Named after Clive Norman Backhouse, Mayor (1912-13) and Chatswood East Ward Alderman (1911-14).
Elizabeth Park – Northbridge
Named after Eliza (‘Biddy’) Smith, local activist and charity worker and a resident of Coolawin Road Northbridge from c.1940.
Hallstrom Point – Northbridge
Named after Sir Edward Hallstrom (1886-1970), a philanthropist and local industrialist.
John Roche Park – Northbridge
Named after John J. Roche J.P., local resident and activist on the Northbridge Progress Association from 1945-75.
King Park – Northbridge
The park land was part of an area granted to James French in 1856, which was subdivided in 1905 as the Tableland Estate.
Northbridge Bike Skill Track – Northbridge
The Northbridge Bike Skills track features a section of small jumps and a “pump track”.
Northbridge Park – Northbridge
Northbridge was the name given to the suburb built in 1913 on the first peninsula north of the Suspension Bridge (now Cammeray Bridge).
Northbridge War Memorial – Northbridge
The reserve was proclaimed a War Memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole…
Warners Park – Northbridge
Named after J.R. (Reg) Warner who operated the ‘Waratah’ dairy in Edinburgh Road in 1914.