern side of the beach you will find an amenities building, beach inspectors’ office, the Sea Salt Cafe, picnic shelters, BBQs and external showers. A children’s playground is located in a small grassed area behind the beach. There are also several small, grassed picnic areas, many of which are enclosed by mature native planting. On the northern side of the bay there are formal pathways, picnic shelters, BBQs, and extensive plantings of native trees and shrubs. The Coastal Walkway runs through the park and it is popular with walkers and joggers.
3-25R Eastbourne Avenue, Clovelly NSW 2031
Your destination for netball and tennis, with 25 netball courts, five dual-marked tennis courts and BBQ right at the edge of beautiful Lane Cove National Park
End of Canoon Road South Turramurra Australia